September 415 Favorite Moments, Deadlines, Feedback, & IBGAs!

llywelyn

Artisan
Please send us your event feedback: http://goo.gl/forms/s6omyQNeZw Feedback can also be emailed to plot@alliancedenver.com .

IBGA Form: http://goo.gl/forms/obMbBBj2aD (please read our IBGA Policy and Actions Between Games: Getting the Most out of IBGAs before submitting). Please get them in, if you are sending them, by October 2nd at the latest so that we have some time to think them over.

Pre-register for the next event (event is October 16–18 at Sky High Ranch, pre-registration deadline is October 11th): http://www.alliancedenver.com/payment---logistics.html

If you are submitting a character background and looking to get that approved before the next event, the soft deadline for submissions is October 2nd. Email these to plot@alliancedenver.com . You are welcome to submit it after that, but we may not get a chance to approve it or send it back with feedback before the October event.

Finally: We are looking for submissions either for coin (for your character) or GS (for you) for the Acarthia Times about this event or just the world in general! Please email those to plot@alliancedenver.com so that we can approve them. Soft deadline for Acarthia Times articles is October 10th.

Hope everyone has a great time at the event!

1. Are you a bard? "No I'm a minstrel, I actually work for a living".
  2. Dealing with the Life avatar was super fun.
  3. Screaming like cowards because one bug attacked the tavern at 2 in the morning on Saturday. (Sorry Aneira)
  4. RIP shiny goblins.
  5. Thank you to everyone who took the time to explain elemental marks.
Overall fun event, don't know if I'll be making it to the next couple of events due to some unfortunate scheduling conflicts. Thanks again to all of you for making these events special. Happy Gaming!

1. Griff's adventures within the Legerdemain competition. I'll let him tell that story. It's amazing. I remember walking up to the group laughing, him telling the story, cracking up, and having another person walk up wondering why everyone's laughing.
2. Watching Squire Deploy (Yurg? Yurig?) get Berserked twice. Being at the receiving end once. But that first one, right after everyone got told what their emotional state was and overhearing him figure out how to be both horribly sad AND Berserked was awesome.
3. TOURNAMENT WRESTING 415 . Holy snapsicles, Batman, both the individual and the group wrestling was fantastic and I am beyond glad I stayed to watch that. That was true entertainment.
4. Being sneaky sneaky in the dark. (I walked the path between Lucky Circle and the Tavern alone 3 separate times without encountering anyone. In hindsight, there were probably a lot of mobs and events being planned up and not many crunchies out, but it definitely made me feel like I was pretty darn good at being quiet and nigh-invisible.)
5. Being sneaky sneaky espionage. Arkaida got sent out to gather some information and she came back the next day with results. F yeah.
6. Actually throwing ALL of my offensive spells Sunday. Including my Web! (It's ok you Bane'd it, Jesse, I'm glad I threw it and it connected!) Honestly, I'm usually that caster that's all, "Oh, I don't want to throw this NOW because what if something big and terrible shows up?" and then when something big and terrible shows up says, "Well, what if something bigger and terribler shows up?" and so on and so forth. I remember getting Archery for when my magic ran out. And this time, I actually had my magic run out! Yay!
7. The Shiny Path Goblins and the Chaos Portal. Just... pretty crazy awesome.

Last edited:
Still in a daze from this weekend but I had an amazing time.
  1. Chaos elemental fight, tons of fun with the mixed emotions and challenging!
  2. Tourney wrestling tons of fun, I was really happy I made that.
  3. OMG Knit Dolls!
  4. RP, so much good RP, Getting Engaged, Discussing the code of Chivalry and code of man with Draven and Izwald, all the plague talk, man so much more. I had so many amazing RP encounters with various players I'm in a spin trying to remember it all.

This event has been hands down the best event I've been to. So many things happening, I never got a chance to rest!

• Ominous last words from a goblin that jumped into a chaos portal
  • Dealing with fire elementals, water elementals, and chaos elementals all in one event!
  • LOTS of amazing RP with others about goblins and the implications of what's happened with the chaos portal.
  • YAY the "goat" salesman was actually selling goats!
  • Watching Izual wrestle a goblin was absolutely the highlight of my day.
  • 2AM tavern shenanigans where we were running around inside the tavern taunting a single bug. All fun and games until you have to go back to your cabin and that bug is angry
  • Spells for sport tournament was a blast to watch and compete in! The entire tournament seemed like a big success to me.
  • Clearing out a cave of bugs with Faren, Anders, and Aneira. Many explosions were had.
  • Listening to the very different opinions of the town on chaos magic and elemental chaos. Not only about the balance, but also about the usefulness of necromancy in cases of life or death.

