Registration Still Available for February 23rd Event!

Gandian Ravenscroft

Knight
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Hey folks!

It's almost time for the first game of 2013: "Tides Coming In". That means that Pre-Registration is now open! The plot team is hard at work preparing an awesome time for y'all, and I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am!

Logistics will open at 10 AM, with Game off by 6 PM.

This event will take place at the following site:
Camp Spring Lake Retreat
13690 Pine Bend Trail
Rosemount, MN 55068

Pre-registering is highly encouraged, for it lets the staff know you're attending and, as such, lets us prepare what we need to do ahead of time. Pre-registering makes everything run smoother, and lets us get our game started all the faster, which is always convenient. It also gets you a discounted fee for the event! The sooner you get your pre-reg in, the more pleased the Logistics folks will be, so get those pre-regs in! Even if you're NPCing, please don't forget to pre-reg. It's important for us to know how many NPCs are coming, etc.

The cost for this event is $25 for PCing and $5 for NPCing, though if you Pre-Register, the cost drops to $20 to PC and free for NPCs.

For a form for preregistration, check out http://mnalliance.com/members/forms/pre-reg/ Simply fill out the information you need to send it. Otherwise, you can just email your pre-reg to logistics@mnalliance.com, but we would greatly prefer if you were to use the website form, considering it makes things a lot easier for the Logistics staff. Pre-regs should include: Build Expenditures, Goblin Stamp Expenditures, Magic Item info (item number, effects, expiration, etc.), any Production skill use, any Craftsman skills, and anything else you deem appropriate (categories are listed on the online form).

Pre-regs were due by Tuesday Feb. 19th at midnight.

Players with purple text have incomplete pre-regs and should send the missing info to logistics before Wednesday, February 20th! Please send a message to the Logistics email address with any updates.

Players with red names have memberships that are expired and need to be renewed ($5 for a three month membership, and $15 for one year).

Pre-registered PCs:
1. Ryan Be. (Asher)
2. Christina S. (Socora)
3. Vaughn W. (Thorgrim)
4. Devin H. (Tauran)
5. Tim S. (Tazoulti)
6. Dan L. (Zui)
7. Matt V. (Roland)
8. Hannah M. (Nakira)
9. Peter H. (Cho Ko Nu)
10. Timothy M. (Jonathan)
11. Kyle S. (Briar)
12. Adric F. (Anthony)
13. Grant K. (New Player!) - Name and Build Expenditures
14. Amanda R. (New Player!) - Name and Build Expenditures
15. Seamus C. (Benjamin)
16. Adam D. (Val)
17. Andrea R. (Lilly)
18. Mariah S. (Talitha)
19. Robert D. (Kitaruen)
20. Kayla N. (Keallit)
21. Josh S. (Roy)
22. Rick B. (York)
23. Paul F. (Fern)
24. Alysha K. (Regan)
25. Jenn S. (Jamina)
26. Michael H. (Gabriel)
27. Haley B. (Katira)
28. Ethan K. (Ewan)

Registered PCs:
29. Miranda B. (Saito)
30. Ryan H. (Icey)

Pre-registered NPCs:
1. Marshall S.
2. Alexander T.
3. Patrick D. (New Player!)
4. Ryan Bu.
5. Marcia C. (New Player!)
6. David G.
7. Chloe S.
8. Teague M.
9. Courtney H.
10. Matthew H. (New Player!)
11. Elizabeth J. (New Player!)
12. Amy G.
13. Kat M. (New Player!)
14. Erik A.
15. Andrew M. (New Player!)
16. Andrew C.
17. Kyra D. (New Player!)
18. Nathan K.
19. Devin A.

Re: Pre-Registration for February 23rd Event Open!

Is this a new site? If so what do the amenities look like?

