Personal Anthems

While it may make little sense these days, "deep-seated" is correct. I believe it stems from "sitting deep", (like in a hole in the ground).

An etymology-enthusiast,
ChrisO

Actually, I looked it up. The etymology comes from something being "deep seated" in your chest/heart. It has to do with a currently unused definition of the word seat.

-MS

B.S. in Linguistics

Theme song from Firefly. If you read my gypsie's background or get him to tell you his tale, you'd know why. Plus, it's just hella cool.

Maxondaerth said:
Theme song from Firefly. If you read my gypsie's background or get him to tell you his tale, you'd know why. Plus, it's just hella cool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywerM0ELUhg[/youtube]

Mighty song and show

youthculture said:
Sevaria's playlist:

Gravedigger by Mahatma
Losing Hope by Jack Johnson
The General by Dispatch
Seven Days to the Wolves by Nightwish
The Island by Nightwish
The Mariner's Revenge Song by The Decemberists
Eli the Barrow Boy by The Decemberists
Shankill Butchers by The Decemberists
The Unquiet Grave by Ween

Sevaria is obviously an extremely cheerful person. :roll:

However, my friends and I do have a seperate playlist specifically for NPCing hype-up, and the car ride up to game. We're crazy kids.

liking nightwish earns you 50 cool points.

mikestrauss said:
Actually, I looked it up. The etymology comes from something being "deep seated" in your chest/heart. It has to do with a currently unused definition of the word seat.

-MS

B.S. in Linguistics
Thanks! I didn't look it up, hence the "I believe". :D

To which unused definition are you referring? Just curious.

ChrisO

For my barbarian healer it will have to be the entire Dragon Force album Sonic Firestorm, but if I had to narrow it down to one song it would be Muse - Knights of Sadonia.

My personal song though is the Turtles - Happy Together.

mikestrauss said:

-MS

B.S. in Linguistics

It always made perfect sense to me. "Seated" in this case referring to placement. Like when putting two pieces of a machine together you have to make sure the one is seated properly in the other one.

mikestrauss said:

-MS

B.S. in Linguistics

Not really -that- much of an unused definition of seat. It is still the standard for speaking of firmly fitting computer components into their sockets on a motherboard, after all. :)

-Kiefer

For all you Gypsies out there, might I suggest finding a copy of "The Gypsy" (CD), by Boiled in Lead. It's tied to a book by the same name, and has some excellent songs with which to get into character. I highly recommend it.

Just wanted to share some of the gypsy love...:)

As an example, from "Hide My Track":

I got no home I can go back to
I got no one to call a friend
I can't find the place I started
And I can only guess how it'll end

So keep them hounds off my trail
These jailers off my back
Get these bracelets off of me
A little rain to hide my track...

:)
ChrisO

I tend to listen to anything by Golgo Bordello in order to get into the gypsy mindset

Davio

Ooh! And for a Dark Elf Poet, I'd suggest Hayley Westenra's "Dark Waltz". Ees pretty.

Okay, this is getting a bit too entertaining. :)

ChrisO

Wildescent - Thorns by Wumpscut

Kheritana - Rain Within Her Hands by Bella Morte (And Black Magic Woman by Carlos Santana.)

Mia - Hate by London After Midnight

I absolutly love songs by which you identity as a character's personal anthem.

My Characters songs are:

D- .45 by shinedown.

Jehan- Hoobastank's Crawling in the dark.

Our groups song: Citizen Soldiers by 3 Doors down.

They help get me in the mood. :)

Cool thread rob

Paul

I need to find a character to use "Toccata and Fugue in D minor" as an anthem. NOT orchestral, must be pipe organ. The preferred recording is from the album Heavy Organ by Virgil Fox. I grew up listening to my dad's copy on vinyl and I can't find the darn thing on CD!

Telokh_Amdo said:
I need to find a character to use "Toccata and Fugue in D minor" as an anthem. NOT orchestral, must be pipe organ. The preferred recording is from the album Heavy Organ by Virgil Fox. I grew up listening to my dad's copy on vinyl and I can't find the darn thing on CD!

I completely agree about the organ version. Oh, if you like, I can get you an organ version, I have one. I can't remember what recording it is, but I can check when I get home.

Jen

Thanks for the offer, but finding an organ version isn't a problem. It's just that they all pale in comparison to the specific one I mentioned in my previous post. It's a live concert recording and the energy of Virgil Fox's speech before the piece just add that much more the the performance once it starts. The guy is absolutely amazing.

General themes to get me hyped for Alliance:

Helloween- "Light the Universe" (featuring Candise Night of Blackmoor's Night)

Helloween- "Come Alive", "Do you know what you're fighting for"

KMFDM- "Stray Bullet" "Son of a Gun" "From Here on out"

Iced Earth- "Angel's Holocaust"

Hammerfall- Practically anything

Blind Guardian- Anything

JIM

Back