Share your favorites here!

Lurin

Duke
Another game come and gone, and what a wild ride it was, I'll post my favorites in a bit as I don't like to schew what other people are thinking, but we'd love to hear what you enjoyed!

Thank you PCs and NPCs for making such a wonderful event! Here are my favorites, in no particular order:

~ Just overall Forsaken plot epicness! It’s been a wonderful plotline, and the ending was pure awesome for me. Thank you plot team!
~ Learning Celestial Formal from Aleksandr Nitus in the celestial circle while an undead battle continued on outside the circle.
~ Being deaf for many hours; “Look at me, and enunciate!”
~ Hengin. You once again remind me how awesome you are.
~ Smacking the Forsaken of Stone to the ground with a once ever 50 Earth Slay (and just walking behind him, smacking him repeatedly with “13 Earth” from the Dagger of the Elements).
~ Kendra and Gandian RP. Thanks, Courtney!
~ Everyone hanging out as we waited for the Mist Cave mod, especially with Andrea and Paige knowing all the Girl Scout songs, and me and Paul singing Weird Al.
~ The Order of Shadow’s Light is now in possession of an “angry, territorial ram”!
~ Brent’s mom planning out her crazy character, and the hilarious “how to play” session for her at monster camp.
~ The beginnings of mutually beneficial cooperation between the Order and Forest’s Edge.
~ Realizing that there wasn’t actually a circle of power to disjunct INTO at the Giant’s Walk.
~ The Forsaken of Flame trying to lure people away from the circle in the big battle; Forsaken, in his usual, scary, forsaken voice: “We need a life spell over here!” Me: “Seriously, Flame? That’s what you got?” Forsaken: “Eh, it was worth a shot.”
~ The Forsaken of Lightning and Flame, seeing that their time was over, and that they must expend all the power of their spirit to destroy the prison they themselves built. Excellent RP for this, guys!
~ Jamina asking Cho Ko Nu to borrow gold. “We’re your competition!”
~ My spirit leaving my body to travel across the planes to witness weird stuff. Go Runeforge plot!

Probably more, but I am thoroughly exhausted and can't quite think straight.

Thank you guys. When I came into this game, I was not in a happy place. But being with all of you, RPing with all of you, you've definitely brought my mood up a few notches. So thank you again :)

*Werewolf RP the first night. Being confined, weaknessed and then held down by a monstrous Kendra while they tried to talk me out of a murderous rage for 20 minutes. I think it's really interesting how other people's perceptions of how Davion is/was has shaped who the character is (instead of my original perception of him).
*Sneaking through the woods, completely undetected and warning the entire town of the barbarian ambush they were walking into.
*Receiving compliments from the NPCs about all the sneaking I was succeeding at :)
*Being a swiss army knife that I love playing in games (or red mage if that means anything to you). I was able to, some battle, do lots of damage rogueing, saving lots of people from dieing by sneaking behind lines, holding the line in other places, being a leader, not being a leader...
*Being able to take a break from being Treasurer.
*RP with Volpe, learning about being a wolf.
*Watching Alexander Nitus cast rituals. Nice hat :D
*RP with so many people :)
*Being told by "Tiny" to watch out for Chokonu (lol)
*Pup? Who're you calling a pup? I'm 117 years old. "Bah, you're not really even grown up until at least your 2nd century."
*Going into debt so far, the interest is 4 gold a market day. o_O
*Watching Kendra's face light up when she got the belt. (And a few minutes after she was telling me I was greedy.)
*Realizing how important I am to my friends.
*Hegdin RP on the beast.

Not a highlight - listening to the people complain outside of my cabin about me not being at the ice forsaken mod, while I laid in bed feeling awful.

A fun but exhausting event. My favorites:

-Everything about the Ram mod:
*The angry sheep
*Michael as Old Blue, a very forgetful sheppard.
*Old Blue- "Here, you can have this ram for helping me." Gorka/Johnathon/I- "Yum mutton....wait...Gorka riding a Ram into battle...Battle Ram! and everything that came from that idea.
* Herding the sheep. A sheep is killed by a wolf. I give it cure light. "Zero normal, zero normal, 2 normal." *Sheep dies* "What are you doing! You killed my sheep"-Old Blue. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to"-me as everyone of us couldn't contain our OOG laughter.
* 20 people just watching Johnathon, Gorka and me running and yelling during entire thing.