I'm sure there's many many more amazing things that happened, but I think it's about time to hibernate.

It was a relatively quiet weekend for me, probably mostly due to playing a rather aggressive alt, but I have a few.

1.) Hitting things!! I forgot how much I used to enjoy fighting.
2.) Morningtide's speech to the Ogre's; I wish Alis had been there to see it.
3.) Saturday night fight. I actually rushed over to the sink to fill a bucket so that I could rush back and extinguish the fire in order to be able to run over and join. Jesse's voice carried the description of what the numbers did to each and I just couldn't not be a part of that.

I had a really amazing event, and got a ton of stuff to do with story!

-The "Oh sheet" button being hit in my first fight of the weekend, as Calidan went down to an Eviserate, Vira carrying him back, and tanking a swinging for 10's Necro Scorpion.
-Formal casting with Jesse's NPC. The feeling of butterflies and fear as you see a zero, and the laughs and bro time just hanging out IG and OOG with him.
-Finding two new adventurers who had never been on an adventure ever sitting in the Tavern, explaining it, grabbing Wulfric and Azarel to go on out, expecting a lot of walking, and having one walk right into us. We even got them on a second one that walked right into us. Lucky Charms :)
-During said first Mod, working with a distraught villager over the loss of her dog, vs the crotchety old lady who hired giant rats from a ratkin to patrol her yard, then going back later with the town guard to get rid of the kids tromping her flowers.
-Rescuing a baby from the Goblin king mod. The cabin that was uber trapped was epic as we carefully snuck through after the tripwires were dealt with by Rick, the attempt to convince the goblins to let us through without violence was great RP, and well...Goblin king with the floating ball and *ahem* package was really funny. Maybe, just MAYBE, the Goblins might go for earning shinies instead of dying in the pursuit of them one day.
-Farm Mod! The river is flooding, and we had to collect the crops and the farm animals and keep them from drowning. Vira waylaying the horse, the cow, and then finally Grandma. "She wont leave the house!" "Don't use gasses, just have Vira knock her out." "It does damage!" "You can waylay for zero" "Oh yea!" 10 seconds later, thud, and grandma is being carried to safety. Ivan and Azarel skipping up the hill holding hands (carrying a pumpkin). That was actually a really interesting difficulty style mod of balancing tasks with fighting off the insects with chasing farm animals.
-Tail end of the 6pm bugs: Spellstrike Confine! Spellshield! I grant you the gift of Death! Dodge! Spellstrike Prison! Okay I'm done! (I got spellstrike'd Confined twice this weekend and keep forgetting its a damn Binding spell which I can bane...)
-Undead that were actually rats mod: Really fun and sorta difficult in the dark. The Door has motivation to be a door (I got 3 Tim run mods, Tim is great for story!). Got the kid out first, didnt find undead but we found some pretty hard hitting rats and a wererat to deal with. One NPC had to hug himself (was playing the kid and the father) and it was kinda funny.
-Lots of RP that had Frank's head in his hands repeatedly. The cave of chivalry now has too many funny allegories, poor goblins vs Vira, immortal goats, corporal cuddling our enemies, and lots of funny sarcastic comments on...everything.
-Getting to fight with Vira, Azarel, and Faren next to Morningtide and his team was awesome. Held that line in really rough circumstances, cant wait to do this again and again.
-The Chaos discussion Taylor mentioned. Man thats tough, I can't wait to hear how it works out.
-The "Score!" lots of people got this weekend in terms of magic items, good coin, and formals. Like a geeky part of me ever since I played my first MMO (EQ1) back in the day, I love seeing people get nice stuff. So happy for sooooo many people.
-I now love sleep coated daggers. This may be where the bulk of my coin goes...
-Really interesting story with the Land Bond and what we've been finding out. Like this is kinda cool working with Morningtide and discussing whats going on with that.
-Getting some quality time and RP with the Duchess over a few items, and having some good discussions with the Sheriff over some local issues.
-Got a ton of information and leads on some more RP related stuff I'm really looking forward to.

