Post your favorite moments here!

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Had a lot of fun this event, here are some highlights:

Opening field battle versus the undead pirates was a good one. The difficulty level was just about right, having them come back if they weren't KB'd by someone with heart of the sea made a pretty standard wave battle more interesting. Special effects and the sirens singing made the atmosphere cool as well.

Enjoyed all the role play and emotions involving Darius and his trial and execution. Before long Paladins will have killed more Acarthians than our rogue's gallery.

Playing around with the new sword that we have been working on building for at least 2 years was a lot of fun.

Trying to keep up following Kendrick in the huntsman fight. Somebody needs to nerf that guy, seriously...

Late night fey mod was great. It was very challenging, props and set up were cool, had a good mix of RP, puzzles, and fighting. We fucked it up royally, but overall I had a lot of fun on it. Props to the writers on their first mod!

The 37 pages of Warchester smut was humorous and quite vivid.

The little bit of rain we got during the event was a welcome respite from the heat and dust.

And last but not least, I was really happy with the way the proposal to Cynder went down according to plan (thanks to Emaric and treasure bag crew), and I'm looking forward to our IP wedding in the not too distant future.

This was one of my best events ever! Let's get to the good stuff:

-Going out on Friday night to find a thing only to find out the person who had the thing ended up getting the thing to the wrong person, then hitting the bricks to find who ended up getting the thing and having to deal with them.

-Getting asked by Demvarian for my "Expert opinion" on how a ritual works. It was awesome to get to rattle off about things I know finally.

- Page mod! I wrote and marshalled my first mod this weekend. It was for the pages, they got to go into a cool ruin and and just killed it in terms of puzzle solving and roleplay. A big thanks to Sierra and Emily for bringing my writing to life and being so amazing with the kids.

-The side conversations at the trial outside, discussing the likely outcomes, the morality of those outcomes, and getting a very important update on the Foothills.

- Making the decision to not sell my baked goods on Saturday and instead give them away in solidarity with Darius. He sacrificed for us, Elwin can sacrifice some coin.

-Snakes part 1. Going through the mirror with the Scions and others to take out a snake altar. Elwin went from "I hate snakes" to blind rage when he saw the minotuar hybrid. He tried to find a way to save them and was confronted with that failure head on.

- Post fight Elwin "checking the chest for traps" after taking a perceived racist comment personally. Then plopping down next to Parzivel and finally having a conversation. Elwin got a better understanding of who the Scions are and Parzivel got to meet the Murder Hobling. Cultures were enriched.

-Dinner was amazing. You guys are amazing.

- Oh, the water fight. That Dryad NPC was so annoying, so great and if they had thrown one more spell at me, so eating a death. The encounter was super fun, great mechanics, and not what I was expecting.

- Snakes part 2. Bayenna family time with Sir Thad Blaine. We did the usual family thing, traveled someone interesting, engaged snake cultists, watched our Baron get eaten by a snake, blow that snake up as he was eaten, another snake eat the first one, kill that one, cut them both open, life and heal Baron, rinse repeat. Purge some snake taint and blow up an altar. That fight ate everything some of us had. Everything. And it was still a gamble at the end that we could win. I love my team, I love our new motto, and I really dig Sir Thad. Paul did a wonderful job playing him and I hope we get to see more of him in the coming months.

Edit: One final thing. A small piece of almost after thought roleplay threatening the now snake corrupted Loremaster's guild leader in place of Umbrasil and hoping she heard. Not sure how he's going to rip the beating heart out of a snake spirit, but if anyone can it's a pissed off Hobling.

• Getting to yell "F#*K ACARTHIA" in front of nobility... and I didn't get killed once.
  • Getting an old school Belgarion beat-down. I don't get surprised much in hand-to-hand, and this gave me a sword boner I still have.
  • "F#*k you, Mom"
  • Scion circus tent. I think we kept the elephantkin quiet enough that no one else noticed them.
  • Teaching sword. Some of it was hilarious, but all of it was rewarding.
  • Getting to spar with Cynder. I've never done it IC before and even I was surprised how different it was. I felt her soulstone-power running out like an execution was coming up.
  • Good Alis time. We didn't have a lot of in-depth character stuff this time, but it was still great.
  • Walking over to all the paladins deliberating about Darius' fate, yelling at them briefly about Acarthian hypocrisy, and then killing every single one of them before they could get their swords out... in my mind.
  • Scions + Warchester = best day to call in sick for duty in the Ulrathi forces.
  • Ryu using Break Command on me. It was the most intense RP moment of the whole game, and I'm still amazed.
  • Breaking through Arikaya's armor while swinging the Berzerk carrier. Then realizing it was just her and me and now she was mad.
  • Eating a dead snake. Then eating Egil as dessert. Then turning into a reddish snake-flavored mist.
  • Talking to John Siadak briefly after game. No real reason why. I just liked him so much in those few moments and he was so obviously exhausted from trying to give everyone else a great game.

