Peace, for now

You know Balryn, this isnt really the time or the place, to verbaly/dreamily attack Guildmistress Diera, the fae, and the new Merconti. Can this all wait untill after the matter at hand is delt with?
In addition (and I suspect you will understand this Balryn) since the actions of the King of Dreams in spreading the cure to Blood Tears has saved the life of many of my people, I would ask that you take this into account.

On realated notes, the fae here are not exactly like the fae in other places. If you spend some time with them, you will realise that. Many of them act in particuler ways becouse that is the way they need to act, to be the aspect that they are. (and if you are unclear on what I mean, feel free to ask.)
The land that these fae came from was broken down, and apprently is no longer reachable, however it may be remakeable. Because of this, these fae (for the most part) are not only of this realm, but of this town, linked to it in a complicated way. At one point they protected the town quite a bit, but that was before some people (adventurers) decided to assult them, and steal coin from them. It seems that since them, some of the day to day protection of the town has fallen to the same adventurers and other non related newly arived people.

If you have any questions about what I have said, feel free to contact me, or send a messanger. Thank you for your time and effort.

Kauss said:
You know Balryn, this isnt really the time or the place, to verbaly/dreamily attack Guildmistress Diera, the fae, and the new Merconti. Can this all wait untill after the matter at hand is delt with?
In addition (and I suspect you will understand this Balryn) since the actions of the King of Dreams in spreading the cure to Blood Tears has saved the life of many of my people, I would ask that you take this into account.

On realated notes, the fae here are not exactly like the fae in other places. If you spend some time with them, you will realise that.
If you have any questions about what I have said, feel free to contact me, or send a messanger. Thank you for your time and effort.
Well Kauss... I have a complete understanding of the Fae in this area. I've spoken with nearly all of them at some point and I've studied them for almost a year now. Several of them I have made arrangements with and several of them have shown they share common goals. Thorn works for individuals that he doesn't fully understand and I stated that the Fae are a very manipulative and powerful race alien to most other races here. I was having a perfectly fine conversation regarding the King of Dreams until Diera stuck her thoughts in and referred to me being insane simply because I happen to have spent more effort learning about these beings than she has. I even invited the King to share a glass of wine at my table... which he accepted should the task at hand be needed. The King is fully aware that his kind enjoys entertaining themselves with manipulating material beings. He retains power and that power retains respect, but I that does not lead me to ignore whether or not Fae in general have very insidious agendas that may not coincide with simple forms such as ourselves.

Aside from that- the Merconti and Diera can think that a few petty titles in Dagliano make them superior beings in the dream realms, but I'm not even in Dagliano right now so I'll treat them as distastefully here as I would the open seas when they are rude to me.

This place is dream and where else is one supposed to voice themself? Here I can voice my opinion of her or any other unfit noble without worrying of unjust law. I don't expect anything but the worse from Diera and she took upon herself the duty of opening this can of worms. I routinely enjoy watching her get stoned and beheaded here simply because this place is dream. The matter at hand here and now is that Diera is a righteous, demeaning, over-bearing, iron-fisted dictator who isn't happy to have her sand castle disturbed. So sad really. I don't have to deal with her petty atttepts to exert control over my thoughts here and I don't have listen to her words anymore than I have seen in her actions in the breathing world. So many people have come to me telling me of their distaste for the angry hen of the earth nest that I am not going to quiet my thoughts when she decides to ruffle her feathers.

If you don't like what I dream- I suggest you wake up or dream somewhere else.

~Balryn

Balryn, do you not have anything pleasant to dream about? Do you not have any joys in life to sweeten your stay in the sleeping world? It seems that every time I hear your dreams, you are phrasing some form of malcontent in one fashion or another. Nothing pleasant; nothing good willed. All of it filled with hatred and loathing.

You have dreamt earlier that men of morality are not allowed to have peaceful dreams: I believe this to be false. I believe that those of morality cherish their dreams of times and places where people are not so corrupt. Times and places where people would rather stick to their fellow towns person than to their vanity. If those of moral fiber did not have something to dream about, then they do not have a mission. No purpose to their existence: no reason to be morally upstanding: no reason to stay in this life.

With that said, are you willing to tell me that you do not strive for better times, or for better places? Is there nothing that you live for? If there is not, then the Strega has already won the fight against you.

The Strega is coming, and it threatens all of us. Anyone and anything that has a heart beating within its chest is an enemy of the Strega: for she sees you as an enemy regardless of what you are. She is not coming after us to destroy just our coin collection, our trade routes, our titles, or our reputation. She comes to destroy our families, our homes, our very existence. Everything we have stood for, everything we fight for, everything we cherish and care about is going to be destroyed. Nothing is sacred to the Strega: nothing will be spared.

What is to step into the way of the Strega? Us. A small town of *** backwards adventurers who fight over petty differences.

