September Favorites!

Aggravain

Squire
Owner
NEPA Staff
Wow.. Huge event with Tons of impact. Please post your favorites and let everyone know what you enjoyed!

You first Kyle.

Will after work

I'll go first. LOL

NPCs you guys worked so hard. It was cold and wet but we all did our best. Thanks for the hard work.

Lich Eitiri!!! OMG that was so much fun. Shouting for Grim and trying to get him to the proscribe. Finally shouting out his FULL name and getting him down there. Sorry for the mind roll Kyle. It was pretty awesome though.

Serena was fun rp. I was so tired Friday night so playing celestial pain was easy. Not to mention slight memory loss. LOL.

The Playwrite. Got some more fun rp. Sam and his epic tall fey. Watching him sit down was amusing.

The crypt trap mod. That was fun even if after it my leg wanted to detach from the hip.

Dwarf new year! So much fun drinking rp! I loved it.

Drunk gas poison anyone? I'm glad you guys had fun with that.

Playing a rouge in the last wave battle. That was pretty fun.

PCs thank you for all the fun rp and fighting. I had a blast the weekend.

Thank you Staff and NPCs!!! Great game as usual!!!

My favs (quasi-chronologically?):

- So at this point I’m pretty comfortable with all or nearly all of the game mechanics, but this weekend made clear how much of the lore and IG info Ket still needs to learn. Staying in a cabin full of characters (and players) with storied histories reminded me that, yep, Ket’s still the FNG. :D

- By now Ket associates the “feeling of magic all around him” to mean that “something with shortly go horribly wrong.” :funny: At least we weren’t lost in time, we just missed our destination a little.

- All of the NPC-future-characters were really cool. Neat plot idea.

- Keeping Ruis awake. “She’s… she’s setting down roots!! WAKE UP LITTLE TREE!”

- Sam and his bucket-feet! He did make for a big target on that lowbie mod though, that was fun.

- Ichor troubles continue; I really had to test my emotional acting skills because Ket felt the full gamut from fear and actively avoiding being physically near Qualin the entire event, to dull discontent and brooding during the first parts of the event, to a sadistic glee when I antagonized him (“How’s your wife?”), back to fear after being dropped by him, to flashes of anger, and all of this building and building until Sunday I just snapped and was actually gonna all-out attack him in front of everyone, if it weren’t for Huleen. Btw, epic Huleen is epic. I was literally in the process of pulling back an arrow to fire at Qualin and I get tackled from behind by one determined Lizardkin. I started struggling free and he Endow-threw me to the ground and stood over me glaring. When I got back up he just dragged me into the Annex where he just stood fuming and I sat down, looked up sheepishly, and closed my eyes to meditate. After a few moments though, I couldn’t help but break character and be like, “DUDE. THAT WAS AWESOME.”
- So when I finally calmed down (using a Resist) I went over to Qualin and started apologizing and he’s just like, “It’s alright. I know.” Being able to be friendly with him made the following hour quite cathartic. That is, until the siege/Lochaber fight. At the least I didn’t need to worry about watching my back constantly for that one.
- I like how Henry is playing the Ichor effect too. It’s a different handling, but then again, Qualin’s a different (and older and wiser) elf than Ket.

- To everyone who gave Ket arrows/coatings/Blade spells: Thank you!

- NPC camp hilarity. Hopping fence is always a good time. Gives me time to clear my head, give my throwing arm a rest, and practice roguing for Ike. Chandra-Kas are AWESOME! “You are KBA and ensure-rez on Chulainn only.” Oh, and apparently Ket slept through multiple people sitting on top of him, a few Vision rituals happening right next to him (apparently?), a ward getting placed on the cabin he was in, and his person and belongings being thrust through time back to 612. Must have been some kind of tired.

- Ru got her tabard! Ulthoc got a new title! I wasn’t gacked by Qualin (Well, I didn’t need to rez)! :)

- The Battle of the Broken Blades :lol: really felt like a siege, I love those ballistae! Also, tactical props to the NPCs, I kept trying to shoot for your casters but you fought smart and protected them! Scary as it was to see Ulthoc fall over at Lochaber’s feet, even worse was the subsequent “Spellstrike Obliterate!” to the body.