That's all I have for now

Last edited:
A smattering:
  • I enjoyed doing Marshal duty for Jack R. and Paul Jr. on Friday night. I think I mostly kept them from breaking a leg a few times, too.
  • Confusion in the Dark: First, I mistake Derek (NPC) for a PC because he was checking on a downed NPC, which I interpreted as him running in to loot said NPC... so I jumped in and friendly-fired him down. THEN, some nearby PC sees me beating Derek and decides Derek must be PC. They pop an Endow and start hauling him "back" into PC lines. At this point Cynder yells "Don't help that ******, he's one of THEM!" (Then, just for kicks, the Huntsman instructs one of his casters to throw a Cure Light on Derek, who is now crumpled at the front of PC lines). GOOD TIMES.
  • I was in such a different role a the Trial of Baron Darius than I have been for any previous trials in our game... but, even with that bias, I think it was an incredibly impactful hour, filled with amazing RP and riveting testimony. I hope our community feels that "good story" was the overall result, since that is always and forever the goal of this Plot team.
  • There are numerous ways that this community has welcomed my son Owen into their game. At every single event I am touched by the care and attention he is blessed with by you all. Special thanks to Dia, Candace, Jon C., John S., Ian (and probably others) for being an awesome part of his life.
  • Being part of Ducal Court gives me a neat chance to interact with players that I had previoulsy not done much with. You all are fun to play this game with.
  • I really enjoyed seeing Brooke Blaine (of the Dockside Blaines) during a particular scene. A total treat.
  • There is a special moment at the end of every field battle... the 30 seconds that immediately follows the final death of whatever NPC I am playing. I don't need to get up and go get ready to repop. I just lie there, sweaty, panting and smiling... I really love it.

I was super happy at the new site, having a cabin really helped a LOT! It was amazing to have my own space and not have to pack up everything at the end. So good. Highly recommend.

Here are my favorite moments:
*So many cupcakes! <3 You guys are really the best friends - thank you. I also really enjoyed Lagarde puppy-begging for cupcakes; such adorableness.
*"It's really more of a food than a drink."
*The sober but tangible support for BARON DARIUS and the subsequent shift of so many opinions. So many people, Alis included, went from grudgingly liking Darius, to respecting him, to being willing to absolutely cut a bitch on his behalf in those final moments of the trial. So good. SUCH good roleplay. Well done, Mac. Well f*#king done. Likewise, Tarnakesis (sp?) standing up and calling the paladins to task with one simple action that quite literally spoke everyone's thoughts aloud. Well done to Jesse, too.
*The arrival of Thorn of the Raven Tribe and the kicking of green a$$ that followed.
*Talking snakes with Arikaya.
*Erotic readings in the tavern from unexpected sources. VERY well written work, too. I felt I was there. :p
*Going over the 'rules' with Lumi and thus re-igniting her desire for a brother sandwich. Sorry boys.
*Late night tiny cabin RP

EDITED TO ADD:
*Darius' sister. I didn't get to talk to her, but goddamn that woman is amazing.

Last edited:
A few of my highlights!

• Elavir to Lagarde, "Why is your hat haunted?", he laughs, "Again, why is your hat haunted?" In just utter "wtf" tone.
  • The page mod! Emily and Sierra did such an amazing job for all the kids! You two really bring the story to life for them. Thank you <3
  • Molly Wagerset proposing marriage to Baron Egil, who looked at me and basically said help me out of this.
  • All the emotions, from all the players and characters during Darius's trial.
  • Desperately trying to convince Red that saying necromancy wasn't all bad was going to get him killed. Then having him talk to Alis.
  • Bluwolf trying to buy one of Alis's birthday cupcakes the second I brought them out, then getting jumped by everyone else for the same thing.
Edit:
I almost forgot! Seeing Lagarde chewing on a finger, telling him to drop it, then chastising him about not chewing on things that were from undead.