I loved the theme of this weekend with the rat issue, and finalizing the bug issue (hopefully!). I missed the Goblin/Chaos stuff but the Cabin wanted to go to bed (I heard it was EPIC). I got a lot of story forwarded, got a lot of new story, and had a really really great time roleplaying with all of the PCs.

After game was called, the look on an excited Jesse's face when Briana requested an item tag for goblin tears was epic.

* RIVERVALE! I LARP for many reasons, but time spent with great friends is hands down #1. Rivervale is the best team in the whole wide world!!111!!! The sense of family and helpfulness on the team, IG and OOG, is such a delight to me, as well as the esprit d'corps of that team.
* United Brotherhood of Allied Nobles #415: Speaking of esprit d'corps, I've never been so comfortable and happy with "Team PC Nobles" as the present. Thank you, Juliet, Ray, Mike, Cassie, Cory, and of course Mac for forming the players' union and being such great teammates in this important second team that we're on. Your supportiveness as players and characters both in the recent several weeks in particular are something that I appreciate very much. I'm really happy about this trend of unified cooperation, and I hope we can keep it up! (That's what she said.)
* Corsith Cup bantering with Bayenna! Sorry I lamed out on making the RV banner -- loved yours! Of course I'll make up for it when I make our banner to celebrate THIS YEAR'S VICTORY!! The Sat morning banter outside the cabins Cracked Me Up. Kate, singing: "Rivervale! Rivervale!" Arikaya: "Suuuuuuuuuuuuux!" You guys are the best! I can't wait to find out who won this year!!
* Saturday Morning Bagpipe Wake-up Concert: Thank you, Squire Torin, for being willing to teach Rivervale the value of becoming vertical after the first round of, "Wakie wakie wakie."
* 2 mods Friday night: I rarely mod, and I'm trying to make an active effort to change that. Thanks for letting me be part of the "time traveling dryad" experience on Friday night -- and the Spiritwrack destruction! What a cool setup that was! I was so sure that mod was going to be a real killer. I warned everyone IG about how we might have rezzes, or even a TPK. I LOVED that Jesse as the Marshall let the PCs benefit from ingenuity when Squire Kendrick cast a cleverly timed (and appropriately physrepped/setup) Wizard Lock to help spare the party from further violence. I always expect games to "cheat" the players out of advantage like that to force a fight, and I was so pleased it didn't go that way. I remarked to Siadak on Sunday that I was surprised "how easy" the mod was... Then he reminded me about the Death spells, and the stats, and pointed out how easy it most certainly was not. We had an awesome group that acted efficiently and worked well as a team -- YES! And best of all: We accomplished this awesome, major goal IG... all because of the blacksmith and the mage. I love the chance for a victory based on other than "might makes right!" Lastly, both mods had basically, "Here, have a box of treasure for your efforts" at the end. Loved it. Simple. Straightforward. I care less about just how much it (airquote) "makes sense" and really just appreciated making sure there was some treasure there.
* Tournament: Belswin made this elegant and lovely to watch as a fantastic Master of Ceremonies, especially during Sunday morning's wrestling matches! Thanks for doing a ton of work, Shane, and clearly doing much onstage and offstage to make this fun for other people. That was a lovely gift that you made to the whole game. You're great! TIATAR: Thank you for providing such a lovely pavilion 2 years in a row, and being so gracious as to share your hospitality with others. CRAFTSMEN: I so enjoyed seeing all the really exquisite craftmanship that went into the presentations for those competitions. There were some gorgeous pieces including Andrew's code, that cool framed runic piece, Mary/Briar's gorgeously knit shawl, Bobby/Connor's exquisitely tooled red leather belt for Kendrick, Chris/Torin's beadwork on the necklaces and hatbands -- and of course the 22 dolls that Fernash has been making since last April which positively stole the show this whole weekend! Rose, your attention to detail and characterization is amazing. That, also, was a lovely gift to everyone who interacted with those, and especially those to whom you so kindly bestowed the gift of the dollies themselves. I love mine! The whole thing was hysterical. Thank you! WRESTLERS: ZOMG. Thank you for suspending the real competition for awhile to put on a great show for the whole game. You're excellent entertainers! I nearly peed myself when Eldred bust into it all!
* Chieftain Skagrack and the Skullhammers: I have consistently enjoyed every interaction with these characters since the very first Alliance event 2 years ago. I LOVED that Plot was willing to introduce contradiction to the 50 dryads and 30 goblins who think it's great that Acarthia is moving into the Howling Woods. I LOVE the very subtle and genuine moral quandary this presents to my character. A monarchist must, by default, also support imperialism, and yet -- the Skullhammers make a really good point, and are themselves proved to be honorable people. This is excellent story. Thank you!
* Ray: Thanks for everything. It'd be weird to encapsulate all the lovely moments with you this weekend, both IG and OOG, but know that I'm conscious of everything you do for me -- again both IG and OOG -- and I think you're just a lovely human being. Thank you for all of it. :)

