Prerelease packet questions

Can you mettle the new effect with solidify? I'm guessing so since it's a 5 sec duration?

Spellcrafting note for Magic Imbuement. The incant is " MAGIC TO CRAFT THE MAGIC STRIKE Ritual."}" data-sheets-userformat="{"2":2111744,"11":0,"14":[null,2,0],"15":"Calibri","16":11,"24":[null,0,3,0,3]}" data-sheets-formula="=IF(VLOOKUP(R[-26]C[0],Rit_Values,18,0)<>"No",VLOOKUP(R[-26]C[0],Rit_Values,23,0),"")">I CALL UPON THE POWER OF <aspect> MAGIC TO CRAFT THE MAGIC STRIKE Ritual."

I believe it should say Magic Imbuement Ritual instead. Maybe check all of the renamed rits for spellcrafting updates?

I suspect the charts didn't change, but since the xp chart for every other skill is listed in the packet, I really think the packet should also list the xp costs for spell slots.

-MS

In the new ritual sheet, Render Indestructible's description is "REMOVED", but Render Indestructible Improved is still around. Is this as intended?

If so, could we just knock the Improved off since it's the only one?

We left the "Improved" on on purpose. A 1-year Per Day item is automatically "Rendered Indestructible"; the "Improved" Ritual name helps differentiate that from plain old Rendered items via other Rituals.

Rules text quotes Higher Manifestation as 3 High Magic points, while the chart quotes 4. Which is accurate?

Higher Manifestation should be 4 High Magic points, and I'll correct that in the next packet revision that fixes typos.

Can you mettle the new effect with solidify? I'm guessing so since it's a 5 sec duration?

Yep. You can suck 5 minutes off any effect, including short-term ones like Disarm or Solidify.

If you *really* want to suck 5 minutes off of a Light spell that someone throws at you, I guess you could, too. Good luck tracking that across a 5 day effect :D

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Spellcrafting note for Magic Imbuement. The incant is " MAGIC TO CRAFT THE MAGIC STRIKE Ritual."}" data-sheets-userformat="{"2":2111744,"11":0,"14":[null,2,0],"15":"Calibri","16":11,"24":[null,0,3,0,3]}" data-sheets-formula="=IF(VLOOKUP(R[-26]C[0],Rit_Values,18,0)<>"No",VLOOKUP(R[-26]C[0],Rit_Values,23,0),"")">I CALL UPON THE POWER OF <aspect> MAGIC TO CRAFT THE MAGIC STRIKE Ritual."

I believe it should say Magic Imbuement Ritual instead. Maybe check all of the renamed rits for spellcrafting updates?

Yeah, all the Spellcrafting incants need to be gone over. I'll try to do that in the next week or so. Thanks!

I suspect the charts didn't change, but since the xp chart for every other skill is listed in the packet, I really think the packet should also list the xp costs for spell slots.

-MS

There is a specific line in there of "Note that costs for Spell Slots did not change from ARB 1.3" in the charts section. The packet is already long enough as it is, we don't need to reproduce an entire page of charts that haven't changed :)

Thoughts are there :)

Folks, we try to reply to all the stuff in this forum, but we need some patience and sometimes it will take a few days. I have real-world family emergencies going on right now and all the ARC members have real lives. We'll get to everything, I promise, but please give it a few days before bumping topics.

-Bryan Gregory
ARC

Back