- The final Broomis/Lochaber dialogue painted Lochaber in kind of a sympathetic light; he was just trying to protect his country. Welp, too bad he’s a dirty undead bloodsucker who just Obliterated my baron. And then the fight! Wow! “Killing blow one, Killing blow two, Killing blow three PENUMBRA BLADE!” “(something something power of my land) to grant me RETRIBUTION!” A moment of complete silence. And then everyone starts yelling and rushing forward to the bodies, that was funny.

I know there are more, but I'm at work, so yeah. Can't wait till next event!

~Rainbow hair. It's here to stay!!! I was fully intending on keep my hat on the entire event... until Mike V. yanked it off as his Rom. Oh well, so much for that!

~Dwarven New Year. There is something really magical about seeing everyone goof off together in character.

~Casting a ritual and having it flaw so that everything seemed decayed and spoiled--and for Grim to stick a giant banana in her face. While it would have been hilarious without the flaw, it was even better to watch Natalia scolding Grim for forgetting about it.

~Taking out an entire left flank of Galanthians on my own. I haven't been that ballsy in a long time. I've had such a hard time feeling capable of anything lately in or out of game, but somehow I just mustered up the guts to be a little more "sassy." I guess it's the hair.

~The weird "thingy" between Dorian and Larien. Laying it all out for him, and feeling completely lost getting very little response. For her to even THINK about not taking more partners messes with her head, let alone settling down. Boy talks with Ruis, Natalia, Zat, and a few others left Larien more confused than at the start of the event. I guess it will always be awkward, and we'll see where it goes...

~Ruis determining that Larien is made of Rainbows and Snuggles. I can live with that!

~Being a part of a vision ritual and getting an arcane terror at the end of it. That was fun roleplay, but the moment that got me was when people figured out what happened, only to hear Qualin say "That's what happened! I knew she was made of stronger stuff." Wow. Considering Larien figured Qualin hated her for the longest time, that felt damn good.

I probably have more, but those are the big ones!

Since I played him finally I can use the name now (and forever!) What an event I had such a blast thank you NPC's for keeping me moving and thank you to all the PC's for the fun times!

A special thanks to my new team Vangaurd! Awesome times!

Some of my favs:

Sniggling Gypsy! Confine Confine Confide, and no now was the rainbow attack coming.

Dwarven New year!!! Dwarven King "There goes the biggest D*ck in the kingdom" followed by everyone laughing. Ronka "oh i get it its cuz your an A**hole" everyone dies laughing. oh its good to play a "dumb" race.

Being an attack orge "Ronka, No No stay, hey get back here." And when things got bad "Ronka go!" and just going crazy soooo much fun!

The final wave battle. Ronka had no idea who Locaber was. He's a vampire kill it! thank you for the "way to many" life spells everyone casted to get my butt up!

Every now and then plot coming up and telling me "You feel a lot of necromancy coming this way" and ronka begins to twitch! yay racial plot!

Using Cauldron Breaker....and then breaking it....sad face.

Rp with Zat in the healers guild!

Kitchen comedy! thanks Dave, Robb, Miranda, and Brian for making me running the kitchen so much fun in the mornings! ALSO thanks to EVERYONE that pitched in during and after the event! I saw EVERYONE cleaning up and it was fantastic *clap clap clap*

JUICE! when Ronka's rush was getting low all of the vangaurd going in search for Ronka to get fueled up again!

Breaking Kyle during the one wave battle. Ronka is raging out and about to attack anything that moves- Grim "Ronka get contol! come on ronka Control! Ronka (in the Animal voice from the muppets movie) "In control" and Ronka relaxes...kyle gives a pfft sound with a laugh...good times!

As always seeing my friends! You guys are the reason I came back to the game, sure its fun and a way to escape RL but honestly you all are amazing people and mean the world to me! thank you all!

Im sure there are more but for now thats it from me! see everyone in October! YAH YAH!

-Chris
KFE

I know I say it every time but this was one of my favorite events. It was completely awesome and so much good and bad happened to Ruis. Keep up the good work everyone! Thank you, NPCs as always for making everything so awesome and frightening lol.

