Prerelease packet questions

Perfect Riposte kind of suggests that you could use it while not wielding the weapon. I doubt that's the intent. Might just want to clarify that. Most of the other rituals mention the wielder.

There's a note about Mental Powers now being based on XP spent rather than ranks taken. But it doesn't mention what the XP rate is per mental power level.
Also: Inconsistent naming, I see Mental Powers and Mental Abilities used in different places.

This is awesome.

one question for clarification in the 2.0 Item-Scroll-Production Helper.xlsx

Permanent Duration:
Difficulty 7 to 31 ( possible needing to have 32 as max) as
in the rit shows 7,11,16,23,32 for a +4,+5,+7,+9

Fixed in the base sheet - the top level in the difficulty breakdown was incorrect; it should be 31 just like the current scroll.

To clarify, is this intended to fill a Spell Store without expending spells in memory? That's how I'm reading it, but the text should probably be specific.

Yes. Spells in memory are not needed, just the High Magic (and a spellbook with the spells, as per the description).

Typo: Foundation/Magisterium Strike are listed as F/M Blow in the skill table. Given what they do, gonna say Strike is the right version.

Correct; Strike is the name of the game for these. I'll fix this in the table in the next packet rev.

Perfect Riposte kind of suggests that you could use it while not wielding the weapon. I doubt that's the intent. Might just want to clarify that. Most of the other rituals mention the wielder.

Clarified in the base Ritual text, thanks!

There's a note about Mental Powers now being based on XP spent rather than ranks taken. But it doesn't mention what the XP rate is per mental power level.
Also: Inconsistent naming, I see Mental Powers and Mental Abilities used in different places.

They'll be consistently referred to in the next packet, thanks! I'll also add a table as to what powers are unlocked at what XP level.

Should Spirit Recall in the new ritual database have explicit language that it's until used/ever? Also should the duration be times ever?

In the new ritual sheet, Render Indestructible's description is "REMOVED", but Render Indestructible Improved is still around. Is this as intended?

If so, could we just knock the Improved off since it's the only one?

Who do we go to in order to exchange lco and restricted Magic Items from a chapter that no longer exists?

Restricted items from chapters that no longer exist can be reprinted/modified to fit 2.0 through your home chapter.

As per bylaws LCO items from chapters that are no longer around become void. Some owners have mentioned they may allow these LCO items to be recreated in their chapter. Feel free to talk to your chapter about these items especially if they allow out of chapter LCO items.

Rules text quotes Higher Manifestation as 3 High Magic points, while the chart quotes 4. Which is accurate?

Also, do the armor points added by Celestial Armor require an equivalent purchase of Wear Extra Armor to use, if one is already wearing their class maximum?

Also, do the armor points added by Celestial Armor require an equivalent purchase of Wear Extra Armor to use, if one is already wearing their class maximum?
No. Page 33 " Celestial Armor now similarly grants 2 maximum Armor Points per purchase (for a maximum of 10 bonus points), which add to the user’s currently used Armor (no matter its source) and may go above their normal maximum."

Typo?
Page 37 and 38, under Life Leech.
"This Ritual may be used in conjunction with an Eviscerate or Terminate delivered via the Weapon qualifier. In".

Terminate, should be removed I think. I don't know what should go in its place?

fyi Typo, Page 39

"Raging Strike (General, Item [Weapon], Daily) - Raging Blow allows the user to, once per Logistics period per charge, add the Strike keyword to a single numeric weapon swing. This may be used in conjunction with skills or other rituals."

It says raging blow in the description.

I'll let someone else in the community tackle a tool for this :). The math is straightforward: 1 and 2/3 Logistics periods per month or part of month remaining at time of switch over (targeting June 1), rounding up. If your item expires anytime in July 2019, it would convert with 2 Logistics Periods remaining. If your item expires anytime in June 2020, it would convert with 20 Logistics Periods remaining - conveniently enough, exactly as much as a 1-year Ritual is converting to in the new system.

Assuming you have the expiration date of your item in cell "A1"

=ROUNDUP((DATEDIF("06/01/2019", A1, "M"))*1.6666)

Last edited:
Back