Seeking Your Tales

Mathis

Scholar
To those who gather in the Kingdom of Wayside-

As you are likely aware from the Lady IronRose, the King of Dragonreach personally bequeathed an enchanted blade to the adventurers of the Kingdom of Wayside. His Majesty's intention was to provide a boon to your community, as the Kingdom of Wayside had aided the adventurers and Kingdom of Dragonreach when we brought the battle against the wyrm Bleak to its conclusion.

King Lycergis commissioned the sword, Dragon's Reach, with many enchantments and impressed upon Lady IronRose his desire to see that no one person came to be the only bearer of the blade. My King desired the blade be passed among those deemed worthy by Lady IronRose so that many could share in the benefits of his gift.

This gift is also part of the opening of relations between our kingdoms and a hopeful sign of further positive relations to come. In honor of that goal, I am seeking stories from those adventurers chosen by Lady IronRose to wield Dragon's Reach in their adventures. I hope to hear many tales from all of the adventurers who had the opportunity to put Dragon's Reach to use in protecting the people of Wayside.

Please feel free to post your stories here or send them to me directly. I will have them transcribed and present the result to the kings of both our lands. I will also make the collected tales available for the public so that all may observe what good comes from working together.

Travel Safely,

Sir Mathis of the Order of the Emerald Flame
Knight to his Majesty Lycergis, King of Dragonreach

Sir Mathis,

This weekend Dragon's Reach helped do the impossible.

Garwon was the first to wield the blade and I look forward to his stories.

Yours In Service ,
Cyn

Lady IronRose of Storm's Rose
Special Envoy of King Grimlock to Dragonreach
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

Hello,
First, I would like to take this time to introduce myself. My name is Garwon Tel'Morko, I am an elf from the forest near the eternal leaf crown. I had the honor of being the first adventurer chosen to wield Dragon's Reach in wayside. I was able to take Dragon's Reach on many adventures this market day. Here are some of my favorites in no particular order.

1. At one point me and some of my fellow newer adventurers were sent to investigate so large insects on a farm. When we got there they turned out to be large ants. They had made a nest inside the barn of a local farmer. When we went to look into moving the nest some elements began to attack us. Not having much experience with the elements, I learned it is much fun to have a fire aura when fighting ice elementals. We were able to move the nest a bit away from the farm while doing as little damage to the ants as possible. One strange thing we learned is that the ants seemed to be able to absorb fire.So of my fellow adventures are doing more research into these creatures. They are nothing like i have ever seen.

2. At another point some undead lead by some sort of lich (people were calling it a "lichbit", don't know much about it) attacked near the tavern. Not liking undead and having an earth aura on this sword i must admit i was actually somewhat excited to go attack these monstrosities. At one point during this attack Baron Bluewater fell and I happened to be right there and was able to give him the gift of life. It felt great to be able to help out such a seasoned adventurer be so new to the adventuring life myself. Then at another point I found myself next to Lady IronRose when a creature started flinging spells. While the Lady had many spell defenses herself it was great to be able to add one more layer with the spell parry from the blade. In the end we ended up not only defeating these undead, but also taking home the head of the lich with us.

3. A friend of mine needed help collecting some tar from some nearby tar pits. Upon reaching these pits we noticed that there were fire and ice elementals wondering around and fighting each other at times. Being a group made up of mostly newer adventures with some more seasoned adventures to teach us and make sure we did not die. (or they were just bored) This event was a fun learning event especially with having a flame aura and ice elementals attacking us made it more so. In the end the more seasoned adventurers gave us some great advise on how to get better and fight better as a team and hey we were given a solid B. (i think that is good but i am not sure it sounds good)

4.We had a mission to destroy a land bridge to the enterium empire there were shadow elementals and ogren. I spent most of the time near the back defending the person carrying the bombs and the people planting the bombs.While it was a long battle in the end we completed our mission and created one of the biggest explosions ever.

