Quiver question

Ondreij said:
I don't believe the practice of providing NPCs with unrepped tags is kosher. Don't the rules infer, imply, or outright say that treasure mus go out as repped items? I know that this is not always practical -- which is why there is a Goblin Stamp policy.

If this is true, then the props people need to beg for rep donations a little more valiantly.

Anybody need phial reps? I've donated hundreds. I can donate hundreds more. What am I bid? 2GS per phial with cap? Do I hear 3GS?

I completely see your point with potions/elixirs but i think that is really it and not even always. Occasionally as an npc scrolls will be already written for treasure but usually not... at least in my experience.

you've never picked up a standard shield or sword tag as treasure? and i dont think i have ever seen a NPC leave a quiver rep along with arrow treasure. I think there are a lot of cases where having unreped treasure is plain necessary. As an NPC i have played a land shark that went out with numerous weapons in my belly along with other other assorted tags. It would be extremely difficult for me to carry all those weapons and such for each of my given lives and supply a rep. And thats just one example.

Gee I believe you are correct, espically since "For each multiple of the maximum quiver volume, a quiver can hold an additional 20 arrows or bolts?" Which in english means take the total volume (in inches) and divide it by 64 (min volume of a quiver). Take that whole number and times it by 20. Thats how many arrows you can have.

Gilwing said:
Gee I believe you are correct, espically since "For each multiple of the maximum quiver volume, a quiver can hold an additional 20 arrows or bolts?" Which in english means take the total volume (in inches) and divide it by 64 (min volume of a quiver). Take that whole number and times it by 20. Thats how many arrows you can have.

Yeah I'm gonna go with this when I play in June. That line wasn't in any rulebook up until now, and I know in the past you needed a quiver per 20 arrows/bolts you carried on you. Now I just need to make the packets w/ ribbons so that's taken care of.

i was looking at this recently as well , and i thought 64" is really small its 1.108 quarts just think of a milk carton or stack 2 beer pong cups

Not reping weapons especially can often be nessisary. But personally I see no reason why BM scrolls, and potions in addition to the things where the item is the rep/tag could not be repped. But often its a time thing. And I'm not gonna complain too hard when generally I know that monster camps are already working hard enough. ;)

As far as arrows are concerned basically have a few things on you that can qualify as quivers. Its not too hard, but ya gotta make at least a little bit of an effort. Then your home free and most of the time can carry as many packets as you can manage...

In the grand scheme of things, only carrying as many arrow packets as you have tags for makes sense. No needing to keep track that way. So long as you recycle them into a different pouch.
From my thought of things, if you kill a goblin and he has 20 arrows (worth taking, as most weapons goblins use are garbage), its just some arrows, not necessarily a quiver worth taking to hold them. That's why you need a quiver 'Rep', much like you need a weapon 'rep'.
However, if there is a leather worker out there who wants to donate 20 pouches of the correct size, Im sure your donations will be accepted.

I wouldn't want to be the person that has to sit there, stuffing potion tags into reps, or writing out BM scrolls for an event with a high APL and high attendance.
My vote is that if the PC wants to use them, they have to rep it. Or chapters need a LOT more donations, because even 100 potion phial reps can go out over two events, easy.

My PC is a caster, and I always have as many packets as I have spells in a belt pouch. Once it's thrown and picked up, it goes into my catch-all shoulder bag, and goes back into my OOG tote in the cabin until the next logistics. I'd suggest doing the same with arrow/bolt packets, because even though the "arrow" is thrown and the tag ripped, you don't want to donate all your packets to the squirrels but don't want to be over-repping.

Just like with spells you can have more arrow packets on your person than you have tags for. Mostly this can happen when you pick up packets in the middle of/in between battles that happen really fast back to back or far away. Its just honor system at that point that you don't throw more than you have tags for I believe.

Also some people may not know this but you can pick up arrow packets during a hold.

yes you can have more packets then spells... BUT you cant manifest more than you can cast. So I would imagine just like spells you could have more arrow packets than arrows, but i dont think they should be visible... Actually really reading this after typing it out when it comes to arrows i guess it doesn't matter considering you could have a concealed quiver.

It really is honor system.

Back