• Getting to use my lock picking skills in the friday night fight. Especially regarding Yssenia's RP around being a trapper/ranger/hunter than vs a rogue and just saying she has more experience working with traps around living creatures.
  • All of the RP with Zakar over the weekend. Ever since he was one of the first people to be nice to Yssenia, she has enjoyed getting to know him better.
  • Making props before game for NPC camp, and my PC somehow ending up with one of those props
  • Every time I get to play Blooming Germination, I learn something new about her and have a blast. It was great trying to balance out helping and hurting each side of the field.
  • Paul Mosher Senior, you know what you did, yes that other thing too. You are a monster, and I love everything about it.
  • Clever use off magics in multiple battles versus undead. The first being the cheers after I used a turn undead to rid us of a super strong monster in the death bell mod. And then secondly, to use a couple of back to back binds to give me just enough time while they ripped free to grab Baron Egil's corpse back to safety.
  • The sunday morning RP as aftermath of bad choices. It was incredibly intense, and I really want to thank Zakar, Lumi, Nirrabex, Cynder, Ember, Clare, and Becket for engaging with me during it. <3
  • Once again, the Saturday morning ranging was wonderful. Walking the full of the site while there is nothing else happening is so serene, peaceful, and even though I was alone for hours doing it. It was one of my favorite bits of RPing as a ranger. (and the experiences of doing it multiple times let me absolutely crush what would have otherwise been an INSANELY difficult map to track down a puzzle)
  • Edit Add: Having someone who I have highly respected for music gush to me about how happy they were with my musical playing at the MWE festival. It really made my event to have that be appreciated.

Last edited:
Well, as an NPC I would have to say...

-Coming in as "Rok" the thug and roleplaying with Grunt and the Selunari... I forget her name. It was a great way to start the event for me. Just falling into a character and hamming it up.
-Playing the Pirate First Mate was awesome. I rarely get to play Big Baddies (even in my own chapter!) and it is always a thrill to play them. I am excited to do more of this! So much fun!
-The roleplay with the Merchant's Guild. Sitting down with everyone at the table and just, really letting the roleplay over take me. Coming up with random facts from what little I know of the in game world, and just doing my best to "make ends meat" as a lumberjack. So much fun! I love it!
-Playing the MWE who was free! And just watching everyone react to it. I enjoyed the roleplay I had with the other MWE. I didn't want it to end. I wanted to come up with a crazy story for "Glade" and just play him forever. But alas, NPCs are limited in their time on stage.
-Playing the Slave MWE who just packed a punch to the players. And then getting the compliment of "Damn dude, you got a good eye and an amazing arm! We can use you for other caster roles!" Pffft... Thousand Bones would be ashamed of me!
-Getting everyone wet... with water balloons! Such a fun adventure!
-I am sad I didn't get to witness the trial. But I did love taking everyone's pictures! Thank you for being such awesome sports about it. I know if sort of (a lot) breaks the immersion. But I like holding on to awesome memories!

Seriously, I love roleplaying with everyone in Denver. There are still some that I have yet to roleplay with. And I really want to change that. If you ever get the chance, look me up in game as one of my various NPCs or as Thousand Bones. I would be eager to see what sort of awesome stories we can tell.