-Any RP between Chris,Arianna, Michael and myself is a highlight.
-The look on Johnathon's face trying to get a gold coin from a Kobold using trickery, only to find out he gave me the gold hours before due to Asher's kindness. Our friendship shall be a thing of legends!
- Continuing alliances with Kobolds. No Kobold was slain this weekend! Also naming a Kobold Pip(b/c of the obvious South Park reference)
-Being one of 2 people with a blunt weapon on the Ice Forsaken mod having to break PCs and FoIce out of Elemental Encase.
-Angry for not being able to save Gorka/Volpe/Gearfree when the Barbarians slaughtered the Tavern Sat. night. My first showing of anger for that happy-go-lucky Dryad.
-Gypsy Graveyard party--getting hit by Chaos is not what I call a fun party :D
-Reyn, the Fox-Kin's RP. Had some great RP chats with him Fri/Sat night. Also great to see how everyone treats new players on the HUGE mods to get them as part of the group.
- Learning Formal Magic from Jamina and teaching Volpe Earth 8...while being interrupted by bears.
- Getting my first formal magic scroll and learning from Gandian about where to use it to get something very Dryadish.
- More if I remember!

As always, I had a blast. All the people at these events make them so fun for everyone involved. And now, for the NPC perspective!

- The sheep mod. This one was so fun. I know all the NPCs (and hopefully PC's) involved had a lot of fun making it difficult to gather up all the sheep. "Don't attack it! It's just the guard dog" Gorka, after the wolf killed several sheep
- The salamander mod and the graveyard party immediately thereafter. I had lots of fun fighting York in these mods. It's not often I get to fight someone in a (semi-)fair fight. Thanks York!
- The big barbarian fight. I took out 3 PC's at one point because they were all looking the other way and wouldn't turn around, all the while hearing the first person I dropped (Davion) laughing at the hilarity of it. Also, being being convinced to join the PC's side then immediately waylay-ed by Fern, awakened by another NPC, then weaknessed by the same NPC when he realized I switched sides.
- The hungry bears that went into town. No one could understand why they were attacking until Jonathon read one of their minds. They were just bears!

Firstly I'd like to say I had a really fun time! Thanks a lot to SoMN staff, all the hardworking NPC's and certainly my team for all the work, help, and effort that was put into making this event happen. For those of you who don't know I live in NH now since I've graduated from College, so I flew out Friday afternoon/evening and back this morning. It was well worth the trip! :)

I have to say all of the Forsaken fights were very epic and a lot of fun. Being able to take a large role in those big bad fights largely thanks to the awesome new Monster Slayer sword FE put together (thanks Paige!) was REALLY fun.

Along those lines props to Steven for showing up a bit as Alexander Nightus to help facilitate some of the item crafting for the PC's. I know most/many of those rituals were done through NPC/Staff scroll picks and its is nice to see the hard work from those who help run/contribute to the game get payed back.

Dure'dhel, Hegin, and myself booking it for our ward and calling to as many people in the tavern that we could to run to our ward when the initial group of Barbarians came into town... I always appreciate situations were you feel like you really do have to run. I was super bummed when I learned that not everyone made it out and several folks resurrected. But still, good IG RP and story development. It certainly changed our attitude towards the barbarians at the last Forsaken battle...

Making involved IG plans with Dure'dhel as well about crafting a limited CoP to protect people at that final fight and getting Crowe invested as well to help recognize people in and out was great! I love ritual stuff and PC's making plans like that always feels fun.

On that note all the great political cross communication and working between the various teams we have in town now. :) Forest Edge and Shadows light I believe have started down a great path of mutual benefit and working together. And trading comps with Darkened Sun also felt like a solid good feelings builder! I do hope we can continue all colluding in our efforts to save up treasure, building things, and organize groups.