5. We had a portal that has been open near the tavern for awhile now and every so often we have had chaos orcs coming from this portal. We had this happen at least once this weekend and during this time we had a large 2 headed etin. This was a very powerful enemy and took us a long time to take it down. At one point we even had lady IronRose fall on the field and i was able to be there with the power of the sword to grant a gift of life to her. In the end we took down the etin and saved the tavern.

6. Our third night ended up being a very busy one first we found out that lady IronRose's city was under attack by gnolls. During this time i used dragon's reach to help defend the citizens. I stayed towards the back and made sure no one was attacked as they retreated to the keep. We were very successful in this mission.

7. Our other big mission of the third night was our battle against the dwarves. We spent much time discussing how we were going to try to help. In the end we decided to try to use the power of a djinn to learn how to travel the portals. We used this knowledge to show up behind the front lines of the dwarves and push back to the front lines to meet up with the army and deal a large blow to the dwarvin army. It was a huge success than ended up being a lot easier than we thought it was going to be.

While wielding this blade made me feel more powerful and tougher than the largest of bears, afterwards i felt completely drained, although that might be from the longer market day also. Being able to defend my friend and family with that kinda of power has given me the desire to strengthen myself more so that i might one day have a sword like that of my own so a might protect all the innocent creatures of these land. I never want to go through the heartbreak of not being strong enough to defend those that i care about ever again.

-Garwon Tel'Morko

Garwon-

Thank you for sharing your tales with me. This summary of your adventures will make for an excellent first chapter for my record. Your aid of kith and kingdom do you honor and represent all the best that can come from an alliance between the Kingdom of Wayside and the Kingdom of Dragonreach.

You desire to continue to grow in strength is admirable as are your reasons for wanting greater strength. As you see more of the world, remember that a person is more than the sum of their possessions and titles, they are a sum of their deeds and those they can call friend.

Hopefully we will meet someday whether in Dragonreach or Wayside, until then may you find peace at the end of the day.

Travel Safely,

Sir Mathis of the Order of the Emerald Flame
Knight to his Majesty Lycergis, King of Dragonreach

Ooh, you fought one of the Lichbits! What was he like? Was he really tough? What kind of stuff did/could he do? But most importantly, did the adventurers make bread out of him like we've been talkin' about? It's okay if you didn't - we've still got eight more chances for our bonemeal-bread lichbit lichwich!

~ Silp

I did not personally fight they lich just his minions however I saw another adventurer with his head after the battle

Garwon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GRONK didn't spend much time fightin' da Lich-bit direckly but he wasn't like crazy end-da-world tough. Still pretty tough. We didn't really plan ta fight him and we still took him down.

Maybe don't make lich-bread? Sounds like a pretty awful idea.

GRONK

I, Journeyman Kathrina Taliss, am the second to wield dragon's reach this last gather. Though we only gathered for a short while the blade was indespencible to myself and our work.

1. We took on some void touch mixed plane elementals. The elemental things were rather weak but took minimal damage from all strikes. Then the shadow enveloped us and pulled us into the ether, the plane below the void.

2. Once there in the ether we had to fight our way through void and salt elementals to get to the elemental bothers cabin and into safety.

3. Then we went on to fight elementals of sarrow. These were quite frustrating but once we pushed pass and most of the adventurers that had come dipped in a pool of purification(?...I don't remember the actual name of the pool) When then delivered containers of the water to Knowledge and Cataclysm to remove the void touched.

4. Our final fight was against The Nothing. A nasty creature that literally makes things become nothing. and property and items just simple seize to exist by its power. After a long hard fight we where finally able to beat down The Nothing though almost at the price of some of other adventurers if it hadn't been for the other planes saving them from falling into the void.

It was my great pleasure to wield this weapon in the honor of both kingdoms. One day I hope to visit Dragonreach and aid you all in your battles.

May the best of days be upon you in all matters that you must attend to.

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Corbell, it was my honor to wield Dragons Reach this market day.

