Riddles

Arkade

Scholar
To pass the time I shall resite a Riddle, I will reveal it's answer in three days time, including this day. If somone resites the correct answer I shall list the name or names of the winners. If you ever meet me I will have a prize for you.

Loadbearer, Warrior
Spirited, Brave
Fleet-foot, Ironshod
Faithful One, Slave

Answer:

Well, I see one has already heard this riddle or it was too easy... Mayhap this one will be harder.

Only one color, but not one size,
Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.
Present in sun, but not in rain,
Doing no harm, and feeling no pain.

I hope your putting some thought into this.

The one who makes it sells it.
The one who buys it doesn't use it.
The one who's using it doesn't know he's using it.

A Coffin.

I have read many books of riddles. These are nothing new. If you want a real challenge participate in some of the riddle contests and scavenger hunts they run in Ashbury during the tournements. Mind Boggling.

-Nathan Westwind

one more then for today.

A farmer was going to town with a fox, a goose and a sack of corn. When he came to a stream, he had to cross in a tiny boat, and could only take across one thing at a time. However, if he left the fox alone with the goose, the fox would eat the goose, and if he left the goose alone with the corn, the goose would eat the corn. How does he get them all safely over the stream?

Here's one for ya:

If a wagon carrying 10 passengers is suddenly set upon by a Dragon and burned to cinders exactly on the border between Icenia and Imladar, where do you bury the survivors?

Madcap

Arkade said:
one more then for today.

A farmer was going to town with a fox, a goose and a sack of corn. When he came to a stream, he had to cross in a tiny boat, and could only take across one thing at a time. However, if he left the fox alone with the goose, the fox would eat the goose, and if he left the goose alone with the corn, the goose would eat the corn. How does he get them all safely over the stream?

I thought i had heard this one once before but I admit it took me a moment to recall an answer that would satisfy the parameters you set forth.

If you take the goose accross first, then bring the corn over and bring the goose back. Then bring the fox over, leaving the goose alone and then go back again and get the goose, this should work.

Though I honestly wonder how the farmer is carrying all of that anyway without cages, or a hand cart or some such device. Sigh, farmers...

-Nathan Westwind

Madcap, nowhere, they were incinerated.

Gotta love dragons.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Here's one for ya:

If a wagon carrying 10 passengers is suddenly set upon by a Dragon and burned to cinders exactly on the border between Icenia and Imladar, where do you bury the survivors?

Madcap

I would not be burying the survivors Madcap. Though, kudos to them for surviving the encounter.

-Nathan Westwind

Arkade said:
one more then for today.

Or to be further simple, bring the corn first, then the fox, then the goose. The fox will not eat the corn and the fox and goose will ne'er be alone together.

Ah! I thought it pertained only to the other side! Such the silly child I can be sometimes! Hmmm.... a riddle....

A table you shall ne'er sit at with nobles on one side
He and I reside there
WIth Gold and silver you may ne'er steal nor hide.

What is it?

Marcena said:
Ah! I thought it pertained only to the other side! Such the silly child I can be sometimes! Hmmm.... a riddle....

He and I reside there

What is it?

Da Vinci's - Last Supper

Pyro727 said:
Marcena said:

He and I reside there

What is it?

Da Vinci's - Last Supper

who's what??

Goodman Arkade,

If you ever travel in the Duchy of Ashbury I would suggest taking any and all riddles you conjure to quill and parchment and provide them to Sir Eros Clearbrook. He is the ducal magistrate and quite well known. He organizes a riddle competition in the annual Ducal Tournament and is always and the lookout for new riddles. I suspect he would be rather grateful.

-Cedric Fruvous
Sorcerer of Stars

Hoyce,
I have herd of this event a few times. I do not consider myself the sharpest sword in the smithy, but I have writen a few good riddles for later. I'll be sure to look into it, I thank you.

At 7pm the farmer comes home after a hard day's work, he checks the kitchen and notices his wife is still cooking for dinner. He takes a nap, at 10pm his wife is done and he enjoys a nice hot meal. At 12pm he and his wife go to bed together. At 7am the man kills his wife, why did he kill his wife?

Robb Graves said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Here's one for ya:

Madcap

I would not be burying the survivors Madcap. Though, kudos to them for surviving the encounter.

-Nathan Westwind

*QUORK, QUORK*

Aha! A quick-witted one, this Nathan guy. At least you realized that survivors are still ALIVE and don't need funeral services of any type. Of course you also must realize that only the wagon was incinerated, not the passengers like Tieran seemed to think. I think he might need a few more feathers to hold his thoughts in his head.

*QUORK*

MAdcap

Arkade said:
At 7pm the farmer comes home after a hard day's work, he checks the kitchen and notices his wife is still cooking for dinner. He takes a nap, at 10pm his wife is done and he enjoys a nice hot meal. At 12pm he and his wife go to bed together. At 7am the man kills his wife, why did he kill his wife?

Why did he go to bed at Noon? Strange guy, this farmer. Someone shoulda been keeping an eye on this guy long before he killed his wife.

*QUORK*

MadCAp

Back