Paul

So much stuff. I’m sure I’ll have to add more

• Getting to game to an already set up tent. I hate getting to site as late as I do now and work has been too hectic to leave early so it was a great surprise to get there and just have to unload the car. I’m also pleased with my decor inside. Just need to get some more lights.
  • Friday night ghost pirate fight. Pretty intense off the bat fight. I was sure we were toast a few times.
  • Watching Kendrick and the scions think about how to deal with a treasure bag situation and the mages banding together.
  • Mages guild mod! Once again super fun job Darrin!
  • Slumber party during blissful rest casting. Maybe one day I’ll learn ritual. Also some brutal questions. F$#k.
  • Hearing about the book during breakfast and trying to seduce Bel into letting me read it.
  • Going to make poor life choices in the woods. I guess maybe also go Yssenia for taking that task.
  • Setting up and hanging out with my peoples for the mystic party. Lots of flirting. Grapes!
  • Alis calling us mwes to her to discuss the information Thorn had. Walk into town and get a great split of scion/warchester to kill Ulrathi. So much anger and sass. Much murder. Sadly cynder wouldn’t let me skin them and hang it from the trees. But we got to put a warning head up. Dealing with a shady guardsman played by John S and then when he came into game and asked if I needed anything before he headed back to warchester and I ask him to take a couple freed slaves with him.
  • Kendrick proposing for renewing our handfasting (also all his teasing of other men in Lumi’s life). Another blink of an eye of hand-fasting. I wish more people had handfasted though. :(
  • Watching the plant/water fight from the comfort of hammock. Also dropping said hammock from the tree.
  • Darius’ trial. I only caught the tail end of it, but still sad. It’s so hard not to call him Baron.
  • Dinner. Yum. And Wolsey <3 such good chats.
  • Being chosen to go on ambush team. I hate waiting and as soon as I saw who John had with him to NPC I knew we’d be in trouble. We managed. Barely.
  • Coming back to town. Having just barely enough time to put on pants before a super terrible fight where all the scions are gone. As well as quite a few others. Being front of left flank with Cynder. She kicked some serious *** and lead wonderfully. She’s a great mother hen.
  • Using a lot of my magic and feeling more tapped than usual. And then watching a bunch of people search the field for the lost book.
  • Hanging out in the tavern and having wonderful talks. Alis let me know the rules. Also had a good chat with Darius and Kendrick.
  • Bowing out of fae stuff since Kendrick couldn’t make me.
  • Waking up to snakes inside and outside my tent. Note to self never let anyone you don’t know in your ward. Maybe only let those you like enough to invest in it in there. Also finding a fake snake in my purse while driving.
  • Hearing about Yssenia. Trying to go deal with the problem for it to be too late.
  • Town fight was fun. Chaotic but everyone was communicating well.
  • The reading of the book I swear it’s fiction. Thorgrim asking to have a sit down to conceal his bulge. Also just the general amusement when toadstone decided to leave.
  • The auction. I’ve never wanted an item more (except maybe AA) and I bolted up and out to Throw however much money I had to at the barony to let me wear it. Only to discover it was a ruse and Thorgrim proposed to Cynder with it. If he’d have offered Lumi that things might’ve gone differently.
All in all a wonderful event. Thanks for all the hard work and fun.

It was an interesting event for sure!
  • Watching Darius's trial and his roleplay throughout it. I thought he handled himself so well and plot gave us an amazing scene to play against. It didn't seem like them vs Darius, it really just seemed like everyone was trying to make it the best experience for everyone. Total cheers to them for that. Mac, god man, I love you..what a great day to see you go through that.
  • Lumi and Kendrick's handfasting - Whoa....so this was sort of not at my forefront of my mind going into the game. We did it last year and it was so much fun, and surprising. I wasn't sure really what to do this time, especially with my mind on Darius's trial. Anyway, I was on this mod for the Loremasters guild that Jenn was running (So much fun Jenn! More mods like that!!). Anyway we walked by the life grove and I read the blue card for it. Since I had herbal lore, I was able to take a bundle of wildflowers tag. So for the next hour I'm just sort of wandering around with various people, mug in my hand...picking wild flowers. Then I was able to present the ring Lumi gave to me last year back to her, to offer again for a year and a day. That plus a few other conversations that we had throughout the weekend really cemented our relationship on a deeper level.
  • Friday night Heart of the Sea Battle - We decided early on to go into the field if the tavern got attacked. Well..sort of screwed us I think. It was a rough fight. Surrounded, we were trying to pick the locks off many of the shackled undead while finding people blessed with the heart of the sea to kill all the undead. Moving the entire town up to the merchants guild was super difficult but our town has come a long way. We battled our way up there eventually and pushed back the tide of undead. Good risky fun fight.
  • Saturday night huntsman fight - I've been torn about this fight since the event. Rough, really rough and I felt like we lacked a lot of offensive power, but super fun to finally have resolution to the hunstman and to put him to rest.
  • RP with Zakar/Belswin (and others) - We had some great moments of role-play regarding treasure bag. I'm so glad that Nickolas was willing to play out the scene we had. Super fun seeing
  • Lightning Termites Mods - Thank you Darrin and Trace for writing/running this for me. How much fun to get some great plot out of my cabin and the lighting effects were amazing.
  • Belswin Ritual Time - Did you all see the picture on FB? So neat! Belswin, as always I appreciate everything you bring to ritual casting and what it entails.
  • Rivervale time throughout the weekend - Love you guys and gals. Nice to see most of the court out supporting Darius and what he went through. Super fun time with the drake mod with Rivervale on Sunday AM plus..the way it lead into that really amazing town fight.
  • Scion strong - I just felt a strong scion presence throughout the entire weekend. From their campsite, to on the battlefield, to facing against the players on Saturday night. Super fun time with them this weekend. Only sad part is how far I put my cabin away from their campsite.

I'm sure there were plenty of other things that were amazing but this post has been sitting open on my computer for a while now.

