POSTED: Bounty and Reward Opportunity!

I never claimed to know you, elf. I never claimed that you have not suffered. I was asking that you stop marginalizing my whole people. Discrimination is ugly on you friend. I don't really think you have that hate in your heart

-James the inconceivable of Harbors Far

(OOG: i keep forgetting to sign my posts)

if I seem to be transmitting the hostility I have towards the people who took my children from me, I apologize. I do not dislike you gandian ravenscroft or most any elf.

-James the inconceivable of Harbors Far

Fynwei said:
By the laws of Gaden, these are the sentient races: Human, Barbarian, Gypsies, High Orcs, High Ogres, Biata, Stone Elves, Sarr, Wylderkyn, Hoblings, Dryads, Dark Elves, and Mystic Wood Elves. Murder is described as the unprovoked taking of sentient life to the causing of a resurrection, the lesser charge of attempted Murder is included and used when the intended victim is restored to health via a life spell and punishable by a single death and a period of enforced service. The death of a kobold is treated legally along the lines of thinning the population of deer, a necessity in populated areas. I believe that owning a Sarr Pelt would legally fall at most under Assault, Kidnapping, Murder, Theft and Smuggling; thus the total "going rate" would be 2 deaths, forced service (three counts towards), seizure of the pelt, reparations to victim (or victim's family) of twice the value, plus 25 gold to the crown. The fact that the pelt existed would require the Sarr to be permenantly dead, thus the 2 deaths could be increased to an obliterate.

Lady Sibhoan Grey

Really?... possesion alone can give you sufficient evidence that there was murder? WOW! Here I figured some people died naturally everyonce in a while. Not to say its not gross and shouldn't be a crime, mutilation of a dead body if I recall. Factually, however, possesion of such is not a logical conclusion that one has committed murder. I actually have , in my shop, a curio carved from a human knuckle bone thats appraised as an antiquity... is that illegal to possess? I was made certain it wasnt. What about ground Orc Tusk?, its an aphrodisiac by the way, not that I need it but some of my customers down south... I mean, If it can't be proven that it wasn't taken from a High Orc is it murder automatically? I certainly didnt know these things could be considered murder.... items of "humanoid" origin have been historic relics for centuries and traded by nobilty, merchants, and our Wilder counterparts since before my family had its name. I could see the trafficking in unregistered goods of such fare being illegal, I agree the person who mutilates permanently dead body's of protected races for their spoils probably needs an evaluation by a skilled earth caster and is most likely breaking the law... but is it murder? Not really... I for one don't intend on prosecuting possesion of such as murder. That is, unless their is a plaintiff, or sufficient evidence to point in which case we can have ourselves a good ole fashioned execution howdown. I could also see, If I start wearing Quetz skin as a sleeping bag, I'll definatly arrest, try, and excute myself a couple of times and prolly toss myself a banishment on top just for being a sick hobling puppy. Not that I don't have my issues...but even I'm not that far gone.

Unless of course Lady Gray you want me to sit Hengin and all his kin down and find the nature of each patch of fur on their person and bone in their huts. Of course that might be a great use for my time since theres virtually no crime around here and I'm about ready to open the Hope's Reach Vacation Resort and Spa.

D'rezz,

Certainly no one of us wants War with your kin and any individual whose actions defy my words are welcome to be the Dragon's next meal free of charge. I'd suggest you not attack that person lest I need to arrest you. On a personal note, I'd be more worried the big nasty would eat you.... trust me, dragons can handle themselves and we should not meddle in their affairs something about crunchy and going well with hot sauce. :p

I miss ya man

Sheriff Woods

This is all way out of hand. A perfect time in my mind for debate. If that is too toilsome then I apologize. Don't wanna wear you out before you get to murdering Kobolds.

-Lok of Harbors Far, Captain

AllianceCHI said:
D'rezz,

Certainly no one of us wants War with your kin and any individual whose actions defy my words are welcome to be the Dragon's next meal free of charge. I'd suggest you not attack that person lest I need to arrest you. On a personal note, I'd be more worried the big nasty would eat you.... trust me, dragons can handle themselves and we should not meddle in their affairs something about crunchy and going well with hot sauce. :p

Sheriff Woods

I suppose I see your point, it was irrational of me to force a severe statement like that. The last thing I intend to do is break your laws.

*Hmpf*! Young'uns always rushing off to judgment, thundering debates, hollering matches, hub bub and thumb wrestling! Why is it those with short lives have impetuous impatience?!?

All that wasted energy & emotion could be directed to things of far more industrious purpose. Ah, but I might as well be wasting my breath, rather than my dream time. Now if McGregor could only invent some dream ale...

- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Master Blacksmith

Good sir I thank you much for extending some knowledge. You are absolutely right that our time and effort could go to something much more industrious and fruitful.