Trace

• Getting to talk to Misty about Biata stuff for the first hour of the event set a great tone, and really added a lot to the understanding of my race, and the pride I have in it!
  • Making new friends all around, and getting to spend time with people from all different allegiances (most with none at all!)
  • My excitement for Lucky Legerdemain started over a month ago when I bought my first actual lockpicks, practiced all month, and devised all the best ways to cheat in every scenario (it's a competition of rogues, why on earth would it all be totally fair). As the time approached it turned into a complete disaster! I bee-lined it straight to the most complicated lock that I was fully confident in being able to tackle in seconds, and was quickly put in my place. Evidently I was not the only one to be unsuccessful with that lock, and I am frankly unsure that anyone was able to pick it. Then with a slightly bruised ego, I moved onto the next hardest ones which also stumped me! I thought the locks were broken, but they turned out to be DOUBLE warded locks (who even knew those existed!?), and thus I had to move on yet again... finally, using a skeleton key I was able to make short work of the remaining locks. As I made short work of most of the traps involved I decided to set my dastardly plan into action and not only bring my ego back, but to take an IG rival out in the process. I applied a Paste of Stickiness to the first most complicated lock (that I was sure his pride would take him to first) and felt at ease knowing that he would spend the next 10 minutes (his full allotted time) "stuck" on the first lock! As I went about my business retrieving coins I had missed I came across one of the smallest boxes that I hastily stuck my thumb into only to find it full of an Oil of Slipperiness. Now, losing the 3 coins due to this hurt enough, but the real pain came after the even when I realized that I had a Poison Shield that I had forgotten about the whole time. After being thoroughly frustrated, and with no other coins to retrieve, I returned to the first lock only to find myself stuck to it.... you read that correctly. In my frustration I had grabbed the lock that I had sabotaged for my competitor. You can only imagine the utter shock and disbelief! Luckily, as prepared as I am, I had an Alchemical Solvent that I had made just the night before, so I wasnt out for too long. My competitor proceeded to do better than me and knock me out of placing. As Ben Franklin so eloquently said, "The devil wipes his breech with poor folks' pride."
  • Getting second place in the Amateur Craftsman competition was a HUGE spirit lifter after repeated poor showings in the games. After seeing what won first, it absolutely deserved it!
  • I also enjoyed getting to know Ivan better and spending a large portion of the weekend with him, we had plenty of good conversations. Things are rarely dull around Gypsies!
  • Also, I found out that a bunch of my favorite people live in the springs and even host a weekly tabletop game!

• I had a Poison Shield that I had forgotten about the whole time.
Doesn't work. :) There was a clarification on that...coatings are super special and somehow bypass it.

• Admit missed the Pages but had a wonderful time.
  • First finding a pick up group that turned out to be all Lamplight Guild Members.
  • Watching the groups/individuals take on Archery. Actually Placing Second in Team but Just Shocked as The Baroness kicked out amazing shots earning her 24 points and placing 3rd for best individual score on teams.
  • Tying with Sions for Second place in the Bard Competition when Frigg cant hold a tune!
  • Laughing as we were watching Rah Rah in the mages battle! Dance Off!
  • Trying to Get behind the decimation of the ORC tribe. That may or may not have used necromancy before being invaded. Hearing people describe Orcs but not sure what kind because it was so dark. Hearing all the conflicting stories about the Tribe. Yep Frigg was not too happy for a while, and sadly still lost for the truth.
  • Helping out in the Kitchens and OMG the Pretzels, Pickles on a stick, and that APPLE COBBLER!!! Thank you so Much JACK and JEN!
  • Watching people get drunk off Chicken on a stick!
  • The QUEEN fight! Though took a few good hits and was knocked down twice, definably retaliated and did a few back as well. Even had fun filling in the gap as the shields would drop back, then having a bug come at me just as the shield moved back into position! Almost losing my Fangs as a bug as they came in for the kill while I was trying to pocket them. So far this had been my favorite Fight! Loved the PROPs for the Bugs!
  • AND the amazing Dolls made for the Arts and Crafts! The GIRLS LOVED THEIRS!

