Spirit Forge

I have an idea that I will openly admitted that I am stealing from another larp.

We play in a world of PFM (pure fricken magic). That being said, it happens all the time and as such people don't die regularly and heal miraculously.

I propose that ever player be able to rewrite their entire character (race and skill/class) once per year during the "off season" and just build a "last rewrite" space to the database/character card.

Other larps do this as a Customer service. It doesn't get used as much as people think, but it allows people to find what they like or possibly don't. It doesn't penalize people for not having gold or ritual casters. It makes for happier players. And if it's only happening on off seasons, it doesn't impact during game play or just before game logistics.

My two cents.

I'd be down with that as a solution. The issue I'm trying to dodge here is the one where a player gets frustrated with not having fun, and decides that their best option for solving this is to stop paying to not have fun.

Then we lose a player over being picky about how the numbers on their character card are arranged. This is not a good result.

Back