-Lok of Harbors Far, Captain

Why is it dhat I come back from visit tah Wayside, where evradhing SO wrong onla tah dream mo of dhis rabble. Ok time fo Hengin tah talk an ya tah mind.

Tah set some dhings straight, McGregor am be a respect'd tave'n man an' fighta, but he get a litta hot head'd somedhime. Dha bounty not be supported by dha Guadian Council, dhis be final. We not met on dhis, an' it be to big tah 'ave one memba speak as all. I dhink McGrega know dhis, but just how he am say it come cross like dha Council be fund'n it, an dhat not true.

Bout dha Kobald. I not care if ya dhink, oh know dhat dhey be peace lovin. It dha fact dhat we in a war, mo dhen dhat we be in a vice, corrupt be round us in many ways, an dha onla reason we be here is tah keep dha few stubborn, brave, foolhardy, an passion't farma an townfolk alive...sure we am made progress, but noone know how much dhat effect, an it am be down right dangerious tah invite a large group o creature inta dhis place. Not jus' fo dha farma, but fo dhem too. Tension be high, an it am onla be one arrow away from explodin' inta choas between dha group o folk dhat live here...tah bring mo inta dha mix just dangerious if not mana dhing t'ought ova bout it.

LISTEN TAH MAN WORDS! I not care if ya from dha otha sida dha mist, o if ya mah kin, I woulda told ya dha same dhing. Dont read dhis whit argument alreada on ya tongue, hear dhese word with reason'n in ya mind, you am need tah have a strong mind when dhink'n bout dhese dhings.

McGrega jus' tryin tah protect both group in him own way...farma stay safe, an dha Kobald leave afta a while...but dha reason'n be right...tah protect both.

Captain Lok of Harbor Far, I be lik'n tah invite ya tah am present ya ideas bout dhis to dha Guardian Council of Hope Reach dhis com'n gatha on dha fifteenth moon of dhis month. I no ya jus' tryin tah help dhese lan' dhat ya be in, an I know ya jus' tryin tah 'elp dhese Kobald...but it be a potent alchemy brew dhat ya might be mak'n an' I wanta talk mo bout it in person. Till dhen I hope ya undastand where we, an I, come'n from in dhis.

Gandian, dhe jus' has strange sensa humor I dhink, specially dhat inconcei....James....guy. Most what dhey say be in jest I dhink, o said tah try an am get a rise outa ya, cool ya blood....last dhink ya want is meh call'n ya a kid, when ya be olda dhem mah fatha fatha.

Sherriff, I dhink dha Lady Grey spoke in dha sense dhat dha pelt be am gotten fo a bounty, which seem tah lead meh tah assume murder. Dhat jus' what I dhink, but if not I do has many many bones an furs...I dhink ya gunna need a few of ya kin tah 'elp whit dha count'n an dhings.

Dhat all,
Hengin
Guardian of Hopes Reach

Hengin,
Thank you for your understanding yet direct words. It is refreshing to to hear someone of influence understands our intentions. I look forward to speaking with the council on the 15th moon of this month.
-Lok of Harbors Far, Captain.

a most interesting opinion... as for myslf i have no real problems with kobolds unless they attack me or those i travel with,so as far as this bounty goes i don't think its a good idea unless a group of them is causing SERIOUS problems!

Iganeous Ironforge

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Dr_Chill said:
I take offense that a bunch of mist walkers, that have very little knowledge of my home, have decided to instigate trouble where I live. When I visit other lands, I respect the laws of their land and do not seek to cause or increase conflict with those that call those lands their home by outright slander, veiled threats, nor any other actions.
I fully agree with you on this matter, McGregor.

I cannot help but notice that it is the people of Harbors Far starting debate and toil again, yet I believe that not one of you has set foot in Hope's Reach. I find advice on the topic of Hope's Reach's safety and efforts against the Corrupt given from someone who has not experienced the true struggle that is the Corrupt little worth listening to at all. You speak of "making peace" and even "imagine yourself as a Kobold", even though you have little idea what we are dealing with. Let those of us who know our land and our troubles deal with our troubles for now, and once you experience them firsthand and smarten up a bit, then I might be willing to listen to your input a little more.

The fact of the matter is this: Conditions in Hope's Reach are not great. In these times of strife, it is everyone's best interest to listen to and obey the Guardians of Hope's Reach, not squabble over their every word and make yourself heard above them. If you cannot contend with this, then I suggest you leave Gaden, or at least the Hope's Reach area.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Merchant of Gaden

you also speak of what you dont know Gandian, for not all of harbors far are "mistwalkers" i lived in gaden my whole life
before joining

~deoman, new recruit of harbors far

deoman said:
Gandian Ravenscroft said:
I fully agree with you on this matter, McGregor.

