Pure Lords

Fellow Adventurers,

I'm seeking information on how a Pure Lord resurrects, as they are without magic. Also, I'm seeking information as to how a Pure Lord could construct an anti-magic zone - an area where magic just no longer exists, and how one might fix such an issue. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Circle Master Eric Marsters
Circle Master of Fairfax
Greater Earth Guild of Terna

Master Marster'

Pure Lord' aren't all the same. They each have different upbringing', philosophy' and way' of going about their business. I look at them like they are Knight' or Lord', a Manusia-Human title. I'm not sure that there is a single method by which they gain their "power'". Some break the boundary' of alchemy. They have method' of raising great monstrous beast'... such as bat' or spider', in their defense. Some have like... a way to make their apathy toward' magic real. I'm not really exactly sure how or why it happen', but it mean' that they can sometime' do thing' like: be resistant to magic, be immune to magical weapon attack', walk right through circle' of power or ward'. I believe that the only one who could "construct an anti-magic zone" is already dead. Even still I don't believe that the "zone" was permanent... the one I'm thinking about moved with the Pure Lord. If you don't mind me asking... why would you want to "fix" an anti-magic zone? Seem' like it could pretty useful to have around, is it too big or something?

All the Pure Lord' I know alway' became belligerent after receiving a life spell. I heard a rumor that if you killed a Pure Lord, they might choose to resurrect only to name their assassin and then go off somewhere to kill themself'. Pretty sure that Real Pure Lord' don't resurrect, but you know... it could be a Quiet One, you are dealing with. That' like a Pure Lord gone bad... I heard at one point that we killed them all, but no adventurer' has luck that good, and there are plenty of Pure Lord' left who have the opportunity to fall off the deep end.

-Santet

Santet,

The one that came to Wayside is known as Revan Stahn, of Sadeen Moore. He created an anti-magic zone that takes up almost an entire duchy, without consulting anyone. Innocent people that live in that area can no longer use Earth magics to heal themselves. He also can strike so accurately, it's as if you aren't even wearing armor, regardless of the weapon. I appreciate the insight into Pure Lords.

Circle Master of Fairfax

A whole Duchy? You don't say... well remember that people can still heal with elixir' while in an Anti-Magic Zone... that's how the Pure Lord' do it. He probably didn't consult anyone because he believed that he was doing you a favor.

Revan Stahn of Sadeen Moore... I'll look into it for you, as it happen' I have some connection' there...

-Santet

Hi Santet! I'm Silp!

I suck at magic, so I don't have as bad of a time in the no magic land as other people do, but it's still a bit of a problem!

If you're gonna look into the guy that did it, his first name is Stahn and his last name is Revan! So it's Stahn Revan! I'm not sure why Eric said it the other way around. But yeah, he's like medium tall (not tall enough to be like, "That guy's tall," but not short enough to be like, "That guy's short!"), he's got brown hair, and he's got glowy purple eyes. As long as you aren't talking about magic, he's actually a pretty nice guy!

~ Silp

Stahn Revan... okay I got it.

Look on the bright-side... A Duchy without Necromancy or Dead people raising out of the ground... A Duchy where they stupid imaginary Fey are powerless... A Duchy where sword' and shield' are all that are needed...

If I wasn't so old, I'd pack up and move there.

-Santet

Hello there...Eric? And others...

This term "Pure Lord" is new to me. I wish I could contribute to the answer, but I do not think I will be able to. I am curious as to what this "Pure Lord" is. You say "without magic," but I suspect that you don't mean "does not possess the skill to use magic." Do you mean they are without even the most basic ties to spiritual essence?

As for fixing an area that is without magic, I...would want to know whether it is that magic is "lost" in the area, "eaten," or "suppressed." That would be helpful, I think...but I do not expect that this helps a great deal.

--Zeth

Zeth,
I can fill you in at length on the definition of a Pure Lord. I suspect you've even met one without having known you've done so.

-Zehnyu

Zenhyu,

I've met a Quiet One, to be specific. That's a form of Pure Lord, correct?

Does anyone know how to suppress their ability to negate magic? There must be a way, right? Or how they can create areas without magic? Perhaps knowing how they're created is the key to knowing how to repair them, short of the Great Dragons reweaving the tapestry from which magic is drawn.

Circle Master of Fairfax

A Quiet One is similar to a Pure Lord in abilities, and likewise, to end their magic negation, a sufficient strike upside the back of the head with a chair stands to work quite well.

They are mortal.

Heresy

Circle Master Marsters,
Heresy's offering is appropriate. Unfortunately I have not seen an area in which magic has been removed, and remained so after the Quiet One has left said area.

If you are being subject to direct attacks, I can offer some options and guidance, but to remove such a magic barrier, I am unsure. I have some guesses, but in honesty they are probably quite dangerous and risky.

