So tell me

You know better then to call me Halldorr. Or is Your new mark is makeing you a "Sick Wolf".

Walgar

And Ive done as i wsa asked by lady Knight and have said nothing more about it. I will wait for Duke to hear me and he can look into my mind and see for himself what i saw then we will all know. I know you all love her very much but if it was her or anyone eles i would feel the same way as i do now. I will be to fearful not to say what must be said no matter who it is or how much i ever loved them befor.

Walgar of the Wolf Tribe

No more words on this.

Let the Paladins be the next to speak in two moons time.

Respectfully,
Lady Knight Glorianna Wyndancer Nordenn

Did you just call my Squire a Varg?

~Glori

You call my love a sick wolf? ... I must.... walk away from this before anger overtakes reason.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

You call the man, who stood beside me when I was obliterated, a varg. When you were nowhere to be found. How dare you. You have gone too far, I- Ah, my anger over this is brimming over. My words, in my dreams, have spilled out without my meaning for them to. I must...try harder. Apologies.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik

This has now become a different issue... My words of peace were regarding my trial with the paladins.

This defamation of my squire is a whole other matter.

~Glorianna

Lady Knight,

I understand. However, I cannot let my anger consume me. You know what this would do, with the glyph... Though I cannot guarantee I will be able to keep it in check. This depends upon how well I can ignore the dream realm.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik

I sudgest that we let this matter be settled as the Lady Knight has indicated by the Paladins. I also sudgest that the matter between the Squire and Walgar (formerly known as Halldor) be settled when they meet in Honor combat as the challenge was issued. I suspect that Once the resolution of the honor combat has concluded the slight will be dropped one way or the other.

On another note......

It is disturbing that we are fighting amongst ourselves when we have more pressing matters to deal with.

I wonder how much knowledge our enemies are gathering in this place about who can be undermined to crush morale as we attempt to safeguard the lands against the rampant never ending evil.

Symerille Foxfire
(Formerly Symerille Strongbow)
Wizard of Whitesword
Squire to Paladin Azreal

Symerille,

You are correct. I cannot even abide by my own words of unity, words I used earlier to try to band us together and stop this fighting. I have shamed myself by losing control. I must focus on other matters and shut out these bitter angry words. Again, apologies.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik

Gwen,

Perphas now is time like you said, to think less of the dream realm and focus on the life we have. I have been with you these last few times your spirit has been put to the test. While I know it is very strong, I believe it best to take some time for yourself. Izer and I will maintain the militia at the Storm's End. Perhaps just a week away from these aweful lands would do you well.

With only my best,
-Kayden
Stormblade

Kayden,

Thank you for your words. I have a mission to do with Darkan which will hopefully take me out of this turmoil and somewhere I can find peace and some solace. You have proven yourself a true and brave companion. A better Stormblade I could not ask for.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik

My Liege had requested this line of dreaming stop. I asked her for permission to make one final reply, which she has granted. I will speak my peace on this, and then wholly ignore any chatter which follows.

Gwendara, love, do not trouble yourself with this. There will always be those who assault my character: those of my own race, those who have hated my race for centuries, those who simply want to sow hatred to weaken our defense against the darkness. As I have told you, this unfortunately all comes with me, there is nothing I can do to shield you from it. I am sorry my love that your feelings for me have, and will, cause you pain.

Lady Knight Glorianna, I had fought beside you for many years before joining the Court of Nordenn, and before Squiring under you. I have never kept secret that at times we have seen things differently, and at times we have disagreed on the best way to serve Barony, Duchy, and Kingdom. Never, though, have I felt you did not serve, or that you served poorly, or that any of your actions stood against The Code and the people. I am not a Paladin, nor do I have their counsel, but I can only hope and expect they see things as I do.