Last edited:
Wow what a great game thanks NPCs again :)

Friday:
  • Damn it is cold out, I just came from 90 degree weather all week in Pueblo, where did the heat go?
  • Ohh the funny sh*t that comes from mixing Warchester and Belswin for the weekend.
  • Sadly I kept hearing things getting attacked at night that night but because of my sprained ankle by the time I walked over it was already dead :(
  • When we were trying to sleep and these bugs had the nerve to knock down our door with their monster strength... How rude.
Saturday
  • I woke up early and met up with another early riser Faren and was able to walk around with him finding mod cards. It was a lovely stroll and nice having company in the morning.
  • Then a group of us went up on a couple of Mods. That was a lot of fun, but man do they put MWE in awkward situation. Viran ended up getting Goblin tears, I just do not want to know.
  • When we got back we ate lunch and then went exploreing to find some mods and some bug caves, but no bug caves :( We went to try in get ale at the tavern next but sadly it was closed we decided to go back to our cabin where we have lots of ale and it is free. We chilled there until a deceased wolf came up at the same time as Lumi sister. After we killed the wolf multiple times, it finally stayed dead. Then we got to talk to Lumi's sister, she is nice and it was funny hearing about the racist horse.
  • Next headed up back up to town, that is when we discovered that they forgot to put out the bug cave cards, Jesse fixed it though, yeah!
  • Then watching my Fynn try his hand and lockpicking and trapping was cool. He thought he missed it while we were out trying to the bug cave, but he was able to make it :) He did such a good job for his first time.
  • After dinner I split off with Warchester to compete in my event which was the bardic event. It was cool to watch everyone, we have such a talent group of people. Then the coolest thing happen literally when I was up next Warchester was walking in from their bug cave mod, yeah!! I called them over and they were able to cheer me on, so great to have them as a cheering squad. I did my belly dancing even though I was soo worried because of my sprained ankle and belly dance requires a lot of ankle movement and I was not able to practice a head of time because of it. But then I was able to get first in the individual category and get my first magic item I earned. A cool warding ring!!
  • Man I was beat and so half of Warchester decided to hit the sack early. We had girls sleep over with just Lumi, Belswin and me. We did not get to sleep as early as I excepted because of the girly talk that was fabulous. Sadly though we apparently almost let Sir Osborn die...oops sorry Osborn we love ya, we did not realize you tried to fight them all alone. Next time just stay in bed with us :)
Sunday
  • Woke up early again and walked around trying to find mod cards or spell components, good news I found 2 spell components that we needed, yeah. Then I went back to the tavern for some fruit and water.
  • Then went on a walk with Griff and Ivan which was fun but did not discover anything.
  • The rest of Sunday was basically Warchester just chilling and roleplaying some funny sh*t while waiting for the Sunday town battle. Including me trying to get a healing task done and which was finding out what would help people rez. I got some interesting answer including answer which should be on dating site (like cup size), ale, unicorns and I do not want to talk about because it is doctor patient confidential.
  • Then while waiting in line, I saw Simon, with the red flower. I have been trying to join the Order of Entertainers group for a couple of events now and they said if I proved myself in the Bardic event I could get an invite and I did yeah! So expect to hear more things about it coming soon :)
  • The Sunday battle was soo much fun. I got my first enhancement so I was throwing 6 magic, I oohh my gosh did I feel soo powerful. I was throwing soo many arrows, I need to make more packets. I could not believe how many times I hit some of the bugs and them staying up! They had a lot of hit points and it was fun to hit a bug that look a awfully alot like Jax.
  • And last but not least Fynn and me are now officially apart of Warchester, yeah! Love you guys :)

Last edited:
I had a really amazing event, and got a ton of stuff to do with story!

