Potential "Ironman" Events this winter

Lurin

Duke
Ironman Games are defined in SoMN as games held in times where the weather might be a bit harsher/colder then our usual events. (Thus only the tough guys (and gals! but we still call them tough guys) come out to play).

Each Ironman Game is a single Day event, and would be likely be held at our Jordan site, With a heated building with power for warm food to be served. These events will take place at differnt locations in the Game world outside of Fort Miller, these IG locations have not yet been determined.

Each Ironman game is $15 with our usual $5 discount for preregging (Npcs are currently planned to be a flat $5) Plus $5 per vehicle for parking (if you have a Minnesota Park pass, parking is free). Pay No plays will be offered at $10 (the prereg price) as usual.

Currently we are eyeing the following potential Dates.

December 5th
February 13th or 20th.

What we would love is some feedback, would you come to an ironman event? What would you like to see, what points of interest in the game world might you be interested in?

I am always up for a potential Iron Man (Gal!) event! I love them, because there not to spendy, and they keep the Alliance fun rolling throughout the whole winter!

As for idea's on potential game world places that we could go to...do you want those in this post or in a pm?

Kevar said:
As for idea's on potential game world places that we could go to...do you want those in this post or in a pm?

yes

Unfortunately we won't be having an additional November date, as our October event is the 30th - Nov 1st, and with Thanksgiving we do not want to overlap with some near-by chapters that already have scheduled events.

I'm definitely game for a winter event! Was wondering what I was going to do during the cold months...

An event around the area of the Valley of Solace, and the Anvil would be cool...kinda like a forward assault towards Pretorak! :) Thats my idea haha, maybe thats because I (Hengin) wants to get to Pretorak really bad :)

I would love to go to some winter events. If I have money (which, the way my parents are going, will never happen, so I won't be able to afford my apartment let alone afford going to Alliance soon enough. Q Q) I needs must make a cloak or something, but if I get money, I'll definitely tag along. Winter-walking dryad...quelle scandale!

It sounds pretty awesome and I'd probably do it (Maybe after getting myself another layer of outfit), but it also depends on what I'm doing in real life. But then again, regardless of the date you choose, it's not for a while, so I don't have to worry about that quite yet quite yet.

I'll do it, all depends if Jack is going. I have no license so he's my ride. ._.

I've loved winter events ever since the days of -30 windchills at Kzoo, but wouldn't really travel up there for just a one day. :D

Only -30? Way up here we usually get -50 for weeks at a time. We still have everything running normal too.

Trust me I want to push for a weekend winter event, but I think the sites would have to be set aside earlier and other logistics issues...but I am nagging Dave for one all the time :) It would just ROCK!

Weekend winter events are a possibility in the future, unfortunately Weekend events have a much much higher 'threshold' to break even on the cost of hosting. Part of the goal of Ironman events is to help diffuse the pain of the looming insurance payment (which comes in one big lump yearly).

Me being new I was a little disappointed when I saw the only dates this year were Sept. and Oct. Now that I read this idea.......though winter is cold, I used to work outside removing snow all winter long so it shouldn't be a problem. I would suggest keeping tabs on the set date and the weather itself, I speak from experience when I say you do not want to go out in a blizzard.

Alas due to peoples planning needs, we always try to set games up at least a month in advance (as many of us have to take time off/juggle schedules etc.) That being said, we played in a blizzard in 2007 and it was a crazy event.

Back