We have a fight coming up, and we need unity. So far, all I see is discord. The Strega or her minions will eventually come for each and every one of us. Better to meet them all standing side-by-side in a glorious field of battle than stick to our small groups and be diminished one by one in the night. If we stand together, then we may even have a chance to live till the next day, where our passions, our missions, our vices, and our very lives still have meaning.

Your malcontent is wearing away at this town: everyones malcontent is wearing away at this town. You are right; this is a place where one can voice their mind without burdens of titles or social standings. However, you still have to wake up in the morning and live with the people you voice against. I am willing to bet that there are some in this town who do not forgive as easily as I do, and would rather withhold aid in times of battle because you did not pay the respect they thought they deserved.

Anyone who does this is an agent of the Strega in my eyes: as well as the person who brought it upon themselves. Even though Diera could, and should have held her tongue and stayed out of this dream, you could have just as easily exercised the same amount of restraint. There have been times where I have withheld my thoughts on this town in the interest of keeping the peace. Goodness knows that I have had some poor opinions of this town and the people who dwell here.

If you would rather come here and let loose a torrent of thoughts that would fracture this town when it needs to be united the most, then I have a suggestion for you. Take your blade, run yourself through with it, and will your spirit to never come back again. At least then you wouldn't give the Strega the satisfaction of unravelling your weave, and we would have one less voice of dissonance on our battlefield. One less corpse to trip over, and one less corpse soak up life spells.

This goes for everyone, not just Balryn. I will not suffer selfishness when the time calls for selflessness. This is everyone's fight. The very existence of everything we know of is on the breach of destruction. All that we argue about and fight for is about to have no meaning. Are we going to let that happen? Are we willing to let the Strega step in and say that we and everything we hold precious and worth fighting for is worthless?

Personally, there is no bigger insult than that. I strive hard to obtain that which I seek. To have someone, Strega or no, threaten my future and rob my actions of meaning, I say "Over my dead body."

I am willing to fight the Strega with or without all of you. I know that the Strega will destroy me no matter how much I run. You can huddle in with your closest associates, thinking you can win the day with the false hope of exclusiveness. Or, you can set aside your differences for just one fleeting moment and give meaning to what you stay in this life for, and stand a chance to win.

The choice is in everyone's hands. I would personally like to grow old, pass on my family's legacy, and die an old man. At the state of how things are, however, I do not see coming to pass.

*A door appears, it seems to be oozing something unplesant. It is covered in eyes, looking around in a manner most creepy. A vague purplish black mist surrounds the lower portion of the door. The Queen of Nightmares voice echoes through it into the dream realm* Balryn, a part of my realm is welcome to you, if you are not satisfied with dreams. Your bitterness and loathing would certainly add to the . . . atmosphere. And those who bother you here would be unlikely to follow and leave their happy dreams behind. Not many have the strength of will to leave their dreams behind for favor of Nightmares.

Balryn was just having pleasant converstion until Diera broke the cease fire. Balryn, if you wish to take the Queen up on her offer, I have some blood drawn from a slain nightmare that would expedite your trip to her realm. :eek:

Johnathan, Here here! In every way, shape, and form, I back everything that you just thought. I think you, Slice, Kauss, and myself need to find a quiet corner somewhere really soon in the real waking world and talk a few things out before we get blindsided. This thing could go down any minute and we gotta get some things straight before they do. Find me.....

bitterness with a base and in opinion, clarity of thought, and descision have little to do with nightmares. Balryn has his perspective, the rest has there's
One trying to convine others of one thing, and another, or several, trying to convince others of another.
It's my opinion that no side here operates with any intent but the greater good and allegiance of this town.
If the fey are indeed in such a position to backstab the rest of us, then why give them our complete trust? I do not know Balryn personally, but I sense no false intentions in his words.

The direction of this discussion fell somewhat into disarray when Diera saw it fit to insult Balryn, and stood by her words after his retaliation, rather than backing down.
I believe that Balryns words in retaliation were just, wether or not I agree with them

no one is trying to divide this town
if those of liberal thought and word with their own opinions are the ones that populate your realm, Queen of Nightmares, I have no doubt that time spent there is more worthwhile than the dreams which sing me off into sleep each night.

-Ikrit

Look at how fast youre willing to caste someone out. At the slight inclination of difference, you're willing to leave someone behind. Give them up. Whether you like them or not. Agree or dissagree with their opinions.
You say you'll fight against what threatens you and yours, but when it comes to someone else you can care less.
You dont need the Strega to pull you apart, some seem to beable to do it all on their own.
How can you preach about unity but disregard someone so quickly, when they step up to defend themselves.
Don't talk about someone else's issues and feelings when the thoughts that pour from your mind are dripping with distain.

I hope I'm taking what some of you are thinking, wrong.
And if not, then I seriously think we have bigger problems to deal with within yourselves, greater then the Strega.
For she'll find your weakness and your willing to cast down shadows upon others and use that against you and yours.

Seriously concider that in the future, for everyone's sake.

You are taking what I have dreamt in a wrong manner, and for that I apologize. I sometimes do not have the clearity to fully express what I think.