-Z

Zehnyu,

If you ever make it to Wayside, I'd be happy to give you a tour. I would love some options and guidance, as neither our Celestial nor Earth guilds were able to figure out how to restore magic to these areas. It's not as if magic is being blocked, but the energies that magic draws on from the world around us... its that those energies don't exist in these areas. Dangerous and risky ideas are my cup of tea. I'm the sort of fool that has mixed magics, successfully I might add, when casting formal magics in certain situations.

Circle Master Marsters

Circle Master,
The mist is not agreeable with me at times. However, should I find myself in Wayside, I will certainly look you up, and would be happy to offer my services. I believe I have a couple friends who call that place their usual stomping grounds.

My options and guidance are best offered in quieter places than all of Fortannis; since we never know who (or what) is listening.

Your formal casting may come in handy.

-Zehnyu Shanshi
Keeper of the Dead (House Temperance and Ruin)
Arkelian Hunter

You all do realize that all it takes is one person who sympathizes with this Quiet One who can hear this to tell him everything that's being said, right?

Private missives, folks. There's no sign at the doorway to these dreams that says "Bad Guys Keep Out." And if there was... they'd ignore it.

-Phedre

Who say' he' a "bad guy"... diplomacy has worked as many time' as confrontation with the Pure Lord'. I've spared more of them, then I have killed them because they aren't entirely wrong. They just go about thing' different than the rest of us.

When we need them to stop crazy magical nonsense everyone love' them. It' an old story that need to be learned, far and wide. Don't be too quick to make war against these kind of people, because they will eventually be needed. If you can't see that: you are blind.

Take advantage of what they have to offer. Listen to their point of view and learn their way'.

Or don't, I don't care.

-Santet

Last edited:
I don't think there has been anything mentioned that Stahn Revan and those like him aren't already aware of, especially given the stories that were written about the war.

Santet speaks the truth on it, though. There is always a possibility where former enemies become friends, and vice versa.

Should you wish to speak of this further, Circle Master, I am easy enough to reach by private dream or missive.

Leave others to their public dreaming and eavesdropping.

-Z

Hello,
I am looking to help in whatever way I can with this issue as a Master Alchemist. Is anyone will to share any “interesting” Alchemy Recipes that might be of assistance? Or any creative Alchemy for that matter, I am always searching for new recipes. My discretion, if needed, is guaranteed and Circle Master Marsters can vouch for me. I also have unique recipes to offer in trade. Please contact me privately. Thank you for your time!

-Arsita
Sister of The Brotherhood
Master Alchemist

I don't have experience with Pure Lords themselves, but I've researched the inner workings of the Spirit and the power of one's consciousness and may be able to shed some light on how an area where magic does not exist could be created.

From what I've gathered here, and previous discussions I've had regarding Pure Lords, those who can be completely unaffected by magic and create said zones are those with the complete and utterly unshakable belief that Magic itself does not exist. Furthermore, by extending their will outward of themselves, they can create a 'zone' in which that belief holds true. Be aware, though it may have similar effects to a suppression, it is fundamentally different: a suppression works under the logical bounds of magic, that something of finite power can be restrained by a greater power, and thus has the logically equivalent weakness of being broken should a power greater than that suppressing the original power be enacted upon it.
The power of a Pure Lord with the ability to manifest his will outside himself follows no such logic, as their power itself is not derived from logic, nor from magic: put simply, within the confines of that barrier, for all intents and purposes, magic does not exist. Any attempts to use magic will bear no fruit, even dragon magic. As to that zone's 'weakness', it thrives off the Pure Lord's absolute will, which means that should his will disappear, so will that zone. Given that, you are left with four ways to eliminate the zone: kill him, convince him to take it down, make his belief that magic does not exist waver, or, theoretically, find a person with an absolute belief in magic to enter that zone. Given that the third option would be almost completely fruitless, I would suggest you try the second option. This will most likely prove difficult, seeing as he believes magic does not exist, and therefore will not easily understand your plight. Killing him is also possible, as it was said previously in this discussion, they are not immortal, however, you will certainly need substantial force to do so.
The fourth option is probably the trickiest: essentially, it would be finding some being whose very existence is based around the existence of magic. I have never met such a being, but if you could find one, they could theoretically break the zone. This is because they, themselves, would exist separate of magic inside that zone, but because they exist inside that zone, magic would also have to exist by their absolute belief in it: thus, they would create a paradoxical relationship between their will and the will of the Pure Lord, causing both effects to cancel, breaking that zone.

I hope some of this will aid you in your endeavor.

- Wycliff, the Seeker of Spirit.

Wycliff,

While it may not mean much, I would like to thank you for that information. We here in Sedovia are dealing with someone or something that may or may not be similar. If I find anything more substantiated than rumors I'll pass those along to you. From what I've seen though the creatures I've dealt with are literal voids of magic that when filled up cease to be. Could a Pure Lord or Quiet One bring forth such a creature?

Kel of the Red Branch Tribe

Back