Potion Holders

Dr_Chill

Fighter
I have seen many people use these sleeves/bracers that hold potions for easy access. I've tried looking at rifle cartridge holders but have been unable to find anything suitable.

Does anyone have any recommendations for easy-access to their potion reps?

-Ryan

Obviously it depends on the outside dimensions of your potion reps. I have found that really the nylon bandolier style rifle and shotgun shell belts work well and are pretty inexpensive. These can also be cut up an sewn onto or into other pieces of costuming to add to versatility (like placing a section under the flap of a pouch or actually sewing to the inside of the pouch itself to assist in organization). I personally don't find the sleeve style all that helpful since my forearms do not accommodate their size. These are intended to fit snugly around the butt stock of a gun so the end up being pretty darn tight on the even a medium sized persons arm.

I bought some elastic at Jo-Ann, and sewed it to the back of my belt thing before I added the furs. I've seen a similar thing done on the back of shields, which is what inspired me. Here's a back view of my belt: http://pages.uoregon.edu/jhasting/belt.jpg

we sue the "standard" potions.....they fit very snug and dont fall out....we have had no problems with the belt, we have used it for years.

You guys are going to have a problem as I think you are each using the phrase "standard potion" to mean two different things.

Octaine means something like this:
0700-01.jpg

Whereas you are probably talking about something more along these lines... though perhaps a little less "festive":
wedding-favors-bubbles.jpg

Correct, the potion vial most commonly used by us is the second one above with the pink ribbon.

LOL.

You keep them that way?

Only the death potions :D

The ones I usually use don't have any ribbons, but have a circle at the top for a ribbon (which makes it easy to pull the top on and off to get the tag out).

Any suggestions for holders for these types?

Your best bet is probably doing it yourself.

Either sewn on a belt or a shield as has been suggested.

Those are about the same size/shape, but I really like the bubble tubes because it makes extracting the tag dirt simple. With the one you just listed, you have to fish them our or wrap them around the cap or other silliness.

Still, to date, the best potion rep I've seen was Markus Dark's straw-pipe. It seems Burger King straws fit the exact ounce measurement for Potions, he wrapped the tags around a Q-tip, stuffed it into tube and voila, instant rep. I think he finally wrapped a whole bunch together in a pipe, coated the entire thing with brown crinkly paper and told people it was a Healing Branch from an Ancient Ent.

Ryan, the shotgun belt is too big for the bubble tube reps. My belt is for shotgun shells and I lose a couple reps each game. I have another belt for a different kind of bullet that holds them much snugger

Davion said:
I have another belt for a different kind of bullet that holds them much snugger

I think that's a rifle ammo belt.

Ryan, perhaps you could sew (or attach) the elastic rifle ammo holders for gun butts to an item of clothing? I know it's been done to the backs of gloves, so the fabric seems to lend itself well to that task. Just a thought anyhow.

almost all the PCs in the SF chapter use viles that are the bubble shape and size only the staff use and hand out viles that are bigger and one or 2 players that have a 6 or less more rustic looking viles more for costuming them mass use.

we have players who carry a round pouches of them loss all labeled
some have them set up to be on there belt
some have sashes full of them like you would see in steem punk
some have bracers
others key pockets
some tie them in to necklaces
one person keeps them tucked in there hat

it realty depends an your costuming and use of them are you the cure all potions stockpile puling out a potions of every type depending on whats needed... a sash might be best for you...

are you a boom caster who's only potions remove silence and a couple of potions tucked in a hat bracers or on a necklaces is all you needed?

are you a stand a lone fighter who likes to go off with out a healer and keeps some big healing potions on your hip wrist or other encase you run in to tribal.

are you the i don't want to be down in a fight type where you have one or more healing potions in easy assess locations visible and known to your friends encase the healers cant get to you or you are the healer and would rather them use the potions Velcro to your chest then first aid you and have to lay there for 10 mins...

its really a choice of what works for you and then making it work.

i persistently use a lot of the methods at the same time. i allays or most allays have a remove silence potions slipped in to my bra...

a full heal for my HP pool potions on my chest attached to a shoulder bag strap

and 2 pouches of loos potions 1 containing all cure lights the other handy with labeled curatives

i also keep a small book lined with elastic loops on the inside stocked with the rear potions it tucks in to my bag easy and if i ever have to pull it out i know we are screwed.

but i play a healer who rather get cot face down in the mud then unable to fix some one.

Mobius said:
Those are about the same size/shape, but I really like the bubble tubes because it makes extracting the tag dirt simple. With the one you just listed, you have to fish them our or wrap them around the cap or other silliness.

Still, to date, the best potion rep I've seen was Markus Dark's straw-pipe. It seems Burger King straws fit the exact ounce measurement for Potions, he wrapped the tags around a Q-tip, stuffed it into tube and voila, instant rep. I think he finally wrapped a whole bunch together in a pipe, coated the entire thing with brown crinkly paper and told people it was a Healing Branch from an Ancient Ent.

I'd like to see a picture of that.

I am a few posts late but Justin is correct.

Should also probably be noted that the bubble tubes are typically either .18 or .2 oz. Neither version satisfies the .25 oz requirement for potion reps.

However, while it seems most chapters do allow them anyhow, contact your chapter first.

Back