Rituals on thrown weapons clarification

Axle

It seems that there are a few rituals for making weapons more effective. If I have Damage Aura or Elemental Aura on a thrown weapon, do i only get the benefit for a single physrep of the thrown weapon?

For example, I have 2 identical throwing knife physreps. I have a tag for a thrown weapon with +2 Magic from a damage aura ritual.

I throw a throwing knife for 4 magic (base damage +2 Magic). Will the next throwing knife also be 4 magic? or will it be 2 normal? If 2 normal, do I need to pick up the first pysrep and throw that again to throw for 4 magic?

It seems that there are a few rituals for making weapons more effective. If I have Damage Aura or Elemental Aura on a thrown weapon, do i only get the benefit for a single physrep of the thrown weapon?

For example, I have 2 identical throwing knife physreps. I have a tag for a thrown weapon with +2 Magic from a damage aura ritual.

I throw a throwing knife for 4 magic (base damage +2 Magic). Will the next throwing knife also be 4 magic? or will it be 2 normal? If 2 normal, do I need to pick up the first pysrep and throw that again to throw for 4 magic?

A weapon ritual is applied to a single target; your throwing weapon should be appropriately tagged as the Magic Item in question, with a MI# on it.

So if you have three throwing daggers, one of them (and clearly marked as such) would be the Magic Dagger, and the other two would be mundane daggers.

And if the target is smart, they’ll pick up said weapon and run, then get a “transfer enchantment”...

If you're going to put rits on a throwing weapon, item recall is pretty much necessary to be one of them.

It's a far better use of resources to go with weapon coatings though. You can get damage or alternate carriers without having to worry about someone running off with your magic item.

If you're going to put rits on a throwing weapon, item recall is pretty much necessary to be one of them.

It's a far better use of resources to go with weapon coatings though. You can get damage or alternate carriers without having to worry about someone running off with your magic item.
That makes sense, but now I have questions about that :D:p.
So if you throw a coated throwing dagger and miss, is the coating used up now? Or can you pick it up and throw it again? Can your opponent pick it up and throw it at you?

The coating is used up, but the weapon can still be picked up and rethrown or have a new coating put on it.

Back