Walgar- I used your child name because you are acting like one: Carelessly spilling insults like a whelp who yells "I hate you!" when their elders don't let them do something they want. You have gained strength, and you have gained age... but you have learned little. You attack when you would do better to question, and hurl insults when you would to better to look. Do you really think I don't know you, boy? Do you really feel you have surpassed all your elders? That in your short years you have seen and done and learned more than al the skalds and all the cheiftains?
The tribes made me Warchief once for a reason: in that time, we needed a leader who could not only fight, but who could see with compassion. Had one who thought with his sword been placed in charge, all our children would have been held under the axe. Not all battles can be won with a sword, brother. Ask yourself how the children of Snake Tribe would be today had you been in command: how many useless deaths would your sword have caused?
Do you think I don't know the words you speak? That you question if the Glyph has warped my mind completely? That I may be a danger to all because of the Rage? Do you think I have not considered the risks I cause, or that I have not discussed those risks and how to limit them with my Liege and others? During our last encounter with Lochaber- a monster I would easily give my life to destroy- I left the battlefield by my own choosing because many were about to attack the domain-circle-thing with magics that would make me dangerous. As a Squire, as a Warrior, I needed to put the good of the town, the Duchy, and the Kingdom- which includes the good of my Race- above my own goals and wants. It is interesting to me that in all this, the Starcasters have been more helpful in trying to remove the glyph, in trying to learn its secrets, than one who once swore to stand beside me in any battle has.
Do you feel you know better how to serve our people than the Council of Skalds? They are aware of my condition. They are aware of all I do. The skalds, the elders, and the voices of our long dead chiefs support me. Do you really feel you know more for our people than all those who have lead us in the past? Do you have such false pride that you would consider yourself greater than all the leaders of our people? Take care in who offers you such counsel, for that is certainly Bulygar's Work being done.
Do you feel me weak for speaking with those who use Star Galdyr? For using words rather than force? For trying to teach other races the ways of our people, rather than leading uprisings against the kingdom and against evil magics as we have done for centuries, each time crashing like a tide against the stone? The tide fades and is lost, the stone remains. Would you rather our people fight wars and bleed and die needlessly? I work with the Sages to spread our knowledge and wisdom to other races. I work with the Mages to limit the damage done to the Four Primes by those who would rob them of their power. I work with the Nobles to make Icenia greater than Evendarr was or could ever be. Meanwhile, let's look at you: You joined the Stormblades, and were cast out. You joined No Code, how has that fared?
We stood together against the Merax. We have spilled blood, and drank mead together. Who was it that told you that you were still strong without your sword, when the Backlash took the strength from your arms? Who was it that told you this happens for a reason, and that there were lessons here sent by the Fates themselves for you to learn? A Ceremony alone does not make one a Man. A lifetime of choices does. When your skein is tied and cut, what legacy of choices will you leave behind.

Squire Ulthoc of Nordenn, Warrior of Sheep Tribe.

Halldor,

Sit down, be quiet and stop this banter.

You have enough enemies as it is.

Tigress Ikmoqs Beux
Grandmaster Alchemist
Stormblade

These are my last words on this matter. I have had time to cool my temper and to think. Walgar, you have insulted Ulthoc's honor and by extension my own. There can be only one solution to this. I challenge you to an honor combat when next we meet. We will work out the details in person, or if you wish privately. This is all I have to say, publicly, concerning this.

Honor and Duty,
-Gwendara Alanik

If we cannot live with the words Walgar is saying, can we not look past them to the truth?

Honor Combat is ancient tradition which decided for many cultures (including my own in our history) who was right or just about matters of importance. The real "meat and potatos" issue will be solved from a different form of "Honor Combat": by the words of our Noble Paladins. Using investigation and diplomacy, they shall reveal the light of truth to this situation.

I do not accept Walgar's actions nor do I agree with his way of approaching this matter but what Ikmoqs says is true: his words and deeds have caused suffering among his friends, his people and his peers and he makes many enemies with his words. Some may not come to his aid if he sought it becasue of his deeds. This is unfortunate. Those who cause suffering often suffer themselves and we all suffer don't we? Perhaps we can turn this around into a show of unity after all?

Goodmn Walgar,
Would it not be wiser to calm your mind by speaking the words of healing earth magic upon those you have kept in close company in these last couple years? The magic of the earth is a powerful gift and with its touch we can save those around us who suffer and die. In my experience, I have made many friends with it and some but a small number enemies. Perhaps with calm reflection of the issues that bother you (for example the one you addressed about Lady Knight Gloriana) you should seek wise counsel among people you trust and together investigate the matter further. Then when you have sufficent evidence against such a thing or for such a thing you can address the correct people about such an issue: the Paladins. Then you will have done a great service to the people around you because regardless of your result, you will have shown the truth.

I love each of you and I have been angered by many of you before by your words and deeds. I realize that we are not all who we wish or want to be and that our lives are sometimes transitionary like waves of water. A perfect example is I had some differences with Lt. Ithica but together and in private we worked through them. It was my own ignorance on his intent that made me come to judge his actions. Though I never spoke poorly of him to anyone, I hope that he could forgive my misgivings.

Please show each other compassion so that we may work together to defend against those who will not listen to reason and wisdom. Old age has taught me that many things are not worth getting angry over because sometimes harsh words are the last words you get to share with one another.

If anyting that I have said has offended anybody - I apologize in advanced. My words were only meant to heal.

Man-At-Arms Cinder Thunderhammer of the Untiring Phalanx
Vex Squad, "Rock of Trellheim".

What the heck is going on over there?

I leave for a few months and everyone is honor combating each other.....

I may have to keep my distance for awile longer. It is within my best intrests.

Theromossis Zhounil
Dark elf of Odenis

Back