Scavengers

James Trotta said:
I have problems with this. If they gave you an amnesia, why did you go looking for justice? Also, if they bothered with the amnesia they didn't think you were a gnoll.
kitsune85 said:
My character did get into trouble one event. He looked at a bunch of gorbe. The gorbe thought he was a gnoll so they killed my character, gave him Amnesia, and his his stuff.
He resurrected, and with the help of some of his friends was able to bring the gorbe to justice.

What happened was my character suddenly woke up in a resurrection circle with no knowledge how he got there.
He knew there was a hole in his memory.
What really took this story further was he had a ritual artifact on him that was stolen by the gorbe. The gorbe were seen with the artifact. My character had to raise money to get the artifact back.
He did but several other people came forward and said that the gorbe were overheard talking about attacking my character.
Thus they were tried and one was killed for his action.
The other gorbe apologized to me saying I looked like a gnoll and that was why they attacked him.

Yep, giving someone the amnesia is only half of the trick. The real trick is to come up with an explanation why it happened and making sure that you, the one giving the amnesia, put yourself above or out of suspicion in the entire situation. Its a powerful tool, but the questions and answers surrounding it need to be managed just as carefully as the giving of the amnesia to pull it off.

That said I'm certainly really glad it exists. It gives a good rogue or sneaky character a chance to keep themselves clean if they manage things right.

I hope you didn't believe the one who apologized. But, yeah, if they have your stuff after you've ressed with amnesia they deserve a few deaths...

kitsune85 said:
What happened was my character suddenly woke up in a resurrection circle with no knowledge how he got there.
He knew there was a hole in his memory.
What really took this story further was he had a ritual artifact on him that was stolen by the gorbe. The gorbe were seen with the artifact. My character had to raise money to get the artifact back.
He did but several other people came forward and said that the gorbe were overheard talking about attacking my character.
Thus they were tried and one was killed for his action.
The other gorbe apologized to me saying I looked like a gnoll and that was why they attacked him.

wow i guess i really need to get involved in this huh well i am the one who kill him and after i did something like 60 dmg to him from behind he walked to the taven anyway saying i was a pc and it didnt count thats how i got caught

Is that really still what you think?

That's not how you got caught Bobby. You got caught because you got his magic item identified.... and the person doing the ID is the same person who GAVE his character the item in the first place. ;)

Rule # 1 of stealing traceable items from another player - get them ID'd at some other place/time (within the same chapter obviously - other chapters won't have it on their lists).

Back to the Scavvy comments. I had a Ferret Scavenger I played for a short time named Chip. He was more 'animalistic' than other Scavvys but was trying to hide that fact. He'd chirp and twitch at any sounds and when fighting started, he ran around like crazy smacking things until the encounter was over then found a soft spot to nap for a couple of hours.

Here on the west coast we have a few scavengers who are nobility from knights to grand inquisitors for a kingdom.

zehnyu said:
I usually leave out the part about the didge....specifically because she doesn't exactly play it -well- :)

-Ali

What's a Coyote doing with a didj? Swiping it from my Platypus most likely. ;)

Anyhoo, I have several scavvies (see my sig for pictorial reference):
1. Madcap is a Raven who hangs out with Mischief and her brother Mayhem. (See the pattern with the names? Muahahaha) He speaks with a Cockney-ish accent and is really off-the-wall (hence his name ;) ) He's all about having fun and playing tricks on people. He actually convinces people to let him put Gypsy Curses on them!
2. Gyps is a Vulture healer. He will not learn a weapon skill and doesn't even like throwing spell because it's too violent in intent. I based him on the idea that as a carrion eater a vulture woul dhave a much deeper understanding of life due to his constant exposure to death.
3. Nalong is my yet-to-be-played Platypus. He's very aboriginal and might play the didjeridoo. He's gonna throw petrified Emu eggs (because I can't sculpt a proper boomerang).

Stay away from those freaky Snake scavvies, too.

Oops! :oops: Hi, there, Jesse.

j/k

Dude. Don't mess with Kainan. He can unhinge his jaw and eat you AFTER he's done celestially blowing you up.

Where are the limits on choosing critters to base Scavengers off of? Are there even limits? Would, say, a Mandrill, or a Fer-de-Lance, or, god forbid anyone do the makeup for it because it would be terrrifying, a gulper eel be acceptable? I'm poking around the wide and terrible internets looks for interesting animals.

So long as it's a real animal and not a mythological creature, I think you're good to go.

Birds are fine, so long as you're going to do a visibly birdlike prosthetic so they can't be confused for Biata. :D Cats are one of those things that has always made me scratch my head and shrug. Silly Sarr not being wyldkin.

I'm waiting to see someone play a Velociraptor. Maybe even a whole Dinosaur team. The 'Raptor could hang with a Triceratops, a Duckbill...maybe a T-Rex for good measure. Just don't name the T-Rex "Grimlock".

Telokh_Amdo said:
I'm waiting to see someone play a Velociraptor. Maybe even a whole Dinosaur team. The 'Raptor could hang with a Triceratops, a Duckbill...maybe a T-Rex for good measure. Just don't name the T-Rex "Grimlock".

Some of the NH guys had distant plans for a dino team once upon a time -- I defer to Sean or Ray, ask them about it sometime.

The plan was going to have me playing a feral nearly unintelligent Velociraptor. Sean was going to play a think a steggy and toddo was going to play a tricerotps, Gary was toying with it as well.

I still may do it at some point.

Rabies Ray

i didnt know you could do dinosaurs, or mabey i did see it and my brain just didnt click over to that. i am very dissapointd in myself, velociraptors are my favorite dinosaur ever. i always cheered for them in the jurrasic park movies.
long long time ago, i created an alien species that had transformation ablities due to genetic manipulation of 3 races, an unidentified ancient race, raptor and used humans as the base of thier experiments. my main character i mostly use now preffers to use raptors in her transformations more then anyother.
but im happy with my rat wylderkin and still have no plans for a raptor wylderkin.

Back