Now for the ultimate favorites:
-Getting to the future and Ruis being exhausted
-Sharing intoxicates with Caden and Castlebur
-Necro-forge and hearing Ruis name being yelled. First reaction "my dad's here." and book. It took almost all of Nordenn to hold me, with endows and then it was Henry that tackled me down. Epic feisty tree mode activate!
-Finding out Castlebur and Ruis have the same enemies.
-Larien and Natalia. There was so much Romani nonsense with Ruis and boy talk. And deciding that one of Ruis's parents was definitely a Romani.
-Seeing Laguna, paired with the intoxicates of dwarf new year. Perfect. "Laguna are you married?!" "No Ruis..."
-Everyone trying to keep Ruis awake in the future and the terrifying moment when I fell asleep on the rock and entangled too.
-Prison holding Chulainn through the nightmare creatures. Best use of strength ever
-Getting my Nordenn colors! Finally! With my BARON!
-Seeing Gulak die, happiness for Ru
-Ruis going into overdrive mode when she was unsure if Ulthoc was perming or not: bind, bind, bind, bind, bind. Everything dead? Good. And then Earth Storming with Natalia and hitting Lochabar at least once.
-Finally and most importantly, all things that were Tinder this weekend.Aaron freaking Bonito you are my hero and I love being awkwardly awesome with you. Ruis has been waiting two months to figure things out and everything that was awkward and cuteness happened. It was excellent and sad when she found out she probably only has about 20 years of being awake left. Nothing made her smile more except when he pulled her to the side and promised to try and figure something out.

But I think that's all and like I said keep everything going this event was beyond awesome!

FAVORITES! AHHHH! In no particular order.......

1. Walking behind enemy lines on Friday night and waylaying three people right in a row. STILL my most useful skill, and I'm a fighter.
2. The return of Nathan Westwind! Having Nathan the Battle Wizard back on the field was terrific. Armed with more elemental magic and protective spells than you could know what to do with, having the ex-guildmaster back in action was a delight. Oh, and it was neat to see Robb, too. ;)
3. The totally unforeseen knighting of Garathon Von Storm. A. Bout. Frakkin'. Time! :noway:
4. What shall affectionately be known as "The New Breakfast Club." We had such a blast on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. Everyone worked hard and told ridiculous jokes, and I understand the food turned out well too! :thumbsup: Thank you so much to Chris, Robb, Brian, Miranda, Heidi, Ken, Nicole, and anyone else who helped whom I might have missed while cooking eggs and having battle-flirts (that's right, new word) with Chris over the stove top. :funny:
5. Ladies and Gentlemen, the archery teacher is back in town. Apparently some people have faith in Khorwyn's aim, because I got handed vorpal quivers left and right! Firing them from my Earth Bow made for one sick undead cannon. And when I got to lay out about half a dozen Galanthians with one arrow a piece? I felt pretty badass. :whistle:
6. The legitimate fear I felt when hearing the howls of the Chandra-Kas (sp?) erupt from the mist-filled darkness on Saturday night. There Khorwyn and Nathan were, just sitting by the fire, thinking about having a song, when OHMYGODWHATWASTHATITHINKTHEY'REEVERYWHEREWENEEDTORUNNNNNNN. Awesome job, NPC's. Awesome :shock:
7. My role-played fear while being chased all over the site by Angel's Chandra-Ka. Poor girl couldn't keep from laughing. Khorwyn is kind of a sissy when he gets hit with an Arcane Fear, okay? :oops:
8. Getting to design "veins" with which to string up Future Supek. A little rope, red and blue make-up, and a sprinkle of Kool-Aid (for a delicious aroma) and we had some gross bondage going on in that basement.
9. Going toe-to-toe with Lochaber a few times. Even though I never stood a chance, it still felt nice to sink a few Earth arrows into him. :cool:
10. Rolling with Andros in our usual sneaky buddy fashion. Taking out a ballista together while the rest of the battle raged on down the field was good fun.
11. Ash Forest's hot, mulled apple cider. The perfect beverage for a cold night in Fairdale.

And then there was my least favorite moment of the weekend when my boots practically exploded during the battle at Storm's End. Thankfully I wore thick, comfy socks that day. :grrr: Sorry that I had to leave a bit earlier than most, but thankfully I did manage to catch the final showdown between Broomis and Lochaber. Very very cool, gentlemen! Here's to one more awesome HQ event this season. I look forward to seeing you all there!