Mike

I was having a hard week, and wasn't super engaged this game, but that made me all the more grateful for the time I got to spend with everyone. Thanks to EVERYONE who gave Peat a cuddle, a hug, or a kiss this gather; I needed it!

* Thanks to Belswin for his help in a private matter, and also for our talk. It was so nice, and loosened a few fun pieces of November for me!
* Blissful rest slumber party was lovely!
* Thanks to the Rumerians, Kendrick, and Knox for a really nice saturday night talking in the cabin!
* Thanks to ALL of the MWEs for working so hard on the party! It was such a nice way to spend Saturday! And thank you also to everyone who hung out, that was perfect.
* As always, a million thanks to Owen for being the best plantson a father could have. What a wonderful part of every weekend that we see him!
* Wandering off towards the life grove, only to find an entire red army. Whoops.
* The absolute HIGHLIGHT of the gather was the new Baroness' storytime. Cancel your guild meetings, suspend all war councils, THIS is the new highlight of the Acarthian gather schedule.

I had a great time with the folks in NPC camp! Thanks to all of you for a delightful, if exhausting, weekend!

My favorite moments:

• High-pitched cackling in the middle of the night on Friday.
  • Watching PCs fight their way out of tough (VERY tough in some cases) situations.
  • Water Balloon Fight!
  • Getting interrogated by the Scions and friends.
  • Trying to find routes for waylay passes Sunday morning.
  • Darius sanctuary dancing between trees at me.
  • Getting to wear my fancy pirate garb as an NPC.

Fav moments:
Friday
-The first fight when they said they saw fog roll in and there was actually fog!! That was a great fight, love the creepy singing.
-Going to go get a death stone, so much undead.
-Loved all of Warchester being together again in our little tent compound.
-We have a cool sword yeah!!

Saturday
-Freeing slaves!! Warchester and scions are the best at freeing slaves.
-Bels is a tease...
-Ohh plot giving us morally hard decisions to make as mwes...
-Handfasting lumi and kendrick, they were so cute during the ceremony.
-Great RP moments with Dairus, Ember is a free spirit and does not agree that Dairus should have been punished. Darius explained why he will except what ever punishment to Ember and why Ember should not try to free him was fantastic RP. Such an emotional rollercoaster during the trial. Ember learned some valuable lessons during that trail, not many that Sir Darius would approve of though, lol.
-The life grove fight was the best hot weather fight ever!! Loved being able to be drunk, while being sprayed with healing water while killing plants while watching the forest burn....YES!!
-Sir Wolsey came to dinner!! Love the RP moments there:)
-Another yummy dinner.
-Yeah team kill sark while he was all alone!! I finally got to murder him!! Great RP moments.
-Ohh my gosh that Saturday night town battle was for real!! When they were explaining all the things coming after us, I was like well this could be a town wipe. Should be fun.
-A fae wants help... what could go wrong.... such a great mod and loved that it was their first mod they made!! So many cool ideas in that mod, so many cool effects loooved it even though ember was going crazy since she kept running out of packets.

Sunday
-Baroness Katherine Reading time!! (Can this become a Sunday morning thing?) I loved everything about that and everyone who was hearing the book being read did such great RP too. I am so happy it was found I thought it was lost.
-Thorgrims proposal to Cynder!!!

• Having that creepy pirate fight as my first ever fight as a PC and first ever night fight. Fantastically terrifying.
  • Finding a blue card that Ysennia missed.
  • Lorekeeper mod and followup treasure hunt.
  • Wandering so far from New Acarthia on said treasure hunt that I ended up on a neighboring estate, and not realizing it because their dogs looked similar from a distance.
  • Totally-not-a-necromancer on the road who wanted to be very sure that as a good citizen I didn't want anything to do with chaos magic, not even a little, yes I'm sure, I'm just going to go this way now kthxbye.
  • Trial was pretty great, even though I don't have much context for it.
  • Being not entirely useless during a few of those fights.

Alright. Here I go.

-I really liked the treasure bag issue from the pirate fight. And the resulting talk with Kendrick and the silent stares from the scions.
-Role play with Ysennia and the wolf attack that interrupted it (yay for wards).
-The loremasters guild meeting. Zakar was so very proud when the note he decoded made its way over to the Baroness of Tiatar.
-Ivanna. You were great. Zakar was happy to meet another seer, even if he didn’t take a reading.
-Back to the pirate fight, I loved feeling useful. And I actually picked some locks! Which was great!
-Seeing Templeton again.
-oh! And having the new baroness of Rivervale ask me to take off the “white” belt. “I wouldn’t call it white”, “but I am”. I was wondering how long that would take.

