Seeking worthy candidates

Mathis

Scholar
To any person who wishes to serve the people and Kingdom of Dragonreach.

Let it be known that I am seeking candidates for the position of Squire and would be most pleased to speak with any who wish to put themselves forward for such an opportunity.

If you wish more details I invite you to send a message to my Tower in the south of the Oxridge or seek me out at any coming gathering of adventurers.

This invitation is not a limited offer, I seek anyone who has the desire to improve the lives of people across the lands. You need not have vast experience, have performed great deeds, or had you mettle tested in battle; all are welcome.

If you have already communicated your interest in this position to me, I will contact you further before the end of this month with additional information.

Travel safely,

Sir Mathis
Knight to his Majesty Lycergis, King of Dragonreach
Order of the Emerald Flame

Seems like you don't even need to employ my suggestions. It's quieter than the Void in here.

I've only been hesitant about responding because it seems to me that squires are in service to the knighthood ⸴ and thus by extension the monarchy · Does a squire ⸴ and a knight for that matter ⸴ improve the lives of people across the lands the way the people request it ⸴ or the way the rulers request it ፧

Regards ⸴
i.d.r.e. ·

I've only been hesitant about responding because it seems to me that squires are in service to the knighthood ⸴ and thus by extension the monarchy · Does a squire ⸴ and a knight for that matter ⸴ improve the lives of people across the lands the way the people request it ⸴ or the way the rulers request it ፧

Regards ⸴
i.d.r.e. ·

I would think it's a bit of both. Yes they have responsibilities bestowed upon them by the monarchy, but they also watch out for the people and act in their interests as well. Seems to be a balancing act to a certain degree. But maybe I'm wrong.

In any event, Sir Mathis, I will speak with you when I see you next.

- H. G.

I nominate Trog

I will send him to speak with you this weekend Mathis

You're welcome,
Lukas
Lord Protectorate of the Kingdom of Dragonreach
The Pride

Sir Mathis,

I once conversed with you about plans to help Dragonreach rebuild after its wars, educate its workforce and coordinate its peoples. While I may not be the champion I feel Dragonreach deserves, I would see it bettered by my efforts. Would you consider teaching me how to better serve our King?

I have walked the path of the Warrior, the Craftsman and the Merchant Prince. Perhaps it is time I walked the path of the Squire, and perhaps one day, the Knight?

-Joseph Smith

Back