-The "Oh sheet" button being hit in my first fight of the weekend, as Calidan went down to an Eviserate, Vira carrying him back, and tanking a swinging for 10's Necro Scorpion.

Thanks again for saving my bacon!

So many wonderful moments at this event. Right now I only have a few to mention:
  • Shane (playing Belswin). You did such an AMAZING job organizing, running and MCing the Tournament. I can't believe how patient, organized and effective you were at virtually every part of it. So well done.
  • Scions... your competitive spirit, strategy, and enthusiasm at such a joy to be a part of. Thanks for being so awesome.
  • Brom, Abtus & Darion... thanks for being part of our trip to the mines. It took every single one of us doing our part to come out of there without any deaths (or worse).
There are so many others... but the brain is still stunned...

Oh yes: Convos with Deathcap... those were great!

As a long term NPC, This last event was both terrifying and exilirating for me.
- Submitting and marshaling/running an encounter module
- Nearly having a group of players accidentaly turn bandit
- having coin in my pocket that was not intended to be handed off to a player when I was killed
- Having a weapon tag attached to a weapon
- wearing the same costume for more then 4 hours
- having actual conversations where players knew who I was, and actually cared who I was

I may have been contaminated into wanting to be a full PC more, but I'll have to let this character play out a bit first

- Cooler weather (at least Friday and Saturday nights anyway)
- Hanging out and getting intoxicated/hallucinated with the mage's guild! Always a good time with delicious snacks and hilarious RP
- Getting my new fiery sword made by Aneira. Thanks to Trace for the awesome tape job, it looks great
- Knowing right away that we should trust the goblins and their shining path and sure enough...
- Modding Saturday morning with Warchester and friends. Drank an intoxicate during the mod so that Veera could use the vial to collect goblin tears
- Despite walking more at this event than probably any other I got to find some new paths and see parts of the site that I had not seen before
- Cheese and charcuterie with Rivervale for dinner on Saturday night was fabulous, thanks so much for sharing
- Belswin staying with Warchester was great, and while we didn't see much of him because of his obligations to the tournament, I enjoyed having him stay with us
- Getting to meet Lumi's sister and the story of the racist horse
- Chaos elemental battle and getting turned undead immediately at the start of the fight and watching the reaction when other players realized I wasn't just berserk
- Sparring with Jay's chaos elemental after the battle was over
- Getting back from modding in time to watch Ember's dance and the Scion's dwarven drinking song
- Exhausted yet hilarious RP on Sunday morning with Ivan, Griff, Lumi, and Ember
- Final bug fight, especially getting to watch Lumi and Ember wreck some bugs while I just stood in the way, and watching lots of hard work, practice and team building paying dividends

Last edited:
So this event had a couple moments for me as I worked through being a PC, PNPC and attempting to direct a mod and learning lessons from it.

Friday Night:
- That last minute customer as Conall trying to close up for the night while I was mid transition to Radulfr, 11:07pm.
*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*
Conall: We're closed... we closed at 11 bells..."
Voice from behind the door: Please I need weapons! I need a short sword and a longsword! Mine have been destroy by bugs.
Conall: We're supposed to be closed... but let me see what I can do.
- The Undead scorpion attack! That was scary. The fast killing blow count down was a bit off putting, but turning to run for my life as I my armor was claimed was an experience I will not soon forget. My toe wasn't too happy with me after that as I did run for my life in the moment. (Last Saturday I either sprained or broke my toe but haven't been in much pain so I figured I'd be fine.)
- Pre-Spritwrack quest - The number of people warning me not to go and showing concern for Radulfr was amazing. The concerns laid out and finding that the group had already organized to make sure we were covered was awesome. Good role play moments all around and solid warm fuzzies to be sure.
- The Spiritwrack quest! OMG that was amazing! Dame Katherine, Squire Brom, Squire Kendrick, Squire Wolsey, Baron Darrius, Squire Ri, and Squire Noah, good grief the organization and strike tactics were a sight to behold! The undead were unrelenting and the role play was fantastic! Glad to hear Doomhammer is at rest. I know this has been a long running mod and I'm so glad that I was able to take part in it! I felt immersed in the moment and could almost smell the blood of comrades and the minerals of the mined caves of the old anvil. I was so worried that just being a blacksmith would not be enough, but trading blows with Doomhammer to finish off the accursed item was such an awesome ritual for it's destruction!
- The role play AFTER destroying Spiritwrack, Learning of the Black dragon, getting it's name, and the different things that Radulfr learned of possibly upsetting a Black Dragon were all very intense. Radulfr might just hide in a dungeon in where he is going and conduct business from there under an alias to try to protest the area from any potential backlash, real or not.

