Scavvies - Check out this site

I don't what it is about this site... but I am deeply disturbed. Maybe it is seeing such realistic animal heads and bodies wearing medieval clothing. I don't know but it is freaky.

J

they look too nice. like.. completely happy.

if i ever make the scavvie iw ant to make... oh boy.. not so nice.

Primal Visions does awesome work -- I've seen their stuff in person a few times now and it looks as good in photographs as they do in real life. I'd love to get a commission from them at some point.

wow that stuff is incredible I have to say. Is it tough enough to stand up to Alliance combat though? Thats the only thing I'd be worried about...

Not sure about the LARP/durability issue. I was just concentrating on the awesome visuals.

They'd be really nice for doing theatrical grade work, but a bit overkill for Alliance, I think. We're a bit more rough and readyl

If I could afford an outfit like those you bet your sweet bippy I'd be wearing one to events. I'm all about immersion and suspension of disbelief. I don't begrudge, say, a sarr or scavvy who only wears make-up, but someone who goes that extra mile with quality prosthetics and costuming gets my utmost admiration. I know that's someone who is deep into roleplay and will be giving 110% both on and off the battlefield. There's a reason I have 3 Scavvies and a Sarr in the database. It gives me that immersion and I know that my immersion will add to everyone else's enjoyment of the game.

That is a great philosophy. People like you have my utmost respect...I want to play a scavvy, but I don't quite have the budget. :(

Start small and start planning. Find a prosthetic you like and save for that. Then build your costume over a period of time. While you do that you can start blanketing a blank character to build it up for when you complete the costume.

I can't overemphasize getting a good prosthetic when you find it. I planned on playing a Raven scavvy for years. I had found the mask I wanted but didn't get it because I was trying to be rational and not get it until I actually needed it. Well, when I finally wanted to start playing Madcap i went to get the mask...only to find out the company that made had gone out of business! The Kangena mask I have now is great but I still wish I would have bought the first one when I had the chance.

Telokh_Amdo said:
Start small and start planning. Find a prosthetic you like and save for that. Then build your costume over a period of time. While you do that you can start blanketing a blank character to build it up for when you complete the costume.

I can't overemphasize getting a good prosthetic when you find it. I planned on playing a Raven scavvy for years. I had found the mask I wanted but didn't get it because I was trying to be rational and not get it until I actually needed it. Well, when I finally wanted to start playing Madcap i went to get the mask...only to find out the company that made had gone out of business! The Kangena mask I have now is great but I still wish I would have bought the first one when I had the chance.

I agree with finding the right prosthetic.

When I first began playing my fox scavenger, Semaj, I quickly looked for a prosthetic that could take the abuse of LARPing and still look decent.

My first mask, and the one probably anyone who has seen my scavie knows, is the one from Lyonshel.

While it sort of held up to the punnishment of weekend events, it was not without its problems.

It was thick, required constant application of liquid adhesive, was a pain to eat/drink in, and overall was too much maintance.

Now I am playing smarter and have found a new mask which along with some makeup should be much easier to use.

In hindsight, I wish that I didn't rush into playing my fox scavie and took some time creating a great costume rather than altering as I went along.

Still I think now I've got the costume the way I wanted.

Jim

Telokh_Amdo said:

That's exactly what I've been doing. I've got the concept, prosthetic, working on the garb. Once I get that complete, I'll fill in the blank card that I've had set up for a few months and then the fun begins. :)

Back