question

Indeed, Avaron speaks with wisdom and purity on this matter..

Avaran said:
It was a good try on his part, but he still has *much* to learn...

I remind you I am not an official Apprentice. I just hang out with Polare.

As usual: Drethal

Hirohito,

I would welcome you to this town but my bodyguard-cum-spokesman Avaran has already done so quite well. Apparently he is taking to my training in matters of diplomacy quite well.

I am quite happy that even those who are not my apprentices vouch for the value of my training. It is very much appreciated.

We shall speak of this privately as you are interested.

-Polare

Aeris said:
What Avaran said is very true.

~Aeris

And I won't put my hands up and surrender...

But you will willingly give up your independence.
That is a kind of surrender, child.

What was said was true, but misleading.

I'm very much certain the new people need all of you to do their thinking for them polare, I hope the strain of that doesn't prove dangerous.

I know some of those would drive me insane. :)

-TD, KBN

Come now, Trystan, I'm sure you're familiar with the difference between training and mindless repetition. I take pride in the fact that I try to train people to evaluate and act independantly. I generally try to weed out the mindless sheep from my flock of apprentices, if my apprentices will forgive the metaphor.

Besides, I have never pretended that I get nothing out of having apprentices. I enjoy the work of teaching and find the discourse and fresh ideas stimulating. Staying too long in the company of just a few people can be damaging to one's worldview, after all.

Will you be in town in a month or so, Trystan? We should have a drink and chat. I'd be delighted to talk about the benefits and drawbacks to having thoughtful, interesting apprentices.

-Polare

Ronin,

I do not know how your skills in fighting or your knowlege of how the adventurers work, but openly saying you want to kill people is not a good thing to spread around. As for not having to sneak up behind people to knock them cold, I have seen many a person cleave bloody pathes on the field of battle, or dominate combatents one on one. A person who knows what they are doing does not need to sneak up on a person to get the job done, and from what I have seen of the adventurers here, a good amount of them know what they are doing. This is just a simple reminder, I myself have given mylife to healing people. I jut find it easier to keep people alive if the adventurers are not trying to kill each other. So to you all, have a good night.

Aaron

Well it kinda started off as a joke till everyone drew swords...Apparently Kazouns don't make good comedians..lighten up.

I'm glad that the people who want me to teach them are few in number.
I'm not very patient with people, odd for someone my age.

Can you train a sheep to be a wolf among lambs?

Can you train your wolf to become a sheep?

I do not doubt that you, sir, are capable :)

But being surrounded by such wasted potential, do not overcommit yourself, there are some you should let go their own way.

Yes, I think I will have some free time.
I have to aquire a few things from ausland, and make a few deliveries in the opposite direction.

We should grab a bite at the Kaerwin Kettle saturday afternoon, Mr. Justin has the details, if you're not familiar with the place.

In service,
-Trystan Dracmere, KBN

I would like to be the proverbial fly on the wall at that lil lunchion..

Of dat, nooly arrived Ronin, I surely doubt.

I vill however vouch for de teachings of Ambassador Polare. He has already helped ME a great deal in learning de vays of dis town. He can guide you if you need it, but alvays keep in mind, if you cannot tink for yourself.....he vill cut you loose faster dan vould tink. From vat I have seen, he takes great pride in HELPING people....NOT controlling people, as I said before he will guide you if you vant it, and leave you if you do not.....

Trystan, vhen you have a moment....I vould very much like to have a vord with you, if dat is possible.

Ronin said:
At least i won't have to sneak up on anyone to do it...

...I would suggest staying clear of me if you are in town in a couple of months. Should I find that anyone of my friends have been disturbed in any way, you and I will have words, and we would not want that to turn into an "explosive" situation...

By the way.....welcome to the crossroads.....

Jarax

Ok, if everyone is done telling me to watch out for them and don't try to waylay one of their friends can we get on with life. It was a joke....get over it...if you can't get over it, or your ego's just won't stay in check, then go ahead and look me up, but i would advise you all to see how deep the water is before you dive in head first...and no this isn't a threat.Now that that's taken care of, who wants lunch?

I can show you how deep the water is, wanna have lunch?.......

Jarax

Due to the fact that i am in a foreign land and do not know your customs, i will gladly join you for lunch. Thank you so much for the invitation. i'm sure i will be hungry as it is a long haul from here to there. Perhaps i could bring a dish or two for you to try as well.
Hirohito Tokugawa

I can whip up a mean pork fried rice, do you not wish to dine together?Then why make the gesture? Who knows, maybe we could enjoy a good conversation. I await your reply,
Hirohito Tokugawa.

Ronin said:
I can whip up a mean pork fried rice, do you not wish to dine together?Then why make the gesture? Who knows, maybe we could enjoy a good conversation. I await your reply,
Hirohito Tokugawa.
You will find that it is common place for gaje to become incredibly violent over the convesation of the healer's guild. For some reason it has been a very touchy subject over the past years.

Forestis

Balryn San,
Dearou Jarax hakujin aori daiben dokura. Hai? Arutoki dearou aitsu hora amata, ichamonwotsukeru amata.
kashiku,
Hirohito Tokugawa.

Ronin said:
Balryn San,
Dearou Jarax hakujin aori daiben dokura. Hai? Arutoki dearou aitsu hora amata, ichamonwotsukeru amata.
kashiku,
Hirohito Tokugawa.
If you would honestly like to speak, send a private thought or two to me. I'm always open to talk.

Forestis

Back