September 2013 Favorites

My gods.... what an event. I'm only just getting my head back into place now.

-First off, Thank you Collin and the rest of Plot. This was an absolutely incredible event, and one that I will never forget.
-Thank you NPCs and Blythdale: You all made this event killer with everything that you did.

-Nordenn: What can I even say? I loved every moment I had with every one of you all event. The one thing Huleen has longed for above all others was a family, and Nordenn has become that beyond his wildest dreams.

-Having sibling-time with Ruis: Huleen will always believe in her. And if she ever needs a pep talk (abide a very short and to the point one) he's there for her. "You have not changed. Never let yourself believe that."

-Alda: Since we're on different teams we don't normally have more than passing interactions, so the amount of RP we had this event was great. Calming her down in the tavern after she was burned was very hard for him. He was a mental wreak at that point from what was happening, but he knew that she was in even worse shape and pulled himself together to get her back to reality.

-Chulainn: One of the people Huleen respects the most. Pride and Clutch. Now let's go kill people.

-Ulthac: The first person Huleen respected, and the last he expected to notice him. The deck conversation broke him. "I'm proud of you, son." Those five words struck him right at the core and shattered him.

-Jovunn: I only vaguely remember how Huleen and Jovunn met, but since then she has become the single most important person to Huleen. It took Ulthac almost giving him a noble order to leave from tending her burns after the Vra took her, and even then he was very close to ignoring him. Our conversations this event.... words can't even describe the true depth of them from him. Confiding his true name and past to her by the pond was the hardest thing he's ever done. In that moment he was at his most open and vulnerable, and he will probably never be so again.

-Night time Joton fight: Standing on the hill with about 7 other people and realizing that we were all about to die. Brian kicked *** as the uber-jarl, and it was an amazingly intense fight.

-The Vra: You three were killer. I loved running down into the woods and daring you to follow me, then realizing that you would just go and target someone else and running around to the other side of the trail and taunting you to come fight me. The tavern fight later was awesome. Agreeing to honor combat, calling the Vra out as a liar, and then spending the next minute blocking until Raven handed me a magic sword. Bravo, Loren. You were a great fighter, and you played the Vra perfectly. I know I missed out on the RP by not going with them, but it was still a blast.

-Harrison's Spirit Farewell: The second person Huleen ever respected. So many feels watching everyone step into the circle and have their moment. The subsequent knightings were not expected, but amazingly gratifying to watch.

-Hanging with the Gilded Claw: Always a blast. Great food, great people. I will be sure to bring something to contribute next time.

-The end of the event: Everything about it. From freeing Arturus, to watching the honor combat, to carrying Jovunns belongings back to the tavern and the following resurrections. Ending the event standing on the deck with Jovunn and Chulainn and feeling pain and loss in the air. \

I know I missed something, as always, but everything this event was beyond amazing. Events like this are why I play the game, and it's because of the people I play with why I keep coming back.

As the other Frank Said, My head is back in place.

-Thank you to Collin and plot, and the NPCs, I have no idea what they were hoping you up on. But I want some of that next time. The energy and enthusiasm was fantastic, so the from the bottom of my heart, thank you for a great event.

-As always, the Vanguard. My Brother and sisters in red and black. You all are one of the many reasons, I keep scraping together money to come play.
-Ah Kris, all the feels, just all of them. Jovunn has seen a side of Chulainn no one else has. The Talks about the Kor'Rin, The offer Ulthoc had Chulainn think about. Your Number 13. I look forward to what this leads to down the road.
-Amy getting her Deed name, I had to point my head at the ground so no one could see Chulainn crying.
-Talking with Sam and Tom W. It was nice to talk with other people from Crossroads and not have to veil some many things.
-It was great to see everyone run with the RP effect of wounds not healing properly.
-Start of the weekend "Chulainn are you hurt?" "Yes." "are you bleeding?" "Probably.", end of the weekend, people just start walking up to Chulainn saying "Begin First Aid"
-"You don't want me to teach you how to read." "Why not?" "Because I'll carve the alphabet into your chest."
-Becoming apart of Huleen's Clutch, Chulainn went from having no family, to having a rather large one. "Yes Frank we have things to do and people to kill."
-Frisco, I don't have many opportunities to interact with Tavrd, but the ones I do are doozyes.
-Angel, Combat that turned into Honor Combat and making Chulainn have a slice of humble pie. That was a great fight and experience, thank you. Sorry about the bruises.
I know I should have more, But my higher brain functions are shutting down, See you all in Oct

Hey friends! :D Better late than never, right? Real life just has a way of taking over sometimes. But I truly loved this event! I'll need to keep this quick, so many apologies for the things I inevitably leave out.

A huge thanks to NPCs and staff! And CONGRATS to new staff next year! Donna, I'm particularly excited about your awesomeness!!

-Flint. And Mycos. Mycos. And Flint. The drama that goes into Alda figuring out life... you boys are amazing. (And Ruis, your advising is adorable <3)
-All things Sheila Haswell. Especially Natalia and the bond she has with Alda, you're just such a good friend and mentor <3 Also, thanks a million for lifting the Jade Skeleton curse that had been on me for FOUR MONTHS. So much subtle, painstaking roleplay led into this!!
-JADE. SKELETON. MOD. Oh my skelebros <3 <3 <3. Dave E, Tom W, YOU GUYS ARE JERKS AND I HATE (read: love) YOU!!!!
-Pre-weekend hype: Collin texting me "How is Alda's PTSD against that whole fire torture thing?" me: "Oh she's still pretty scarred, she'll be twitchy around a contained fire and she'll be terrified by fire as a threat." Collin: "... You're going to have a hell of a weekend."
-Frank Willig. Awesome car buddy. Huleen. Awesome clutch-bro. Alda wouldn't have survived the post-fire trauma without you. That was some nuts RP, man. So quality.
-CHILDREN OF AUTUMN. SISTERS. BROTHER. I LOVE YOU ALL.
-KAILANI. I LOVE YOU A LOT LOT LOT. Sing more, please! This makes me think that our back-stories are intertwined, somehow! Maybe we traveled with the same bard clan or something?!?!? Aghghh, I dunno, but I LOVE YOUR VOICE.
-First aiding people. I love love love love love me some roleplay. The angst that went into not being able to help people who are suffering when ALL I DO is earth magic, but the satisfaction of taking the time to tend to people with basic skills (and the perspective that brought) was very very nice.
-That being said, Frisco. You know how awesome you are. RP with Tvard is always so boss. Can't wait to PC together again when the next blue moon rises, hahah.
-Final battle in wild camp. I just love diverse settings whenever possible. Very nice.

-Quite honestly, the plot in general and Adventurer's cohesion in general. It was solid. It was devoted, we were committed. We felt like a team. A family. Fighting for the same thing, all on the same page, all caring for each other... I loved the atmosphere this weekend.

-Vanguard. I'll never be able to explain exactly why Alda is so at home with people who are so entirely different from her... I mean, y'all are dwarves, mostly. Your livelihood is to create that which I cannot bear to touch. But I freaking love you guys. I think it is the diversity of culture that does it. I learn and grow so much with you guys.

I love everyone!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Can't wait to see y'all again!

Back