Saturday:
- QUICHE!!! I will always be happy about Quiche!
- Somehow winding up in the Team Archery Contest and taking second place as a team. It's been more then 18 years since I held a bow and the lessons that came back quickly were interesting to work with. Makes me want to pick up target shooting again.
- Business at the Merchants Guild! I don't think I've seen the place that busy in a long time! I think the silent auction went rather well and I loved seeing so many people come in to check on the terms of membership, the Merchant Guard organization, and in general the role play that came with people learning about it. I think the Job board has become a permanent fixture, now to execute better, which was partly my fault, we were supposed to have tacked up the jobs for the weekend and once again forgot to have them done up before we came to game. My fault as I held us up 2 hours leaving past when I wanted to depart in getting prepared to run my first mod.
- Directing my first mod. The ideas sprung from something that Silver had suggested and then I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about it. From the one mod came several and I'm glad to hear that my sloppy directing didn't kill the mod for the PCs involved. I had things planned out ahead of time for everyone but myself. I didn't have my own speeches and information scripted to a point I could explain the mechanics well enough and I felt the mod suffered a little for it. Instead it sounds like the goofs and missing information led to good moments so I'm glad it worked out. "DO YOU CONSENT TO PHYSICAL ROLE PLAY!" *WHINY RESPONSE* "I'LL TAKE THAT AS A YES!" *A flash of red and purple appears to be piggy backing the horse for a bit from a distance (Not the racist Humans for Humanity Horse... the Cowden's Horse :p)* I was laughing so hard from that I nearly forgot I wasn't PCing. I'm sad that certain parts of the mod did not run, but at the same time, the PCs that came were very organized and efficient at dealing with the situations presented and I couldn't be more pleased with how it all turned out. No chickens do not run that fast in flooding water and again poor direction on my part. There was a misunderstanding from the "Direction Card" I handed over and I should have clarified. Poor Granny! She was so confused to be looking for things in her house one moment and then outside waking up as her house washed away the next. I'd like to thank the NPCs that came and assisted with the Mod. I know that you were tired, but the energy you poured into the mod really helped it to succeed! Thank you! I know I still owe one of you a drink for making you wear the pink dress to rep the pig. And thank you to the PCs that came along and understood as we worked through my first mod and learning experience. Thank you Dani for marshaling my insanity! And lastly, thank you Jesse, David, and Dani for letting me run the monstrosity I submitted. I was rather certain when I submitted 17 pages of mod (wish I was joking) that there would be major tweaks and it would not be something that would run till next year about this time. I think letting me direct it and see what I was doing was a great lesson, very fun and educational. It takes a lot of trust to let someone do that and I appreciate the trust you showed in me. I hope to take the lessons moving forward and apply them to future mods!
- Saturday's Bug Wave fight! Running up the hill to the Merchants Guild as Conall screaming "BUGS!! BUGS!!!" at the top of my lungs was rather fun. Wish I had been able to find my small weapons to try to assist in the battle, but refitting was just as fun and needed. Sorry to those that thought the human had a 30 second refit. Conall and Radulfr are two very different people.
- Coming back from the wave fight to change into being Radulfr at the Merchants Guild and having interactions with PCs while both. I had gone back behind the curtain to "wake" Radulfr while being asked questions and having to try to balance the two, maintain proper accents and speech patterns was a fun challenge. I'm just hoping people don't think I'm crazy for talking to myself and others as two people in the same conversation. :p
- Hearing the joyous cries as Abtus took the position of Guild Master of Lamplight, not sure if it was for the change or for the round of drinks (Next time we'll let the tavern announce the rounds I think, sorry Jack and Fae T_T), but regardless, I'm glad that the guild will have a strong leader that has a more solid presence in the community then I had as Radulfr.
- Solid role play with Lucian and Abtus at dinner time sharing moments and talking more about what it is to be a Wolf-kin. I love working through the minor intricacies and instincts, I am sad that I won't be there for a while to continue those. Abtus, you better take care of my Pack Mate while I'm gone!
- The trip back down to Lucky Circle and the talks that took place on the way.

