Scavvies - Check out this site

I'd sure like my masks to reach this quality. I made a full head mask with a moving jaw for my white Fox Scavie in Ohio, if anyone's played there. I even made teeth out of sculpey. It was a rush job and kind-of an experiment, but it gave me ideas for improved versions. I wish I had a picture of it. I'm working on making my masks contain a lot less wire, so they will be lighter, stretchy-er, and more form-fitted.

Lion of the sun (www.lionofthesun.com) also has amazing masks; but NOT something you want to risk at Nero, as they contain electronics and moving parts.

Lyndsay

I would like to do a full prosthetic for Shin, but between my rather enthusiastic goatee and bad experiences in trying to fight in a lyonshel, I'm really rather picky about my props. Maybe sometime this year.

The Lyonshel fox is just too cartoony for my taste. For just a good fox snout try Northfur.

Yeah, I was planning to use Northfur's, although I'm not sure about it either. Their fox is a bit on the narrow and pointy side, not sure how good it'll look on my face. I may have to go for the wolf/dog muzzle instead.

Fox snouts are pointier than wolf snouts. You won't look like a fox if you use the wolf. If you want one that isn't quite so pointy I'd suggest the Rodent nose, it's somewhat wider yet not so wolf-y looking.

I think Ali used the fox muzzle for her coyote scav... they don't have as broad of a muzzle as wolves and some dogs do, and she has a small face so it works.

The one I have is definitely the fox nose. I would go with the small wolf snout; at the time when I bought the nose, they didn't have the updated version of the wolf snout yet, and i didn't like what the large one looked like. If you look on the main website as well as the HQ October2007 pictures (from the yahoogroups) there are shots of the fox snout in action.

-Ali

Also, personally I wouldn't use these for a Scavenger; to me full head masks just don't seem to look right, unless you're playing a bird (which is why Madcap is the exception)

I feel like you lose a lot of facial expression behind all that hard work, and while they look spectacular, if they don't allow for eyebrow movements, it becomes a lot harder to 'become' your character to other people.

My 2 Cents. (or copper, whichever)
-Ali

Well, my fox muzzle is very old. It was the 5th piece I've ever made, the date on the mould is 1999.
I *really* need to just redo it, probably make small and large versions. Just one of those things I've been putting off since the mold is in surprisingly good shape. While I've been more concerned at finishing a replacement for my dragon muzzle since that mould broke back in December :p

I really don't mind taking requests, it's good to know that the fox really would be something I should work on since there's actual interest in it and set aside a more personal piece like a shark I'm working on.

I played in a LARP with someone who had the full on bat costume from these guys. He made the bottom portion himself but they made the head and ears. He wore the thing for the full weekend and it didn't seem to really hinder him at all (other than being as hot as heck). I personally would love one of their jackal suits. I had almost bought a rat mask that they had left over in stock but I wound up deciding to make my own.

Back