Please Do not murderface Goblins for no reason

Saro

Artisan
Hello All! Last market day many goblins died. I know they are not officially a protected race, but I believe that we should not just murder face things because they're slightly annoying sometimes. For example, Wycliff is very annoying a lot of the time and we do not murderface him. Perhaps you will think to yourself "Well Wycliff is a friend". First i would question why you revere him as a friend and then I would tell you, goblins are friends too. They just have a very hard time focusing on things other than shinies.
Also I know a lot of the murder facing came from the goblins came from them taking your shiny things. As I learned the hard way, it is important to keep things important to you on you or in your direct line of sight. Also If something of yours is taken by a goblin I would ask that you please don't use your blade before your brain.Please ask me and I will get it back for you and I am almost certain I can.
If you murder a goblin for simply the reason they took something of yours, I will attack you with everything I have. I know I may not seem strong, but I am passionate and good with my bow. I will put you down one way or another.
Also what would Taios think about you murder facing goblins? Don't murder face goblins just because Taios isn't there.
With love,

Saro
First Knight of Zhool
The Nefarious Queen of Nowhere
HOTH

The exception is the blue skin magic eating goblinoids.
For those who haven't visit Ardic there is a race of blue goblinoids that can eat magic. I.e permanent circles, wards, scrolls and potions.

Pyke
TOTH, Aira'yen clan of the Mala'kari

Saro, pebbles always feel dat way about goblins and other creatures. Pebbles know you feel strong about dis and good job. Pebbles proud of Saro!!! But be careful, of who you say you Knight too, Pebbles know you like titles..but person Saro say she first Knight to has done some "wrong" tangs dat I not say on here, but Saro saying dat you first Knight to dat individual can get you Rezzed under da laws of da adventurers. So Pebbles say to her friend Saro, as a friend not a threat, please be careful sayin dat.

As long as they leave me alone, I will leave them be, I will not take the first action.

-Fredrick

I questions regarding the killing of goblins and other things that may wander into town.
  • Who do the laws of the Empire protect, citizens, travelers, intelligent persons?
  • Are there specific "Green Skin" laws that authorize the killing of particular races?
  • What is the Empire's law with respect to the right to defend one's self from attack?
-Mathis

This is a personal request of saro. Goblins are semi harmless but a annoyance. They are not protected by any low in eloria or Ardic.

Pyke

You just have to fight a Green Dragon or whatever Zhool is IF you kill to many of them. He seems to understand a certain amount of goblincide but gets irritated with too much of it. The goblins rarely attack anyone but they prove themselves ridiculously annoying to the point of even the happiest person feeling like an old angry man.

Kit

Please do not kill goblins. It is rude.

Saro

Semi harmless? Slightly annoying? Goblins, if given the chance, will murder you in your sleep and take all your "shinies". True goblins are not funny they are not buddies they are not pets. I am not referring to people who have been, against their will, transformed into goblins. they should not be allowed to roam freely run throughout our Tavern in our town. In my youth I had a good friend of mine permanently killed by a goblin I've had Caravans of mine attacked by goblins and innocent murdered by them. So no, I don't give them much credit or love.

I have the same feelings about Fey Folk.

I tolerate them only because it pleases my friends, but make no mistake in trusting any of them.

Maxwell

Goblins are friends...

Saro

Taios is a goblin. Taios is relatively ok. Please don't murder goblins. I will do my best to tame them with shinies. Not all goblins are mudrerfacey. Don't be a racist.

Saro

Right, so none of that answered my questions about the laws.

Maxwell, it is my understanding that you have a copy of those laws. Any chance you could share them with me?

-Mathis

I'll do my best to transcribe then to the dream realm. Look for them look for them later tonight.

Saro,
Tios didn't start out as a goblin.
So he isn't "murder face" on sight as you put it.

Taios- while an Arcane Goblin, is ,I would argue,very much protected.

If not by the laws of the land than by the blades, spells, and words of those who care about him.

I would warn- "murderfacing"- Taios will end very poorly for those who may try.

Also I agree- and encourage not wholesale killing any race if it can be avoided in some manner.

That last part is just my opinion- however it is a very strong opinion.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyn,

I understand and will acknowledge your veiwpoint, however, here is a different way of looking at this issue. Say a bunch of Kobolds started infesting the town, and bugging everyone in the Tavern for candy and food. Then, when adventurers are alone, started gassing random targets and leaving them for dead. Would you think twice about killing the Kobolds that are foolish enough to walk into a place they aren't wanted or welcome, and causing grievance?

The same applies here, but far worse: these Goblins that follow Zhool have a reversed metabolism from what I've witnessed, being healed by Chaos, which has been casted before my very eyes by Zhool himself, once directed at my person. Many of them ALSO devour magic, and have eaten various wards and even the Gwen's earth circle at one point. I have not been attacked by them yet, however, it's more than simply ridiculous to let them roam free and destroy our protectives and magical structures. No, we don't need to start a crusade on Goblins, but I feel as though we should make it clear that the Mist Island of Ardic is not a place where such beings are welcomed with open arms. And yes, Taios is an exception, as he is first and foremost an adventurer, and an Arcane Goblin second.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

Valneus,

I fear you misunderstand. I agree if a PART of a WHOLE is shall we say diseased- and make no mistake that is what Chaos is- you must cut it from the whole and destroy it. But that is not to say destroy the whole.

My issue is with killing a race simply because they are a race- not because of what they DO.

If they do evil harmful things they must be dealt with. Simple.

I draw the line at- all X race must die because a small group of X race has proven to be corrupt or harmful to the people of the land.
The small group must die not genocide the entire race.

If I over reached with my example I apologize- I am simply visiting and have no idea of the current mood of the land and the people and the adventures.

I hope that made more sense.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Perfect sense, thank you, and though I believe your perception of Chaos is quite narrow minded, I do agree that in this case, it is a pestilence on the goblin population which should be purged.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

To clarify, Zhools goblins cannot eat magic. Those are the big blue skinned goblins. Two very different things.

Actually, the goblin who ate the Earth Circle was green skinned, and one of Zhool's.

Back