Sunday:
- It was nice to relax and take a shift at the Merchants Guild as Radulfr. I think walking in and assisting Roland with various tasks and pricing was a lot of fun. I understand no one may be keen on using a strengthened silvered long hammer, but the coin made on selling it to the merchants guild, good grief. Glad he was a member.
- Ending my shift at the Merchants guild with another High Role Play moment. The time and energy spent in making the back story for Lucian grow and evolve has been SO MUCH FUN to watch as it unfolds. Being there in those moments and trying to help him reason through them have been some of the deepest role play moments I've had in a while. I love being involved in them and it's great to see how they reflect back on my own thoughts for my character and portrayal of a wolf-kin. For sure, I am lacking in my representation some and I hope to correct that in the future when you see Radulfr more.
- The final battle and being assigned to the Duchess as a War Buddy. The worries and thoughts going through Radulfr's head up to the point she said I should go forward and refit and help. I still kept looking back to ensure she was fine, not like she was going anywhere from within her circle of power, but still, War Buddy! The refits and the near endless line. The Bugs that saw a blacksmith having the nerve to SIT on a battle field and perform refits and taking matters into their hands to show why that was a bad idea. The surprised expression when I started my count over again because the person I was refitting had been hit added a tense moment to the fight and a look of fright. It's the little things, you know?

All in all an excellent weekend and I'm glad that I was there for it as a PC for most of it. I'm saddened that I'll not be able to don the mask of Radulfr for a while, but in the end things will be better in the long run, I assure you all.

Thank you EVERYONE for a great and memorable game!

Last edited:
  • The tourney. While there are somethings that make it challenging and exhausting to bring in a team each year, I LOVE competing with my scion brethren. 3v3 was amazing, mostly because my stat card was so bad for it. Bardic, Will did an amazing job writing the dwarven drinking song with Jeff's help. Came together much better than I would have guessed. And the strategy on the relay race was so much fun to implement even if Torin outran all of us. He's a beast. I also really want to thank all of our competitors. Tiatar once again showed us how to compete with class and grace. Lamplight coming in with a team at the last minute. And Bayenna, who made us fight through all 9 events against them. Thank you to all the competitors.
  • ALMOST committing burglary and murder in the name of some shady merchant. He brought us out to kill some bandits that took his wagon. We were at first going to murderhobo the people that took it, but at the last minute decided to talk with them instead. Glad we did as it was actually their wagon he was trying to rob. Anyway, ended up beating him down and committing assault on some poor member of the Acarthian Thieves Guild. Really wish I had a noble around so he could have been arrested, but oh well.
  • Spiritwrack destruction - What a great time. Not only did it feel like I was working with professionals, the fights were challenging but manageable. The additional information with the dwarf lore at the very end was satisfying as well.
  • Mage Guild Thesis - So nervous. That style of writing isn't really my expertise. Still the roleplay I think turned out great. Anders and Aneira KILLED it during their defense. Only bummer thing was all the interruptions and how small the mages guild really is.
  • Mage Guild Task - I only got involved about halfway through since I was busy with the tourney. We had a fight against...maybe 20+ rust monsters, all destroying our weapons, shields and armor. It would have been a run away situation if Wolsey hadn't been there with his indestructible sword. Super fun adventure with a good payoff of several months work.
  • Going berserk on Parzivel. I took an elixer that made me besererk and I tried to kill Parzivel but luckily they had already taken my weapons. Ended up wrestling (more me trying to wrestle and him holding me and laughing).
  • Late night snackie time with RV. I have missed it and it was so enjoyable. Even if we did get interrupted rudely by some orcs on saturday night. Still, I love my team and they are all amazing. :)
  • Last bug fight. So much fun and well balanced. One of the better town battles I have been in recently. Right flank held together so well and it was fun looking for all the celestial boom magic I could find to have a dirty earth caster take down the queen with a prison.
  • Roleplay time with Brennen trying to convince him to go celestial mage with read magic. I ALMOST had him convinced I think. :)
  • Shiny goblin/chaos portal fight - Totally not expected. The numbers on the character card made it even more crazy but fun. I loved watching Aneira try build a portal so she could set up a wall of force, hilarious.
All in all such a fun weekend, so many good memories.

Back