I cannot help but notice that it is the people of Harbors Far starting debate and toil again, yet I believe that not one of you has set foot in Hope's Reach. I find advice on the topic of Hope's Reach's safety and efforts against the Corrupt given from someone who has not experienced the true struggle that is the Corrupt little worth listening to at all. You speak of "making peace" and even "imagine yourself as a Kobold", even though you have little idea what we are dealing with. Let those of us who know our land and our troubles deal with our troubles for now, and once you experience them firsthand and smarten up a bit, then I might be willing to listen to your input a little more.

The fact of the matter is this: Conditions in Hope's Reach are not great. In these times of strife, it is everyone's best interest to listen to and obey the Guardians of Hope's Reach, not squabble over their every word and make yourself heard above them. If you cannot contend with this, then I suggest you leave Gaden, or at least the Hope's Reach area.

~ Gandian Ravenscroft
Merchant of Gaden

you also speak of what you dont know Gandian, for not all of harbors far are "mistwalkers" i lived in gaden my whole life
before joining

Considering I am still attempting to cease the issues that Harbors Far, my answer may seem a bit tart, but that cannot be helped for now. I may be wrong (though I have a feeling in my ears that I'm not), but Harbors Far is first and foremost a place, not an organization. I call those who have traveled the mist from the land of Harbors Far mistwalkers, not merely those from Gaden who wish to join their adventuring band (which they have named after their land). So in short, it is not those who affiliate with the people from Harbors Far and then go under the name of Harbors Far, it is those people actually from Harbors Far. Also note that Mistwalker is by no means a derogatory term (though some might use it as such).

~ Gandian Ravenscroft

you are absolutely correct master elf. harbors far is a place first.
-Lok of Harbors Far

well then, im sorry for speaking too quickly gandian
however, i would like to point out that while harbors far is first a place, the harbors far you are currently dealing with is not the place but the organization
also, Lok, i appologize for stirring this up

Hail Friends thru the Mist,

My name is Bane. I am from valdanis which is thru the mists far from your home realm. I had the pleasure of fighting with Durl this past marketday, who helped me with a problem in my home lands. Seeing your issue here and having dealt with a very similar problem here in my homelands I figured i would offer you some friendly advice. this is by no means suppost to upset or cause farther arguement.

While Kobolds can be very irritating and hostile at times, they can also be an asset if approached the right way. If i were in your boots, iwould not place a bounty on them unless they are truly a menace to your lands, you don't want another enemy to deal with if you have bigger problems. trust me you may think kobolds are sstupid and they can be but they can be very crafty as well. We have had kobolds throwing alchemicaly gasses of death which is not fun when trying to defend against hordes of undead and other things. How did we solve this problem well we began to be friend the kobolds and eventually with some tact and diplomacy were able to put them to work and then send them on there merry way. Now not all kobolds will be friendly but if you put some effort forward and not just slaughter them when you see them, you might actually make yourself a pretty useful ally. Kobold are over looked alot and can have valuable information and extremely cheap labor....most i have come acrossed want shinys or some food....throw excuse my use but a dog a bone and you can teach it some new tricks.

Now if the they are continuely harrassing and attacking you may have a bigger problem then just the kobolds, they could be enslaved or working for someone else or what not. Figure out the source and deal with that then see if it helps with the kobold menance. If not then by all means do what must be done. But again from my experience kobolds are normally pretty harmless.

If you need help dealing with these little creatures talk to Lady Ahlana from my lands for she did wonders with our problems here. Between the both of us we may beable to offer helpful advice... Sounds to me like these kobolds in your lands are jusst trying to survive like the rest of you. Use this...offer protection, or even help like we did and you may have a small army to help with bigger problems.

I hope you find this useful,

Lord Kasmir Silverbane-Sudicar
Clan of None and Clan to all - Clan Chimera

Hello Lord Bane,

I'm sure I speak for many when I say we welcome advice on dealing with these critters and wether or not I agree with the advice or it works or fails any help is apreciated wether foreign or local.

I am curious though, who in the world is Durl?

Far be it of me to turn down free advise but I doubt any of us have ever seen him adventure around here. Are you sure you have the right lands?

Fern Woods
Sheriff of Hopes Reach

Perhaps I got his home lands wrong. Either way i stumbled upon your dilema, and offered my advice. I hope to travel the mists to your lands sometime and offer my services. Until then take care.

Bane

PS Durl was a turtle scavy.

As announced during the town hall meeting, this bounty has been cancelled.

Regards,

McGregor

Wait a minute, what about those of us that already have ears but haven't made it to the tavern yet? You can't just flat out cancel a bounty with no warning!

- Kevin Holtz, Proud member of the Hopes Reach Militia

Kevin,

I will honor all pending bounties, however, as it was declared at the town hall meeting, the bounty I issued is cancelled pending further review.

Be it known that any further acts against kobolds or acts committed by kobolds will be adjudicated according to the laws of the Crown of Gaden. If you are upset about this, then you should have voiced your opinion at the town hall meeting.

Regards,

McGregor

Back