Slain is the beast

squeegee

Scholar
The Mist Beast is dead! We came at it as it backed itself into a corner! Only shows that it was a simple beast the whole time. Nothing able to think at even the most simple of capacity would be tricked by the most remedial of military ploys! Another victory for the crowns men! Drink hearty tonight men the ale is on me!

- Sergent Garren

This is wonderful news, now perhaps my children can sleep peacefully at night once again.

- Marian Lightfoot

Good news! Finally the town will be safe again. I was tired of that monster eating all of our food.

- Harry

Fools, children lashing out at anything they see within the night. The creatures from the mysts have long protected us from threats more sinister then you can imagine. You have not saved anyone by your cowardly attack on this being, no all you have done is unlocked danger unknown. Have you not heard the old stories, did you not listen when you were young and should have learned of such things?

- Merrick the Sage

You, the one talking like the missing town idiot! That's an old superstition, no one believes that anymore. If you believe it then you must be a sage of the idiots ya bearded road apple! One hasn't even been seen round here for a dwarfs age.

- Master dwarven craftsmen, Cendrick Ironforge

Patience, the world is full of mysterys, there is no way to know what impact this will have on our world. Well done, I admire your bravery in taking this beast, but remember a victory taken by the mists, especially when the moon is waning is a poor omen.

- Grutoc Swollen Tooth - Levarin Shaman

Seargent Garret,

Can you ellaborate on what this means for the folk of Gaden?

FernWood
Vintner's Aprentice

Goodman Fernwood,

In addition to allowing the children of Roskaria to once asleep through out the night, and their parents to allow them to once again play in safety, the Mist beast will no longer be stalking about near the honest installations of our employers. It was only a matter of time until the beast would have slain someone, indeed it seems to have been the source of the strange glow some have noted within the mists over the last few weeks. When we slayed the beast it was near the mist wall, channeling, doing something, now that it has fallen the mist no longer glows, who knows what disaster has been adverted.

- Sergant Gerran

Huzzah to you Sergant!!!

If you ask me the less the mist glows the better, and good riddence! Now the lands will indeed be a measure safer than before!

McGregor, the know-it-all

With the familiar glow of the mist gone, there is more darkness in this time. This is a bad omen, be warned great warriors.

Hengin

good advice to all who travel through the mists. but did anyone get a good look at this beast to know what it was?

Iganeous Ironforge

You brush off a great omen with ease...perhaps the omen was foretelling of your arrival.

Hengin

Iganeous,

I had not known dwarves could be so subtle in their insults, to all those who travel the mists indeed! Why do you now just come out and say you find his warning to be without merit, as it applies to no one! You are too harsh on this Hengin fellow, he speaks with the tongue of a barbarian if I am not mistaken, and though their speech may be strange their words properly understood can often hold more wisdom then you'd think at first.

As to the mist beast, you'd be better advised to shave off your beard before fighting a foe such as this. The creature most often seemed to be as a lion that stood like a man, and our best blows did little but cause the mist in his body to reform and swirl slightly. At times we lost many men at a time, put to sleep at once with a whisper, or sent running in abject terror from the beast. It was luckily it was cowardly, and chose to flee instead of fight, for it took a long time to weaken the beast to where we could kill it.

-Sergent Garren

Omens apply to all, as a warning of the coming moons. Matter not, was this great guardian of the mist a coward, or just running from bloodthirsty hunters with battle lust in their eyes. Judgments clouded, you have done a great deed. Better or Worse, a great deed.

Master craftsmen Cendrick Ironforge,

My apprentice, Iganeous Ironforge, has recently informed me about these mysterious lands behind the mists and some unknown slain beast. If it wouldn't displease you, I would like to take a moment with you and discus matters from one dwarven craftsmen to another.

- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Traveling Smith

Sergent Garren,

I must apologize for my apprentice, Iganeous Ironforges' unwise words. For I do not believe he intended them in insult, but rather merely was speaking from his limited war path experiences. Were he to have as many a milita fighting experiences as I have had, I believe he would not been so overconfident with his words concerning an unknown enemy.

I take it that this beast has beset your lands for quite some time and was very difficult to kill? If it wouldn't be too much of a bother, I would very much appreciate a more in depth description of this beast, and what methods were used to slay it. As I would like to add that valuable knowledge to mine in case it is needed if I am ever on the war path against another such a creature some day down the road.

Regards,
- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Traveling Smith

These dwarves clearly have lost their marbles, talking as if they traveled *through* the mists! Perchance they have spent too much time underground which can explain their addled ramblings! HA!

McGregor

GoodSire McGregor,
I would have you know that my apprentice, Iganeous Ironforge & I have traveled through the mists from Stormgarde a town in Albor to Briarpass which is located in Wayside and back again on numerous occasions while plying our trade. And it is our plan to pass through the mists from Stormgarde into your lands in search of a new permanent location for my forge. Why, traveling through the mists is such a wonderful adventure that we have done this along with several of our friends for both business as well as pleasure. I fail to understand why you would think that doing such a routine thing would be considered "losing your marbles"? How do you think I'm able to contact you thus through the mist in this dreamscape while I'm still packing up my shop in Stormgarde?

Sincerely,
- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Traveling Smith

Hear that McGregor?

He's often traveled from places that I've never heard of to places no ones been, what better proof that you can just go trapsing through the unpassable wall of mist do you need? How ever, you've mention selling brews locally, if you can get me some of what they are drinking, I'd buy it! Matter of a fact he's talking to you right now, through the mist! Hey Tazoulti, or whatever yer name is, if ya see my dead cat whiskers could you bring her the next time you cross over?

- Loka Thickfingers, Fine artisan of inspiring paintings

Loka, I see from your rather insulting words that your a skeptic. But do you want to know something? Being a skeptic like that is an easy thing. In fact, to some hard working individuals such as myself it's so easy that it's considered downright lazy thinking. Because you don't work very hard at all at disproving anyone's point - Why, if such a skeptic doesn't like anything they hear, all they have to do is merely dismiss any argument by saying "oh, that's imaginary!". See? Not very much work on your part at all. Why, it's very much like someone in militia training loudly proclaiming a victory to his buddies after he attacks a straw dummy. And worse, I can apply that same lazy thinking right back to anything you argue.

So, you claim that I can't travel through the mists, what proof can you submit to me that I can not do so? And don't waste my time by saying that because you or someone else can't go through the mists no one can - how am I supposed to know that is not just due to your imagination, fear, or worse - that some condition that was once has changed to something new and you choose to disbelieve it?

- Tazoulti Strongbeard

Back