Friday Night
-Getting to role play with 'Roc' to find out some information by getting him drunk and doing a tarot reading for him.
-Wandering around randomly with Grunt trying to find what we got told about.

Saturday
-'Rescuing' the noble children from their overbearing mother. Some might call it kidnapping. There might have been a waylay and an amnesia elixir involved. But when your son sees you collapse and throws their arms in the air and cries out "DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!" ... You probably deserved it. ^_~ I am sad I don't know how that turned out after I left them all super intoxicated at the festival of love.
-Ivanya's conversation with the head paladin after the trial.
-Ivanya grabbing Darius's hand and getting to say and mean 'we're square' after his res.
-Watching the trial. Keeping my mouth shut wasn't as hard as I expected, until the very end. And then, I couldn't stop Ivanya.
-The trial. Listening to and watching the arguments of the town now vs how they were a few years ago when Ivanya arrived and the aftermath of the sentencing for Darius and the paladins not only acknowledging the need for change and to strive to be better then they are now, but also putting it Darius's court. Ivanya's feeling of fulfillment of a battle long fought gaining some ground was surprising and warming.
-Role playing with part of the Kansas Crew before the saturday night fight. I had a ton of fun playing getting drunk and talking fortunes with you. And apparently freaking you out. ^_^
-When Ivanya saw certain people gathering for the fight in the tavern and realized, even if she thinks she is totally useless, she rather bother with dealing with the fight then leave them to chance, even as much as she trusts them. That was a huge realization for the character who usually 'gets out of the way' during those kind of things by taking a nap somewhere else. And, Ivanya's realization of how much she has actually come to care about many of the people in the town on a more tangible level.
-Before Bed Tea Time with Alys and Nyrabex. God, I needed that so badly! And Ivanya loved it too.

Sunday
-Holy crap the role playing. All the role playing. We're usually so toasty by sunday morning we constantly drop character but this time was great you guys!
-Kendrick, Mike, our confrontations were amazing. On the second half, thank you so much for checking in out of character if everything was alright. I only on tuesday realized that some out of game issues had gotten seriously stirred up by it. Still, it was and all the out of game loves! You're awesome.
-Mac, Role Playing with Darius through out the weekend was great, but the sunday morning sit down where Ivanya got to let Darius unload on her was great. You and he may not have realized it at the time, but she learned so much about Darius in those moments where he was unguarded and unmistakably genuine. Thank you.
-Jesse and the whole NPC team of Kobalds and the Fire Drake for the role play before the fight. This was seriously my number one favorite NPC encounter of the game and ranks up there in the top ten, maybe top five of my NPC moments so far in Alliance. Thank you so much for taking the time not only to role play with me, but then making it very clear that they were keeping to their promise. I, and Ivanya, absolutely felt vindicated in the risk taken. It was probably a lot more powerful then you know. Thanks so much.

Today
-Reading through the posts and loving to see other peoples highlights. Thanks for a great weekend everyone!

Jennifer Allgood / Ivanya

Friday

-Giant Scion Circus Tent and all who were inside.
-Nirra interpreting for Grunt.
-Ghost pirate fight- Real fog and the sirens, good teamwork with Ryu and the other Scions (even if Izual is the WORST if you are paralyzed), Sandro saving my a$$… Nirra will not forget.

Saturday

-Blood Magic is Bad guys… we should have listened to Knox and not the strange witch in the woods and the trap MWE.
-Thorn! Nirra was so surprised and super grateful that the council and the Raven tribe sent such a bad *** scout.
-Warchester/Scion Ulrathi slaughter. (A special thanks to the NPC who played the orc we interrogated and then hacked up to put a head on a pike. You were such a good sport and the characters rage made it all the more fun.)
-The TENSION during Darius’s trial and the moment right after the verdict where Nirra was just waiting and hoping they were about to attack the paladins…and the letdown when they didn’t.
-Tarnakesis, everyone's new favorite pali.
-Standing as honor guard outside the healers guild while waiting for Darius to resurrect (getting teary eyed at one point) and then the conversation with him after at the MWE party.
-Darius’s Sister (Molly?) was lovely. I hope she comes back.
-Getting to explain the “grudge altar” and the other facets of MWE passion.
- Parzy shouting “F*ck you, Mom” at Nirra
-Working on my fighting (and laughing so hard at some of it I teared up)
-The Saturday night fight with Emaric! I forgot every rule and had to ask a million questions but I don’t think I have ever had so much fun during a fight and I loved having such clear communication with person I’m backpacking. We had a couple of close calls and the fight was really intense. Best fight since “Ghouls for days” on the balcony last season, IMO.
-Tea and conversation at Ravens Rest
-“Kip-curious” and late night chat at Kendricks.