Epic auction late late Saturday night/Sunday evening. Very fun, and congrats to Darkened Sun getting the belt! I'm sure it will be put to good use. It would have been very funny for Dure'dhel to have gotten the full set of wands... But I am also pretty happy that Crowe got the Ice wand. Good wand for a MWE.

And of course, Forest Edge initiation ceremony for Harleqin. So happy to have you on board Teague! Thanks again to Shadows light for being around in case 'stray' monsters could have showed up to disrupt us. The cake was amazing, and really getting together almost everyone on Forest Edge again was really cool. What really keeps me coming back to this game is the chance to play with good friends and have a fun time doing 'make believe' together. There were tons of opportunities for hang out and camaraderie this event which was fantastic.

Don't know when I'll be able to make the flight out again but I certainly plan on it and I can't wait to see everyone again! :)

My least favorite part of the event: the mosquitoes! I look and feel like I have chicken pox today. So itchy.

That said, I had a great time at my first Alliance event. I thought I had most of the subtle (eg, annoying) differences between Nero and Alliance down before I showed up, but I definitely missed some points.

Some highlights of the event:
The angry ram was so much fun to play. If Gorka comes around looking for an angry ram to play with (and monster camp doesn't mind letting me go), I would be more than happy to reprise that role.
Bear mind meld! I didn't expect that. I think I came up with a pretty good reason for the bears to be there considering I didn't really prepare anything.
The barbarian fight. Heading into town with the second wave of barbarians, all warpainted up and screaming our battle cries, to find the PCs looking thoroughly unimpressed was a little disappointing, but it was still a lot of fun. Getting to play a battle-caster for the field fight was pretty cool, too.
The gypsy graveyard party was great. You guys saw us swinging chaos and responded with earth blades - I'd say that's a fair trade.
The angry ranting from York and the sheriff (I'll remember everybody's names at some point probably) when they switched sides for the ice Forsaken was awesome. I was half-convinced they were going to try to burn the town to the ground when the whole thing was done.
Just hanging out in NPC camp. I had a great time getting to know some of you guys and I'm looking forward to meeting back up at the October event.

That said, I could barely move when I got home yesterday. I think I'm gonna need to get some more exercise before the next event if I want to keep up that pace again.

Everything about the sheep mod! Stunning Jonathan's arm (again). Trying to eat some of Asher's leaves. Dragging Gorka around as a ram.
Amazing RP by Fern and York during the ice forsaken battle.
Gambling Sarr taking everyone's items in cards.
Reflecting 4-5 build a light spells into Dure'dhel.
Rolling into town as the first wave of barbarians and being mistaken for forsaken (and being told that the tavern is a haven for the living). Subsequent massacre of those who didn't make it out. Yelling back at those in the ward after wiping the tavern, "Haven for the living you said? I see only dead inside!" Taking Volpe's ear as a souvenir and then dropping it as loot when we got killed by the town outside. Almost being ambushed by Davion as we tried to ambush the town.
Barbarian taunting and yelling during the big battle (especially the yelling match with the racoonkin). Getting hit with so much alchemy. Getting my spear disarmed and having a dagger fight with Hengin.

This was easily my favorite event of the year!
The best part: All of the RP from many of the players and NPCs.

-Hengin giving dagger to Kendra. "Wait...What you mean you not coming back!?!"
-RP with Harlequin with help in sorting out Kendra's emotions after.
-RP with Davion turning werewolf and holding him down
- Being a VERY desperate and panicked Barbarian when Kendra lost her expensive magic item Sunday night. She threatened 2 people trying to find it. And finally found it around dawn. "Thor and Davion will NEVER know this!"
- Ice forsaken fight. I never felt so exhausted and accomplished after a fight.
- Hengin's Sanctuary and fighting the panthergast with my polearm between Hengin's legs. Seemed like a good barbarian tactic to me.
- Gandian casting a flame blade on Kendra without permission
- ChokoNu being promoted from 'little girl' to 'little boy'
- The auction!
- Having weapon master makes me feel so much more badass :)