- Dave E.

If there was ever a way to "win" this game, I feel like I did. I had some mixed feelings about playing Duchess Ezri, primarily worrying that I'd steal other people's thunder. I hope I managed to avoid that, and do what an NPC should do - help provide the story and cool moments for other people.

The reception I got from the PCs was amazing. From Garathon's "well, that's an Ashbury tabard, and I'm pretty sure that's a white belt..." to Grim's "Oh Sh**." I can't thank you all enough.

I want to get into some of the amazing things I saw other people do (in no particular order):

1. All things Sam Owens. From the Altgraf of awesome, to knocking out Galanthians like dominoes, it was amazing to watch you. You've grown in this game so much in such a short time, and continue to impress me. Seriously, did you see this guy? *bonk bonk bonk bonk*

2. Speaking of people taking out an entire line of Galanthians, Holy Rainbows Larien! Sneaky + jingly = sningly. I don't know how you managed to jingle your way up behind a line of fighters, but damn they never knew what hit em!

3. SIR Garathon! I meant it when I said it was about damn time. Welcome to the peerage bro. Now you need to find a different BBG to piss off to get your obliterate attempt. It's a rite of passage apparently ;)

4. Henry-Freaking-Hart. Ducal Jester extraordinaire, rogue-tag expert, insane ritual caster and all around awesome. I can't remember the last time I saw Qualin that energetic. It was kind of amazing.

5. Mouse and Simon... I feel like I need to mention you two together because there was hardly a moment where one or both of you wasn't by my side - even when I had ordered you not to. ;) I don't quite know what Ezri ever did to earn the love, loyalty and valor you two display, but I am eternally grateful for it. I am also grateful for "grown up larping." Good food, comfy room and good times. Watching the two of you take charge over the Cursed Crypt issue was amazing. Good job.

6. Sleepy little tree! Roleplaying a constant state sleepy wouldn't be hard for some at a larp event, but for a person with as much oomph as you, that couldn't have been an easy task. So cute.

7. Where is the gorbe? *surprised face* You mean YOU don't have him? Sorry Frank, between the dark and the fog and the confusion, we lost track of where you got dragged off to. You took it like a champ though.

8. Private (and not so private) roleplay with Lana as Jacelyn. Man was it ever fun watching the PC's faces trying to figure out why on earth Ezri would follow you. I don't know how many of you got to hear the conversation in the circle.

9. Toddo as Broomis. For those of you who don't know his backstory, ask around in-game. Watching him progress over the last 5 years has been intriguing. And thank you for the incredible honor and responsibility that only two other people saw. That means a lot to Ezri. I will miss him. Return with your shield or on it.

10. All things Ulthoc. Knowing the answer to the Million Dollar Question, deep conversations about what it's like to live a century without people you love, and sucking up an oblit like a sponge. Thanks Toddo for the idea of having him wake up from his resurrection fully armored. Why didn't I ever think of that?

11. Grim... just. Sometimes you make me shake my head, but you are all up in everything, getting the most out of this game. "So hey, do you have a whispering wind? We need to get a message to somebody..."

12. Scott as Lochaber. Many of the people playing today don't know all the backstory of this character, just that he's a badass vampire. But he was so much more than that. Some of you saw him call upon the land bond in the final encounter. In case you don't know how those work, you can only do that if you have the support of the PEOPLE of your lands. He was as much a protector of Galanthians (in his own twisted way) as Broomis was of Icenia. Scott gave this character such a personality, and such depth, that despite everything, Ezri just couldn't hate him - she feared him, felt sadness for his loss, and even respected him, and she hated what he was, but she didn't hate the man. Had he not been a stinking undead, we could have sat down for tea and waxed philosophical for days. Thank you Scott.

