So Tell Me

Captain Zehnyu,

Fear not, I at least do not take offense to your words. Sometimes I think even though my race is long lived, I will not see that longevity through. I remember my human brother once saying, "A candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long." At times I wonder if I am not living my life too brightly. Then again, I'd rather burn brightly and live a good life rather than simply living a long life. You have said bluntly and concisely what I meant, though I expected no less from you.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik
Seneschal of the Stormblades

tieran said:
Riddick-

I don't come from a pit, other than that, good opener.

I also notice that you kept your missive short so as to give me less of your usual stupid to have to muddle through. Thanks!

But we both know the real reason for it was so that it gave you less of an opportunity to screw up.

And as much as your jump to the defense of Amaranthus was adorable, I think he can probably handle himself, but there is only one way to find out.

He is multi-leveled. According to him, he is very multi-leveled.

I'm not sure how that factors in to anything, but I'm sure its important.

Plus he seems to hold Ulthoc in such high esteem. He's either brilliant, or the exact opposite. I have to determine the caliber of people who assosciate with my friend, its part of my job.

Plus Ulthoc keeps telling me I've met this guy before...

-Tieran

Tieran,

First... Your attempts to convince Glorianna to curse me.... amused me.

Second... Unlike some people who crowd the dreamworld with comments because they enjoy the sound of their voice echoing through these vast expanses of thought.. I have learned to only way what needs be said. I think you are just upset because you'll have to work harder to rip into me.

Third... Amaranthus PROBABLY meant Mutli-LAYERED. But, far be it from me to make assumptions.

Fourth... You're still a jerk.

Riddick

Riddick-

If I wanted Glori to curse you, I'd probably just point at you when both of you were in close proximity to me and say something along the lines of, "Hey, Glori, curse that buffoon."

Though, I think if I used that wording I probably wouldn't have to point.

If there was something in there that you felt was me trying to get you cursed, you are probably overthinking it. I try to keep my verbiage on the simple side when discoursing with you, so that you'll feel you can participate.

And its never any work to rip into you.

And just as I don't care that Amaranthus probably meant "very tired" instead of "very tiered" I'm still going to pick on him for it.

Just as I am going to pick on you for using "way" instead of "say."

Like I said earlier, no work at all.

I will credit you on the last point. But you lose it for lack of originality.

You are losing your edge, kid.

-Tieran

The laws for Honor Combat are listed in the "Amora Fortannis" book compiled by the Bardic College (page 150) which states:

Ashbury does not recognize the ancient and unjust concept of Trial by Combat. However, there are no laws prohibiting a mutually agreed upon duel. In order to have a duel legal, one must first procure two reliable witnesses who are at least of the rank of Guard. The witnesses must make sure that both duelists are entering into the duel of their own free will. Next, both sides must agree beforehand as to the rules of the duel (i.e.: whether the duel is to the death or to unconsciousness, whether a death is to the resurrection). If these provisions are kept throughout the duel (in other words, there is no cheating), then neither party in the duel can be charged with murder or assault or any other crime relating to the duel.

Sir Eros Clearbrook, Ducal Magistrate

Gwen,

I do not understand...How does one take a river and make of it a knot? How does one take a horrizon and find in it the moons shadow?

Walgar

I do not understand...How does one take....how...did I ever?

Someone, why are they all like this? I understand. I do not understand. I do not like these dreams. I must find a deeper sleep.

Simon

Sir Eros,

Thank you very much for your clear answer. I had planned on having one legal witness standing by, I will be sure to have two present.

Simon,

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

-Gwendara Alanik

Gwen,
I think you do understand. The woman I knew could. I beleive. Look at the words as a flow, fell them, do not read them, then you will understand, through memory, which for your folk is all the brighter lit road. I am to far gone now for more.

I have lingered perhaps to long on the battle fields. I grew accustomed to the outlands once. I am not accustomed to them any longer. Yet I understand all to well the rage. I understand all to well the honor of those who fight. I have watched them toast their fallend and remember them far to often. I have seen how lives are given and how lives are lost and know well now the difference between the two. I know that some things sundered can never be made whole, and that they are almost always things you can not hold in your hand. So I suppose I mean to say I hear your heart across the dreams and the frustrations pound out as a rythm. The Dissonance between the two of you sounds loud as a thunder and I can sit and but pray against the lightnings fall. For in any gerat storm there is never but one caught in the winds, and much that is valued can be washed away in the rain. Come the breaking, all will be needed whole again...and it is a whole that I like to remember in those long nights on the front.

For I hate to think that those I left behind are but happy and well. For I like to beleive in home. And for all the time and absence and in defiance of logic and truth I still dream...as I dream here...one mad man, who still thinks to come home yet again.

Simon

Simon,

I tried to explain this to Aven, that this is no mere rage filled act. I must need do this or things will break even further. This will repair for me what other actions cannot, this will...as you say make things whole again. It will repair what words cannot. I am well, and will continue to be, have no fear.

Honor and Duty,

-Gwendara Alanik

I dual no one in the name of my honor who is not worthy of honor itself to bestow it's blessing to guide his sword to reach me.

I come with swift vengeance to the throats of my enemies who, in the name of my fathers and family, Must be dealt justice where the laws will not sanction such noble deeds. Though if his Honor is in respect, he will allow me my right to kill him and die with no regrets.

Theromossis Zhounil

Dark elf of Odenis

So....

Wait...

Are you saying, out in public (more or less) that you're a criminal?

-Tieran

Back