Thank you NPCs :p

Anyways:

-Doing the initiation for the new Brotherhood Members, hopefully soon we'll be able to function like a normal group soon ><
-Fern's reaction when we only were going to borrow 4 gold from him, he's all like, "Oh c'mon, only 4?" I reply, "Yeah, only 4 Silver interest per Market Day." Almost considered borrowing more, and thinking back, I should have
-Running after Fern into the Quarry with Kendra and D'rezz right behind Gorka, Johnathon, and Crow, and we're all like, "They're doomed."
-Running away from the Forsaken of Stone by throwing a Web at it, fastest I've run in a long time, thank you Brent XP
-Hanging outside the area where the Forsaken of Ice was in killing the echoes "4 magic, 4 magic." "I curse you with Weakness! See guys, they're not that deadly, it doesn't hurt that much, just a minor little sting." "1 magic, 1 magic!" "Oh god, he was just baiting me"
-Dure'dhel handing Icey a magic item just because it was Earth, selling it to ChoKuNu for 3 gold, and then ChoKoNu trading it for a cup, then selling the cup to Gandian. ChoKoNu was like, "Hah, see that? You could've made a 4 gold profit." I replied with, "Yeah, but you only made a 1 gold profit, and I still made a 3 gold profit."
-Getting a stone egg that came after the chicken ^_^
-Being recognized as more of a leader then Gearfree in the Brotherhood :p
-The crunchy undead on the last night, "If you see one who can cast spells, let me deal with it for a little bit!" then it comes up, "I curse you with silence! ...aww, I missed, I wanted to put a sanctuary on me and dance in front of it for a few minutes" In the end, I just served as a human Sanctuary shield :p
-The Mist Cave was also fun, someone asked what were asking the Mist Cave, and York's like, "We're asking it if I'm handsome." So I replied, "Dude, you're always handsome, now shut up before we waste our question." Hengin also saying that he's happy he gets to throw Death spells as Mist monsters
-Dance Master Pip the Kobold
-Wasting 2 Shatter spells on Shattering Ego and Sanity on Gearfree. despite them not being shatterable targets
-Gorka's coming back from a resurrection and everyone worried that she wouldn't come back, and then everyone wanting to trade their spirits in order for her to come back, but it being too late

What I didn't enjoy so much:

-Realizing that Icey is NOT going to be any good at the night fights due to being unable to see. Those lights in the far distance in the parking lot make it impossible for me to see anything due to the bad glare I get on my glasses :/
-The migrain I had after we got back from fighting the forsaken ><

So yeah, basically the stuff beyond our control :/

-Being Panda's biggest pain that weekend... Sorry Panda...
-Playing as barbarians. To all new players, that is one fun race to play.
-Getting to run my first modual ever, and having it go more or less as planed.
-The forsaken costuming. They all looked to intimidating. That's what happens when you have a recurring NPC...
-Staring down Crow and hucking a Cause Wounds and two Cause Light Wounds into him, only to get beaten down. Nice work, lol.
-The panther-gast sherif

This was a fantastic event, great to see everyone and can't wait for the next one.

-Scouting for the forsaken with Jonathan, taking a flame blast and escaping with 1 body and Jonathan resisting 2 charms.
-Meeting with the heads of groups and York having nothing to say (kind of sums up York really).
-Walking through an army of constructs/echoes to fight every instinct and kneel before the Ice forsaken because York trusts Fern and for no other reason.
-Actually getting to do something with Fern!
-York and Fern venting at the town during the ice forsaken fight, everyone asking how we "came up" with it all and telling people it's all true and no one having a response to that.
-No one explaining to Kendra what happened for Fern and York to be on the other side of the fence and York having to explain with a dagger to the throat!!!
-Being right behind Panda when she needed a life spell from the Forests Edge item that only York and one or two other people can use. First time I've actually used it!!!
-Not being conscious/alive when any of the forsaken were killed (bleeding out, waylay, shatter spirit).
-Gorka's resurrection story for York just being one giant ego boost (like he needs it).
-Silly O'clock mods, York getting tackled by Gorka for being the guardian of the Ice element and Kendra and Thorador walk up, York:"it's not what it looks like!" Kendra:"..... This explain a lot"
-Gypsy Graveyard. York will have nightmares.
-York being glad that Fern was back (and Rick being glad the Paul was back)!
-Battle training and having York's groups go undefeated, Jonathan and York taking each other down simultaneously.
-Really feeling like a member of the Hopes Reach community!