Ok here's the favorites list. Its long. Cause this event was epic. these are in no order and I know stuffs missing

1.Ronka.. our own version of animal. Chris we are lucky to have you man. You fit seamlessly into what we do and you get the heart of it. Thats awesome. Your a great roleplayer and bust your keister in combat. Thanks man..also make me bust out laughing.
2. Traver going Apesh*t on galanthians. How many shatters and destroys and whatever else.. denial caster says EFF NO TO YOU ALL.
3. CHulainn and the chandrukar. Wow.. 20 minutes with no help from town.. Chulainn getting arcane mind effed the whole time.. and like 4 of us versus a wave battle. Intense. awesome rp. Smart combat when stuff hit the fan. Balls, huleen, traver and ruis and tinder well done.
4. Larien Sningles.. seriously just.. WOW.. theres the potential we saw hehe
5. the Black and scarlets.. aka future vanguard.. how amazingly impactful that whole scene was on Grim. Grims always ptting faith and etc in others but never in himself. when a whole group like that keeps the traditions and such taught to them for so long.. that was heavy..
6. The Necro forges.... We have been fighting these damn things forever.. Lochabers down.. once this wars over.. hadly and crew.. we comin for your side burn havin *** and im bringing a buncha people who are decent throwers...cause dwarves cant toss
7. All the pieces to the puzzle. Gathering all the tidbits of what needs to change.. and making one big promise.. ( caught on video)..Grim's got a plan
8. The undead pcs from the forge.. the roleplay.. killing grims sister.. the middle name..
9. The DINNER.... wow.. Josh thanks for running Logistics thsi event. Roleplaying over dinner was huge.. from Laguna.. to giving the team permission to remove our colors so we could drink.. to Kelenor and dwarven new year... to FLINT AND FERA'S DAUGHTER and all the mind effery she revealed... intense... Also Grim still wants to be a gryphon rider. (ba dump ching)
10. Some closure with the Troll storyline. Was needed and added a weight to the event.
11. The stormblades I effing love those guys. Also talking people out of just whacking darkan in the past (present) when we returned. Awesome times and love that they stay true
12. Chulainn. med forged and still scary as hell.
13. Making the choice to stay and guard. The way we took it the final fight was an elite kinda thing.. we were completely drained of everything and thought we'd be a liability and instead opted to stay and defend the town should stuff go wrong as galanthains like to send groups after bigger battles. We missed the big throw down.. but at the same time. The people are what we are here for.
14. The vanguard... guys in and out of game you are awesome.. from jokes and then intense combat.. you are all awesome. I love that we let ourselves be ourselves and each character just fits.
15. Ezri ... So much effing pride in that character. She is the only one aside the team that kinda gets Grim and realizes who he really is.. hell he just found out this event. Granted Ulthocs known a while. Its awesome watching her grow.
16. Mouse... your face when Grim gave you Valor to use was awesome.
17. Huleen and balls... you guys are awesome. just awesome.
18. Grim getting pretty much sat down by the team and them telling him what he needed to hear... then the talks with Ulthoc and Nevin and crying at the self revelation ( yeah he teared up wanna fight?)
19. Watching huleen make Ketemycos his lil elven chew toy..down elf.. stay
20. Garathon getting knighted. Bout damn time.
21. finally having a little bro time with ulthoc
22. So much knowledge so little time..
23. Dropping the plot easter egg on ezri and ulthoc.... So sad grim couldnt tell the king.. ah well always the spirit farewell!
24. Sam Owens. Sir from the day we talked at Philly comic con till now I have been impressed by your energy and dedication. You sir make the game better

There's a metric eff ton more but this is what I got.. thanks npcs and pcs and plot writers and team.. this was just.. wow.

25. OHHH OHH The vanguard old and new circle of power and then falling on the blade. Grim has made no bones about sacrificing himself for the people. Old or new.. and if it saves lives its worth it.... thank goodness it worked.. ballsy but it worked..
26. QUALIN!!!!!!!!!!!! all of him. Oh and FYI... grim kept his word...
27. ezri.....can one group make a difference?

I had a busy weekend with a lot of favorites...

NPC's! You guys are awesome and seemingly tireless. Thanks for all the hard work!

Alex Koziak, you kicked my butt all weekend.

Dave D, Collin, Angel, Chad, Lanna and others for all the help with setup, makeup, hooking plot, marshaling and everything else you guys did to make all of my mods/encounters run as smoothly as possible. I thought everything worked out great and you guys were a HUGE part of that!

Getting to roll out the Altgraf. I was so excited about the bucket shoes, keeping them under wraps was difficult :D

Nordenn. Rolling with you guys was an amazing time, I thought we all worked really well as a team.

