Sword Auction

Greetings everyone. After much talk and discussion Sir Robert and myself a have decided to auction off the sword that was stolen from the battle field on Saturday night in "The Broken Lands". Bidding will start from the time of 12 p.m. on today the 24th day of the 4th month and will end at 12 a.m. on 1st day of the 5th month. At which at that time i will announce the end of bidding and the winner.

I will list below the names of everyone that went with. If i have forgotten your name please inform me so I may add it as my memory fades time to time. Thank you for all of your patients. Also Syver will describe what the sword actually is and does. I apologize in advance if I spell your names wrong.

Robert
Ahlana
Link
Durk
Aura
Syver
Hazel
Foss
Frederick
Rayne
Bowen
Graden
Skits
Razz
Eve
Liddia
Kit
Pebbles
Kia
Wycliff
Tiaos
Benradi
Nyio
Gwendalin

Thank you all again,
Sir Nyio Sorn

The sword currently identifies as an Earth Aspected +0 damage aura, artifact, obfuscated. It's ability to travel is similar to other artifacts.

I called in a favor to try to break past the obfuscation. They were able to get additional, however vague, information. The sword is semi-sentient and able to know the intentions of its wielder. Based on those intentions/actions it may or may not reveal additional powers. While the specifics are only known to the sword, my contacts feel this is a weapon of Good. Strong against chaos and undead.

Again, it seems up to the sword for who will know/ be able to use it.

Cpl. Syver.

I think it should go to Link. I don't think he has enough artifact swords yet.

-Radi

I don't find your joke funny Banradi.

I imagine this will travel to Dragonreach. Probably not Wayside. Which is fine for me.

Fighting against Chaos is what I specialize in. I'll start at 10 gold. I'll throw another 5 gold Syver's way for calling in a favor. I know they're expensive for him.

Link
Order of the Emerald Flame

I'll go 20 gold and I like Link's thought of 5 gold going to Syver for calling in a favor.

Squire Foss Siril of Wayside

That's fine Link. It wasn't really a joke meant for you anyway.

Oooh it might Gwendolyn! Although he's a greater elf, so he probably should be able to do that already.

I would like to offer up my goblin brother Taios for the sword. He can probably eat your s*** for you or something. Pretty valuable stuff right there.

-Radi

My actual offer is going to be 25 gold, plus the additional 5 to Syver for the sword, and I will remind my brother that while I will in fact take s*** from people all the time with good grace, even my patience has limits.

-Taios

I think you all are out of you minds. Do any of you remember Widowmaker? Did any of you know that Widowmaker was "semi-sentient"? Well, it was. And it did a pretty good job of influencing a lot of my decisions. Decisions that I probably would not have made otherwise.

Good luck with that thing. Sell it to me for 1 Gold and I will spend the remaining money on getting the Destroy Magic lined up so we can blow that thing up. I don't care that Syver's contacts say that it is a "Good" sword. That thing should get blowed up.

Oh calm down Taios, you know I love you.

In all honesty, I agree with Durk. Mathis taught me one invaluable lesson... "Don't listen to it if you can't tell where it keeps its brain."

-Radi

I'm with Durk on this. I'm sure I can even arrange for the DM. However my components are lacking. I have lots of the same 3....

Kunzio was also at the fight.

~Ahlana

I vill happily pay 1 gold to each adventurer iv ve destroy the svord...az vodowmaker two vorries me.

Kit

If we do decide to destroy the sword, I would ask for the chance to study the artifact. I welcome help from others to research it, particularly the Earth Guild.

No bid

Fredrick Crawford

I am very interested in (at least) examining the blade. I have no need for it after that, however, as two swords is one too many for me.

I wasn't in the group, but if Shar gets to look at the sword, I want to watch Shar look at it. Y'know, in case something unexpected happens.
Actually, maybe before the auction we can have anyone who's good at that sort of thing examine it, with casters of Earth Magic close by. And I want to watch.

Cena

I bid 35 gold to Syver and 5 gold to the town. Though I do not think it vorks that vay. Zo 40 gold vor the sword and 5 gold to Syver.

Unrelated Raynn do vour and vours need help to complete vour sword. I am happy to trade components or sell zome to make it happen zooner vor vou than later. Contact me privately if vou vish.

Kit

Despite my current need for an edge against void/chaos, I, too, believe it should be destroyed. One such 'sentient sword' killed my brother: even if it is supposed to be a 'good' sword, it would be better to err on the side of caution.

- Wycliff, the S

How is an earth blade good against creatures of the void?

Fredrick

It isn't.... However, I won't be putting anything past my nemesis. From what my eyes told me, he's even scarier than the outcast. Chaos is most likely not far from his reach, if not already within it. I would rather be prepared.

- Wycliff, the Seeker.

Back