Thanks to everyone who made this a fantastic event, especially the staff and there amazing team of marshalls and NPCS.

OMG what a weekend!

You guys are awesome, players, NPCs, Staff all of you deserve a great big hug for how cool you all were this weekend :)

I had a couple of highlights:

-Arriving just in time ( I dressed in the car) to smack the forsaken of stone 3 times right before he went down.... perfect timing :)

-The great planning meeting really intence PC created RP.

-Affecting plot with RP in a noticeable way. I loved all the RP I did with the Forsaken and got to do with Gandian and Shadow's Light to get to the point where she trusted me.

-Getting to vent at folks for a while in the ICE fight... that was awsome.

-Duking it out with Stone and Lightning after being broken for 1/2 the battle.

-Getting to do something with York!

-Poor Bevin having to handle Fern on an off-day. :(

Overall, great weekend thanks guys :)

Paul

- All the singing while we waited for the Mist Cave mod.
- Watching OOG as Jonathan, York, Asher, and Gorka, who had supposedly gone undead-hunting, chased around a bunch of sheep!
- Trying to communicate with Gandian, who was deaf, while I was mute. It was perfect, really.
- Fern! :) Talitha always has a better time when Fern's around.
- Using my forgotten-about Terminate on a salamander late Saturday night. People were appalled that I didn't save it for something bigger, but it was late and my first Terminate to actually stick, so I was satisfied.
- Undead Gypsy: "Intoxicate gas poison." Talitha: "Dodge!" Undead Gypsy: "Did you really just dodge that?! I would have dodged into it!"
- The Undead Gypsies inviting thier little sister Talitha to join them. I told them I'd keep them posted.
- Guarding the cabin during Davion's werewolf transformation. I was somewhat astonished that people listened to me and stayed out of it when I told them I had experience with this sort of thing.
- Sending a Kobold to talk to Gandian. "Did you just kill a Kobold?" ..."Yup."
- Davion teaching said Kobold how to dance.
- Pan Da trying to eat the bamboo Stone Forsaken wand. "It tastes like render...." Sad panda was sad.
- Sharing Gorka's cloak and trying to capture York with it as well.
- Lightning and Flame Forsaken destroying the prison with Hengin and Pan Da. That was awesome RP to watch.

This was such an amazing event! :D Thank you NPCs, PCs, and everyone inbetween!

Gandian killed Pip?!! He had such potential. :p

Darkcrescent said:
Gandian killed Pip?!! He had such potential. :p
Nah, but the people said that after they sent Pip off, assuming he was a goner 'cause of how much Gandian hates Kobolds. ;) I just stared him down, with the Dean, for like 30 seconds until he left.

And then the Dean and I did the same thing again, like 10 minutes later.

Gearfree almost ended up beating Pip down. He was down to 2 body when Pip managed to get away. It was funny because I paid him two copper to waylay Gearfree just for the fun of it, and then I ended up also getting waylaid, so the Kobold tries to search me for coins, and I was just about ready to pack up that night, so I left most of my equipment upstairs and ready to be thrown in my car, but just left on my bed, so I have no coins on me, and the Kobold was sad, and Gearfree just started beating on him. 2 copper per Waylay is best deal ever :p

No can do on a replacement for the role... roles will not be recast. If you've named it and it doesn't die, it's yours.

No can do on a replacement for the role... roles will not be recast. If you've named it and it doesn't die, it's yours.

You're stuck with the name Asher gave you. I'm just glad you lived to extend some IBGA stuff I've been building up.

Back