The website for the camp has everything listed and a slideshow video with some photos of the location. Seems like the "main" area will actually be a little bigger and warmer than the previous Feb Day camp...and from what I read it has an actual kitchen space.

http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks/Gather ... enter.aspx

It's not new, but it'll be new to most folks, it is indeed significantly bigger with better amenities then the Jordan site, which we have simply outgrown.

Darkcrescent said:
and from what I read it has an actual kitchen space.

Kitchens are good - I like a kitchen, even if it isn't fully stocked - I can take care of that. ;)

FYI - something is a miss. I clicked to pre-reg and Feb 23rd didn't come up - just last Dec's game.

LARP Mom said:
FYI - something is a miss. I clicked to pre-reg and Feb 23rd didn't come up - just last Dec's game.

You must have clicked it wrong.

Lurin said:
LARP Mom said:

You must have clicked it wrong.

That must be it - bad clicking - nothing worse :shades:

Darkcrescent said:
The website for the camp has everything listed and a slideshow video with some photos of the location. Seems like the "main" area will actually be a little bigger and warmer than the previous Feb Day camp...and from what I read it has an actual kitchen space.

http://www.co.dakota.mn.us/parks/Gather ... enter.aspx

It's a return to Rivenside :p

I SHOULD PC, but there might be a LOT of people coming from my High School (max. 10 or so if EVERYBODY who's interested goes). So I'll wait for a bit to discuss with them what everyone wants to do before I commit Thorgrim to the adventurer's cause.

All I can say Vaughn is if you bring 10 new players to an event, that's a crap ton of gobbies. Should be a fun event to have a bunch of new players at a 1 Day.

Sweet, with Benike playing Asher, I don't have to step it up as Icey.

More healing never hurts, Icey.

I didn't say I wasn't going to go. I just said now I don't have to step it up. I don't have to be the big healer on deck, I can let him do the hard work, and just sit back, relax, and do what I did the last season opener. Laugh as Corrupt come strolling through the tavern door killing adventurers :D

Darkcrescent said:
All I can say Vaughn is if you bring 10 new players to an event, that's a crap ton of gobbies. Should be a fun event to have a bunch of new players at a 1 Day.

As much as I'd like to take credit for recruiting them all, I simply can't, because Marc (the NPC who played Earl at the Banquet) should have credit for recruiting at least 2-3 of them, and Alexander should take credit for another, but I suppose that I'll still have between 4-6ish people who i've recruited simply because I won't shut up about Thorgrim in school. :p

Regardless though I agree, it will be a good time and you can bet that i'll be applying some very positive pressure, since the location is only a 1/2 hour drive from Woodbury and its a one day, and I just feel that that's a good way for many new people to get introduced into LARP.

I'll post updates as they occur. :)

Question about pre-regging,

If I have a magic item in my possession currently IG, but the tag hasn't been given to me OOG yet, how should I put that on the pre-reg sheet? Because I don't actually have the tag and thus I don't really know much about my MI other than its a 20 suit of Arcane Armor and there's some phrase that I have to say when I finish refitting.

And for those who are curious, I've decided that beating down my friends is more fun than fighting with them (except for you Devin ;) ) so Thorgrim will be making a special guest appearance.

Thanks,
-Vaughn

Haven't you heard Icey, I haven't chosen my spell list yet. I'm thinking I'll have it go like this:

x6 Disarm
x6 Pin
x6 Sanctuary
x6 Poison Shield
x4 Release
x4 Earth Blade
x4 Destroy
x4 Paralysis
x4 Circle of Power (never know when you'll need 1, so 3 extra is for backup)

:thumbsup:

I like it Asher, I will mem 9 disarms and together we can disarm storm against something...It will be great :yummy:
And instead of circles lets just open the game playing death storm on each other :hahaha:

" Why are the healers killing each other." will be how the bards song of that day begins

OK pre-reged as an NPC. I'll be there with armor for people to look at, and for sale as well. If there is something in the store you want, use the code 'FLORENTINE1'. That gives you free shipping and I'll deliver it at the event.

I wanna play Death Storm :D

Back