Baron Ulthoc, eats an oblit then gets right back up and back into the fray.

Necro forge mod, always a good time.

Toddo V Scott Wrestling. I think something was happening IG too but I was too busy laughing/cheering to notice :D

The giant seige battle was a lot of fun, the ballista might not be too effective, but they add a lot of great atmosphere!

Josh - You did an awesome job running logistics!

Makeshift kitchen. I ate food when I was used to eating food. Said food tasted good. Thanks guys!

Tom/Shiela/Tracy/Patrick The caravaning to and from game was fun. It's nice to have other folks nearby so I didn't have to drive up alone!

Henry - You're always setting the bar for RP very high. Thanks for constantly being there to be awesome, your seemingly endless supply of energy motivates me when I get tired at an event!

Getting to witness a ritual being cast for the first time. Also my second, third, fourth and fifth times. Boy did I watch a lot of rituals this event. It was a cool moment when the one was being cast in the Nordenn cabin while undead were pounding on the windows.

Amy - Great RP all weekend. I'm frequently amazed at Larien's patience :D

Running around while Fear'ed with Korwyn during the Shadra'Kas encounter. We ran around by the lower cabin with no other NPC or PC in sight screaming and running around. Finally settling in a cabin with the lights on only to freakout again because there were shadows under the bed. Good times!

Vanguard - I was happy that there were no (visible) hard feelings. Was awesome getting to spend time RPing or Fighting with/alongside you guys.

All of the 'future' versions of people's various PC's that I got to see/interact with. I thought that added a nice touch to the dystopian future.

Ket asked me Sunday why people called Dorian "Triple Step" I was glad that I got to have a couple moments to show him on Sunday :D

There were so many awesome moments, I'm sure I'm forgetting a ton. Thanks everybody for making this a very memorable event. I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

I can't remember the last time I was able to get involved with much plot due to my health. But this weekend ........
1-My tooth stopped hurting long enough to eat real food Sat night
2-I actually got to do plot in such a way it will be fun for many for a long while.
3- I was able to do something other then be in the guild chair.
4-Actual moments of cool stress problem solving and being able to involve many.
5-I got to ******* run
6-The weekend got me so juiced I am going to write adventures again.
7-I GOT TO RUN AND LEAVE THE DAMN CHAIR!
8-I was actually down to 1cure light wounds in all of my healing before the final battle.
9-Doing breakfast was a blast love the crew!
10- I GOT TO Run even though by Sunday my feet were covered [like glitter] in poision ivy. Hence why My glove was off so much HEEEEE HEEEEE

Favorites from a resident cumudgeon:

1) Dodging practice!
2) Arrow Blocking for the Sheriff. I likes me some exercise.
3) Getting at least a couple of second of one on one with Colin after stalking him around the field.
4) Random rift group to get the go home focus. Nice job everyone who went...we were literally thrown together.
5) Taking notes! Yay for having a book....I feel like a real larper now!
6) Adult LARPing and the comforts it brings! I love this team I am playing with!
7) A certain line I heard Qualin say about my character.

Hey, by the way, I think I left a rain cloak in the common room if anyone found a rain resistant sleeved job please let me know so I can get it in October. See you all then.
Joe S.

Khorwyn Brey said:
7. My role-played fear while being chased all over the site by Angel's Chandra-Ka. Poor girl couldn't keep from laughing. Khorwyn is kind of a sissy when he gets hit with an Arcane Fear, okay? :oops:

LMAO OMG you nearly killed me. Like the touch of standing outside the door waiting for you to come out???

Ohhhh boy... SO MANY FAVORITES! I mean, this is kinda auto favorite since it was my bday weekend, BUT STILL. **** went down.

-NPC's and PC's were freakin boss this weekend. Just saying
-Being a Panda-kin. I love pandas. Oh, and talking like Corban's mother from 5th element as her accent. Dammit Miranda.
-Zombie apocalpyse and running away from them. Especially hiding in the Healers guild with Heidi and the shenanigans that happened haha!
-Story time with the Vanguard around the fire. Oh Sir Thomas...
-Dwarven drunken time. Homg I'm not sure I've laughed that hard in a while.
-Being a gryhpon. I WISH I COULD REALLY FLY!
-20th lvl Earth caster in final battle. I mean, granted, it painted a GIANT FREAKIN TARGET on me, but it was SO COOL. I loved running around picking people up while trying (and failing) to run away.
-Finally getting to be a dryad! And screaming. Though, I do feel bad for deafening Dave a bit. Oopsie?
-That my buddy Alicia had a PHENOMENAL first LARPing event EVER! And now she will forever return, muahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

But yeah, best birthday ever. :)

A lot of times I feel kinda guilty playing this game.