Of course I do not wish to cast Balryn aside. To do so would be foolishness. Even though his troubled dreams has ruffled the feathers of those around him, I would still proudly fight by his side. I would proudly fight aside anyone in this town. However, if anyone, Balryn and Diera included, were to make matters worst for all of us by running off their minds: that is where I stop. At that point, they have chosen to cast themselves aside.

Make no mistake. I do not condone what Diera said with what she did. She could have easily restrained herself, Balryn could have done so himself. However, Barlyn just happens to be at the focal point of most dreams ran afoul within the last few months, and this was the last one I could bare. Had it been anyone else doing the same as Balryn, I still would have said the things I said.

My disdain does not lie with my fellow adventurers, but more with their blindness. Killing the Fae that has the reknowned reputation of unravelling the weave should take more precidence than defending a few trifle words mispoken in the realm of dreams. Rather than tending to the threat looming on the not too ditant horizon, some would rather tend to these small words and allow the threat to consume us. Everyone ends up suffering for a mistake made by few.

The point of my message is simple, and it will be made clear now. Stop fighting each other, ban together, kill the Strega, and then you can get back to fighing eachother. No matter how much we disagree with one another, the Strega will disagree with everyone more. She *will* have the final say, and she *will* side with what she believes in: and that is that everyone else is wrong. The only way that she will be wrong is if we stop her, and we cannot stop her if we cant stop fighting each other. People do not seem to realize this, and that is where my disdain lies.

I agree with you, Solomon. We should have a meeting to plan. However, I would like to add one name to that list, and that is Balryn. Him and his blood deserve to be apart of every phase of this conflict as anyone else. The Rom are just as important in this fight as any Gaje, for they have just as much to lose as everyone.

Anyone can be an ally. You only have to find a common destination, a common path to walk. With trust to carry you both, you will deliver eachother with equal satisfaction. These were one of many lessons given to me by my father.

However, I will have to encourage you to start the plannings without me. I am currently beyond the mists in distant lands seeking help. With luck and some well placed words, I may be able to bring more numbers to the field.

Lastly, I would encourage everyone to do the same. Stress every contact you have; call in every favor outstanding. Bring more to the fight. As always, the more the better.

I didn't mean to be exclusive of any whom I've fought alongside in the past, and hope to in the future. I know that you, Johnathan, and Slice will be focal in putting the towns official assets in place, and that Kauss would most likely be leading or advising the local mercantile of defense plans. I thought it best to get us all on similar pages and then the four of us could go on to work with the other various groups and factions within the community. To exclude Balryn and his family from all this would be sheer folly, but I also understand their nature somewhat and know that they prefer not to fall under anyone's official command. Far better to allow them to follow their nature and work freely I thought. I apologize for presuming one and all. Avoiding the mistakes of the past is vital to our survival. Not another Pascal, never again.

Johnathan Lancaster said:
My disdain does not lie with my fellow adventurers, but more with their blindness. Killing the Fae that has the reknowned reputation of unravelling the weave should take more precidence than defending a few trifle words mispoken in the realm of dreams. Rather than tending to the threat looming on the not too ditant horizon, some would rather tend to these small words and allow the threat to consume us. Everyone ends up suffering for a mistake made by few.

The point of my message is simple, and it will be made clear now. Stop fighting each other, ban together, kill the Strega, and then you can get back to fighing eachother. No matter how much we disagree with one another, the Strega will disagree with everyone more. She *will* have the final say, and she *will* side with what she believes in: and that is that everyone else is wrong. The only way that she will be wrong is if we stop her, and we cannot stop her if we cant stop fighting each other. People do not seem to realize this, and that is where my disdain lies.
Jonathan- My thoughts, either the dreams or the nightmares of this realm are simply the images that plague my mind. The Strega and all it's minions are merely another assualt on the things I love and protect. I fight it as I would any other attacker.... Diera is one of those things that chisels away at the foundation of my life.

I hate her as I would any other thing like her. Her actions and her words have caused my family heartache and loss. My brother died because of words her and other townsfolk said... and my memory is not forgiving or forgetful. Fighting the Strega is a task that I have undertaken and I do not forget that those who fight with me are both my ally and my enemy.

If you want to compare me to the Strega feel free. My way of life is far different than yours and I like it that way. But do not forget that I nor my family led you to this place of absolute loss. The nobles of this town have abandoned this place time and time again. They have led a war against so many fronts that this place you call home is falling apart. People like Diera have been aiding the forces of the Strega by the sheer folly of allowing the guild to fall asunder and by squandering resources to far less fruitful goals. Things like having Mykell slain for trying to kill agents of the Blind Man or by raising a chaos creature like the Gryphon as her child. Members of this town are far from innocent and some of them deserve to be consumed by the pits of chaos that they have not only created but embraced.

This is not my home. This war is far from mine. But I fight it because I have morality and do not hold everyone to blame.

But I do hold blame. When this is over I will find some justice in my heart against the people seeking to do my family harm.

~Balryn

Back