Sunday

- The genuine worry when Yssenia showed Nirra her writing and the MWE conversation thereafter.
-Laughing so hard I was in tears (again) with Alis, Parzy, Arikaya. “It’s really more of a food.”
-Thorgrim’s proposal to Cynder… I’m not crying, you're crying!
-Thorgrim covering himself with his shield and saying “That’s so wierd, I have had this EXACT dream like three times!” after the smut reading (thank you Baroness).

Last edited:
I am a Words of Affirmation person, so I am incapable of making this brief. Bear with me, please!

Ancient Mariner Fight
  • Using my high perception score to note the unusual fog on the field, and hear the distance Ancient Mariners sound effects heralding the start of that fight; I LOVE getting to make Perception rolls!
  • Hearing Thorgrim reveal the details of the Ancient Mariners, my storyline, and how to fight them -- with that little bit of joy for me as a writer when PCs remember details and make use of them in future encounters. As we say on Team Daedalus, "Everyone loves a callback!" Great job with the details, Thorgrim!
  • Reuniting with Belswin as even part of Beholder Squad for the Ancient Mariner fight; it's always such a comfort to work with a professional! No... seriously. Not having to worry about my back, my battle buddy, me getting lost or me causing extra confusion was such a pleasure! Thank you, Bel - always.
  • Having the unknown element of first-time PC, Markov, join our squad for that fight -- I love the discovery of previously undiscovered professionalism! He had the good intincts to check-in, and check-out in battle (skills that seem so unreasonably difficult to teach!). He listened to orders, kept himself safe, shouted out with valuable information, and did great. Markov, there's a spot for you on Katherine's squad anytime! Great work!
  • Experiencing PC frustrations with weird monster briefings, conflicting information, and battlefield confusion and taking mental note for when I go back to my "other team." I always appreciate a lesson learned!
Rivervale
  • Rivervale-literally everything... Just reuniting with my team was THE BEST in every minute detail!
  • Darius. So much to unpack there... can I say that some moments were "favorites" when they were terrible in their own way, if impactful, memorable, and therefore of course great roleplay? Oh, the heartwrenching over-attention, to "Your Excellency"ing me to hell and back after the trial.
  • Private moments of candid discussion with Brooke Blaine about the trial
  • When Diana delivered to Belswin the baronial coronet that Jesse made me, "just in case," and Bel had to bring it to Katherine prior to the trial... and we both just broke down sobbing, privately back in our camp. SO MANY good Belswin moments... That oath!
  • Vandathron! Our discussion on Saturday morning about why Van wanted to join Rivervale, parts of his character history leading him to our doorstep. His multiple oaths. His sweet request to swear fealty to Darius as potentially the Baron's last act before he might step away from title. The unswearing, the reswearing. I'm so happy to have you on our team, Ryan!
  • Panax: Both our private discussion, and some tears while Darius was resurrecting... Panax trying to describe what set him off, and why it was so sad was so classic Panax. I just love your portrayal of this beautiful, innocent character! And your release from the oath of fealty to Darius. I think your words and the action of kissing the feet of the departing Baron will stand among my favorite moments of the entire Acarthia campaign for many years to come. That was a privilege just to witness that roleplay. Thank you, Chris. <3
  • Squire Aikoll, so together, and grown-up, and handling her **** like a pro! I know not getting to be front line in the Huntsman fight was was so rough (among the other 20,000 rough steps this weekend), but you did your duty, and held everything together like a shining example of leadership and strength. I'm so proud of you!
  • "The Paladin and the Pirate" shining down like Statler and Waldorf from up in the baronial loft -- It was delightful to make an excuse for some friendly time between Katherine and Roberts, who never got off to a good start in-character in years past.
  • Banks explaining to Katherine some economics in game play in terms that a non-treasure-oriented player can really understand. I am so appreciative of everything you do for this team, Banks/John!
  • Getting to talk to Connor about his future leadership, and stewardship of Watson's Ferry, incorporating this rich offstage world that we share and have built together. I loved getting to have that talk about the future of your squirehood and where it's going, very personally.