There's a ton of things happen that because of rank,or title, or ig experience, or having met all the right (and wrong) people, I feel like I'm dead center of attention and a lot of people are just watching "The Ulthoc Show." I really hope it' all internalized and incorrect. Anyway, most of this event was like that.

THANK YOU SCOTT KONDRK
It's incredibly rare to have villain run for 10+ years. It's almost unheard of to have the entire run played by one person. Thank you sir, for being so incredibly detestable for a decade. So many good moments between those two: epic battles (most of which I lost),epic name calling (most of which I won), and some pretty vicious staredowns.

THANK YOU MICHELLE
Uthoc (and I) still remember a ballsy little scholar plucking arrows at zombies screaming "Why won't they die!" :) Oh, how time passes. Few if anybody know the character better, and few if anybody can make such a difference in his life. From stolen glances, to secret conversations, to *feeling* you screaming when I got oblitted... thank you for always making the game more visceral.

THANK YOU NORDENN
I have the honor of heading the best team in the game. Hands down, end of line. Sable and Orr are up to any challenge any time, day or night. Crazy battles. Insane role play. Epic heroic feats. I don't lead my team, I watch them make me look good. Every single one of you makes my event special.

THANK YOU NPCS/STAFF
Without you, the game does not happen. I'm (un)fortunate enough to have been on or headed every committee in the game but Owner and GM, so I know how hard every single person works to make the dream feel real. Nobody gets thanked enough. So, from the first time NPCs to the cagey veteran writers: thank you.

THANK YOU PCs
I know that every weekend there is fie separate events going on at the same sight. However, I hope The Ulthoc Show isn't too much. Seeing Garathon get knighted, "Celestial Studies" with Nathan, jibes with Khorwyn, discussions with Grim... 36 hours of great moments with everyone, from people I'd know for over a decade to people I'd just met on Saturday. Thank you.

So... after ten years, here how this chapter ends: Ulthoc travels to the Isles of Camulous, and kneels down at the grave of Wyndarel. He kisses the headstone gently, and tells her that her death is avenged. Tells her that she can sleep peacefully now,all the monsters that helped lead to her permanent death have been killed. He'll sit there, and sing to her softly the way he did twelve years ago when they first came to Ashbury City. Then he gets up, and heads back home: he is a Baron, and his life belongs to the living- the time for him to relax with the dead must wait. The Sable and Orr do not rest, they must always defend the country they love from those who would do her harm.

Next time, my friends. Next time.

Now favs from the apprently Scary Gorbe,

First and foremost Thank you to the staff and NPCs

1. Med Forging Chulainn so that I could come to game and play.
2. See the Vanguard react to the fact that Chulainn could now cast Life spells
3. Speaking of which my team the Vanguard, you guys are awesome.
4. So who want to wrestle the freaked out Gorbe, I forgot to ask if everyone was ok with physical role play. But since four people were trying to tackle and bear hug me, I figure it was ok. Thank you to Vanguard, Huleen, Balls and Ruis (this Dryad is fierce.)
5. Thank you Tom H. and Collin, Saturday Night was unfreaking real. To all of the effects that Collin threw at me, to seeing Tom's Chandrukar walk through the door, coming for me. Yes I did rez, but how many can say that the entire wave battle was dedicated to killing you.
6. My Rez Story from Amy, Thank you.

This is my Short list, I'll have more once my brain realigns itself.

Chulainn Stoneclaw said:
5. Thank you Tom H. and Collin, Saturday Night was unfreaking real. To all of the effects that Collin threw at me, to seeing Tom's Chandrukar walk through the door, coming for me. Yes I did rez, but how many can say that the entire wave battle was dedicated to killing you..

Welcome to the club, mate! :thumbsup:

Back