September event Feedback

jwconvery

Spellsword
I had a lot of fun.
I really appreciate all the new faces coming out to try our game. Obviously it was really hot, which puts a strain on every aspect of the game.
If you had a good time, I would reccomend coming back and having a better time without potential heat exhaustion.

Thank you to all the Plot runners and NPCs who made a wonderful event happen in less than wonderful conditions.

The onion of plot is always revealing new and interesting layers, which I like.

A few standout favorite moments happened for me.

The glow worm mod. I do not Larp for feels. Please no more feels. I think Gideon needs to donate gold to the Order of the Thorn for the protection of glow-worms to help cleanse his spirit.
I can't say it was a fun mod, but it was a really good mod. This mod was made awesome by the NPCs. It's a really rare thing to make a PC care about mindless beings.
Well done crew.
(Please never again. My heart cannot take it)

I enjoyed the various Libraries that were available to investigate. Fun and quick killings and puzzles. I really enjoyed the two I went on. I also like that Plot is seeding various NPCs as known 'go-tos' to turn game skills into coin.

I still think giving up the Midas Transform was the right call. Maybe. We'll see. I enjoyed the dilemma it caused. I loved the ability to use it to help an NPC group and affect the larger world. Really interested to see the fallout of that.

Big credit to the plot team for rolling with the luckiest 'Mist Curse' imaginable. I didn't feel like you were changing things to nerf it's effect much. Well done.

I talked to Thetford a bit after the game, but I want to shout out here as well.
I was able to convince an Npc to help us, in a fairly major way. Just by talking to him. No deal, no payment, no magical/alchemical compulsion. Just the situation is 'X' we are blocked by 'Y'
From my end, the whole conversation was to set up the potential for help later. As a player I was completely surprised when the NPC did it on it's own.
After I thought about it, it made a lot of sense based on who the Npc was, at the time.
It made the NPC more real. And by extension it made every other NPC more real.
I don't think Thetford planned on the NPC coming into town to help in any way. He was actually trying to avenge his own murder a bit.
Simply talking him down from the avenging was a huge win for me. But when the NPC went off to do the extra mile I was really floored.
I know the NPC was a bit one-dimensional at the time, and presumably easily manipulated. I just want to give props to the Plot team for saying, "Yeah we can get the PC's this win, simply from a conversation"

Side note about Shards: this was the first event I used Shards to solve problems. I know all about them on an IG level, but OOG is this how the plot team envisoined their use? I feel like we circumvented some potential 'adventure' but I also really wanted to solve some issues.

To anyone reading this review: Traverse is a good game. The site is terrible, can't get around that, and I don't want to lie to you.
However, the story is really engaging, and the Plot team gives you maximum effort every minute of every event.
If you've been on the fence due to staying in tents, reach out on the boards, people will help you out and it's worth the drive.

-Joe

I was only with you folks for a good 10 hours or so, but it was still just as delightful as my first event last month. ^_^ Other than the hacking up a lung that resulted right before I left for other lands. x_X

Loved reuniting with "old" friends and also meeting new adventurers and new NPCs, both in- and out-of-game. If you get a random Facebook friend request that's why. Even though it was a short event for me I still ended up going out on six mods (OMG), not including the various NPC encounters and conversations that just happened in town. Awesome!

I actually really loved the glowworm mod and if I had had more time I would have gone out again with more cohorts, even knowing that Plot would have certainly made it way harder on me the second time around. For Grin to realise that, "Hey, um, I actually have no really useful information whatsoever," was good both from the character development standpoint and from the LARPer-needs-to-start-asking-questions standpoint. And of course Gideon I was awfully glad to have you there to point me in the right direction. Also very glad it turned out I wasn't lying to the glowworm mother when I said her babies would be kept safe... the one that survived the trip anyway.

The Game of Bones mod was my absolute FAVOURITE in spite of being knocked unconscious/dying in excess of six times. Grin's journal will touch on this more.

I'm sure this isn't the same NPC that Joe was talking about, but I do really like the "development" of certain NPCs and how sometimes there were some surprising twists. Also rolling in the light/dark split overarcing plot, there was a real MOMENT where several adventurers including Grin suddenly realised why all their mods were turning out wrong or bad or sometimes deadly. Curse you Dark Fancy! xDD

Thank you once again to the plot team, to all of the NPCs, and also I really want to thank all of you veteran players (whether you're a veteran of one event or many years) who continue to help me get the hang of adventuring, combat, et cetera. If you don't understand how much I appreciate it, you need to understand what a testament it is that I am really shy and awkward in real life for probably weeks at a time after meeting someone, but with everyone's help I really was able to jump in feet first even when it was a bad idea for Grin or I vastly underestimated the difficulty of a task. I never see any *player* made to feel unwanted, or stupid for not knowing something, even if a *character* gets a lot of odd looks or other PCs keep their distance. Already looking forward to October. :)

(I totally LARP for feels. Sorry Gideon.) ;)

Ack. Right in the feels.
I think that about sums up everything.
I have no idea what glowworm thing you are talking about, I'm sad to have missed it.
Thanks Casan for the magic keys... we really would have been there ALL NIGHT.
I'm sad my alchemy box got left at home... I will have fun stuff for you next event Grin. (and anyone else wishing to participate)
I actually used one shots, and threw coin at things... those frogs were rough!
Game of Bones was awesome. Sorry you ate so much dirt Grin. I am a pathetic healer.
I enjoy how strangely connected everything is. And isn't. So hard to tell what's coincidence and what's intentional.

Back