  • I didn't get as much time with Kendrick as I wanted, and we all need to bridge that distance between cabin and RV to remedy that, but the few moments were good in the talk to ask him to grow up fast out of squirehood and into knighthood, and even the post-battle frenzied talk of planning on Saturday night. It was a tense moment, but I thought we both handled it well, and came out of that okay when in the past... eh... maybe a similar moment between those characters might not have ended so smoothly! We're learning! I loved getting the chance to tell Kendrick IC how much I genuinely admire his willingness to take whatever action is necessary to make a situation smoother and easier; he's really good at that. I saw a lot of it in action during these transitional events, and you can imagine how much I appreciate that assistance in leadership!
Other Moments
  • Molly Oakoath's return, and predictable outburst at the start of the trial! Wouldn't have been the same without it!
  • Witnessesing Aneira's elegance, erudition, and general ****-togetherness. It was lovely to watch this character over her 5 year journey so far, and see how much she's emerged from the rabble-rousing Bayside street rat into the statusque bastion of class and Order that she is now. :)
  • The bowing and Your Excellencying... I've played a Baroness and Duchess in other LARPs, over a course of years. As a player, I am used to this routine of watching for people bowing. And yet I was so in-character that I was able to experience this as if new, and dizzying, confusing, and the feeling of being unsure. It was roleplayed inner monologue that it was difficult for me to share through expressive acting, but it made me feel more immersed in character, and added positively to my experience this weekend, if weirdly.
  • Cynder was the first to randomly bow in front of Katherine as Baroness, and it's a moment impressed visually in my memory, not easily forgotten.
  • And then Belswin was the first to be a great pain in the *** about it - glad it was a friend! (Now quit it!)
  • Sir Thad Blaine of the Bayside Blaines... a Bayside Blaine! Imagine! Getting to shout him down in Ducal Court over perceived insult to the Crown Prince!
  • Old Families time at dinner with a Tiberion, Blaine, Moorefield, Bloodworth, Albright... and the random Wolsey in contrast ;)
  • Yssenia and Markov checking back in on a surprising story discovery, and incomplete plotting about that - again, it's always nice to work with professionals. :)
  • Story Time With The Baroness... It was great to find an occassion to steer toward display of Kate's freer aspects as a character. The character doesn't get drunk IG, and is prevented by a bunch of other fun time activities because of white belt duty, so it's hard to display these characteristics, and that was a fun opportunity that I enjoyed richly. Thanks to everyone who contributed, most especially to Bella Donna... whoever you are! :)
  • (Sorry, there's more, I keep remembering stuff...) Scions standing so resolutely, with such class and grace, guarding Darius' resurrection. Their faces, body language, and the mere offer were powerful beyond my ability easily to thank... succinctly, anyway!
Steering Request
I was really moved by Seth's steering request about Echo recently, and I'd like to open the same invitation to everyone for Katherine. As I complete my term with Team Daedalus in 2018, I will be more Plot than PC, although I hope to take a break to appear as Katherine at least once at each upcoming weekend event. Transitioning from the brian of a plot writer to a PC will be challenging for each of us on the team -- As NPCs, we're always thinking of how best to move the story forward, how best to involve and entertain everyone around us. PCs are supposed to have more single-minded focus, if also with a nod to inclusiveness. The basic transition will be tough -- I appreciate opportunities for rich conversation to re-examine who my character is, and the relationships she has with other PCs. If you can throw me a bone for some conversation directed my way, I sure appreciate it!

Also, Katherine Albright got painted early as the Fun Police, and that is a job that super sucks. It sucks being the Fun Police, it sucks having the Fun Police around. I'd like to redefne my character after this long break from playing her. I don't know what help looks like there, but I welcome it. If nothing else, much like with Seth's invitation with Echo, I hope you might be willing to give our in-character relationship a fresh start, and see where we can take that now.

Thank you, everyone, for the continuing privlege of getting to create and share this hobby with all y'all!

Good work, sleep tight, I'll most likely kill you in August,
Love,
Trace

Last edited:
I was just very thankful to be invited back by so many lovely people. Very upstanding role play and interesting new personalities for me to meet. It is wonderful that the game has grown and so many diverse people play.

Obviously, the trial was the moment. Ah, to see the Golden One perhaps not so golden....but who are we kidding, probably still Momma’s favorite. And even when being “bad”, he was being ridiculously good. Sigh.

Honestly, I was just so glad to see so many people from years ago that I remember taking the leap with when this all started. Love to you all.

Back