The start of the market day, had me putting the blade to use against Frost wolves, in order to assist in binding the flame giants to our cause in the war, this mighty blade was of great assistance during the battle.

Later in the day, the dwarves had captured Princess Vivian, the blade fell many dwarves in the rescue. Once rescued, I was assigned to the bodyguard detail along side Squire Thaddeus and Baron Fairfax, where Dragons Reach was again employed to the defense of the kingdom.

The final use of Dragons Reach for this market day was as engineers blew the wall and we were into the inner keep. We had to fight our way through the murder holes, and the repelling dwarves. As the battle fought on, a golem attacked in the defense of the dwarves. After weakening the mighty golem with shatters, and by the aid of many other adventurers, Dragons Reach was fighting the golem as it crumbled.'

~Corbell

Last edited:
*Bran stares at the dissipating visage of Dragon Reach within his palm as it returns to it's true owner*

Aye, I wielded Dragon Reach proudly and bled my foes well with it's cold steel.
The Lovely Lady sin bestowed this great honor upon me several moons past to which I offer a sincere expression of my gratitude.

I was a newcomer to Wayside, but I found the familiar bloodlusts of war in these lands. T'was a violent environment a sell-sword such as myself could make a living.
I wielded my master's bloodstained blade and wore my master's armor proudly in the honor of his name the night I had arrived, but I found that I was less than half the man he was and could not fell even a single Goblin with my current power (swinging 3's). Though, I moved freely and defended myself well in the armor of my fallen master, I did not have the power in my sword arm to contribute greatly in Wayside's efforts to beat back the marauding scourge of undead that night. The hordes of the dead were defeated sometime later allowing for adventures and quests to resume.
I had then ventured out to begin my search for blood, gold and glory in Wayside.
Rather than using my master's sword, I relied upon my wit to resolve issues that arose.
The other new adventurers and I had been rallied for a quest to test our mettle. We were tasked with the removal of an encampment of Goblins which had been harassing a village, yet what we found upon arrival into the Goblin's lands were green-skinned oafs and buffoons who couldn't harm a fly... unless trained and commanded to do so. In place of simply drawing and quartering the green blighters, I had led the party to parley with the simpletons, which we found was the more entertaining and lucrative choice. The Elven instructor within our company tricked one of the Goblins into trading a Gold "Shiney" for her Copper "Shiney", a humorous display of trickery. I had chosen to listen to the plight of the Goblins to find out why they had established their raiding camps in villager lands, which led to the realization that they had done so by mistake and were leaderless. Their master was a slain Dragoness, one whose name struck the scorn of the seasoned adventurers in our party. In any case, creatures like these Greenskins were weak minded, yet were wholly loyal to those who they pledged allegiance to. I demanded such allegiance of the Greenskins, they bent their knees to us and were now our sworn agents.
I intend to call upon them one day when the time is right.

T'was the second day of my first days adventuring within the kingdom of Wayside when Lady Sin had so kindly deigned to me to offer Dragon Reach to a lesser man such as myself, to which I could not refuse. I felt the power of great Kings and slayers of times bygone within my grasp, the stuff of true Legends and warriors were imbued within the blade. I found myself within the company of the the Great merchants Joseph and Emrick, honest men who speak the same language I do: Coin. The party of newcomers (including myself) were sent off with the Greatsword wielding wizard merchant Emrick to attempt a perilous ritual to fortify the strength of said Greatsword to a power almost unthinkable (+4!). It was unbeknownst to the company of hirelings the danger that would arise on this task, yet we somehow came out alive and several gold pieces richer. The ritual to enchant the blade transported us into a misted veil, dark shrouds quickly descended upon us and attacked with ferocity several leagues greater than anything us fodder could have reasonably been expected to deal with. I held my own, but I had taken one blow from one of the shrouds and was immediately felled despite having the best protection available from my steel mail and Greathelm. The mushroom maiden healer within our company had saved me before I was struck down and I found myself in the fray once more beating back the horde of shrouds with the power of Dragon Reach. Needless to say, this quest had shown the humbling consequences of overconfidence, yet the great feeling of overcoming great odds.

Sometime around midday was when I had joined a team of newcomers and veterans such as Grimshaw and others to intercept a slaving operation within Wayside that the half-men, or Dwarves to be more cordial, were conducting in the area. We soon found that this was no mere slaving operation, but rather was a plot to besiege the estates of Baron Bluewater with kegs of blackpowder hauled by their slaves. The Dwarves had intended to load the cargo of a seafaring vessel with blackpowder to then sail into the port of Ser Bluewater's estate with the slaves on-board as the hapless martyrs to their dishonorable cause. I felt the rage of battle as I held Dragon Reach so powerfully in my grasp, I cut several beards of the fallen Dwarves who had refused to bend their arrogant stubby knees to our righteous cause with the cold steel of Dragon Reach. It is an honor to be slain by a masterwork blade such as this, but I offered them no such honor to their ancestors in death and took their proud beards as my trophy. After foiling the Dwarves' plot, I recalled a maxim my master and the masters before him spoke to newly bled squires in our now disbanded knightly order:
" Tis' not the blade that makes the man, tis' the man that makes the blade ".

Later that day more than half of the adventuring types of Wayside were sent out to investigate the warehouses rumored to be infested with undead, I proved my mettle and stood my ground against several of the larger foes that emerged. Once again, I had overcome great odds several leagues higher than could be expected of one with my experience (of course giving due credit to the other adventurers and the power ofDragon Reach). With the power of Dragon Reach, I had amassed enough gold that day to purchase an auctioned object of power enchanted with the spell of Magic Storm, my first magical item.

Late into the day I had felt fatigue finally overtake my joints and limbs, my master's armor was heavy indeed. Unbeknownst to myself of a final battle to come, I had disarmed myself completely and prepared myself for a night of rest, merriment and sinful gambling in the tavern. However, such desires were shattered upon the rallying cries of Baron Bluewater summoning the troops to meet our steel with the Dwarven horde at our gates. Twice scorned by the ire of half men that day I had little patience to offer, nor did I have the good sense to re-armor myself. In my order's tabard, sleeping garments, bunny slippers and Greathelmm I had joined the fray and fought with the divine blessing of Fortuna who had spared me from maiming or serious injury that night. I swung Dragon Reach freely using it's powers to my advantage during the battle, I charged the enemy lines as if I were still adorned in my heavy mail and I risked my life and limb for the promise of loot which I amassed a sizable horde.

I shall never forget the memories had on those days of high adventure within the Kingdom of Wayside and never shall I forget the Legendary blade of Dragon Reach which had struck down the many foes that stood before me.

Honorable Mentions:
Emrick the Wizard
Joseph the Great Trade Master
Lady Sin the fair
Fox & his company
Elle
Raj - 21 Ogres Player

Per Aspera, Ad Astra
4it76a.png

-Bran the Bloodthirsted Challenger

Last edited:
To all those who carried Dragon’s Reach-

I wish to thank you for carrying the blade in defense of the people of Wayside and in honor of the Kingdom of Dragonreach.

You have all done myself, Wayside, and Dragonreach a great honor in wielding the blade forged from the bones of Bleak. Thank you. Your tales will live on in legend.

Dragon’s Reach has been returned to Kingdom that forged it, and will no longer travel the mists. Instead the great blade will be held in the hands of those who guard the newly formed Earth Guild and Healing House of Koroshi. It’s duty to protect those who heal. A fitting home for it in my humble opinion.

I again thank everyone who carried Dragon’s Reach with honor and care. I am forever grateful to you.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Guild Mistress of the Earth Guild of Koroshi
Artifact of the Dragon's Claw
Founder of Forgotten Hope
Mother

"My Life For Theirs"
"Defending the Dealings of Time and Space"

Back