Tavern Day / Yule Party

I'm going to check on the whether in the morning. They're making a bunch of noise on the news tonight about, "For God's sake, don't leave your house, and for good measure, keep watching our news show." So anyway, there's a chance I'll be late because of that, if I decide to wait to leave until it's warmer. We'll see.

According to what I read on weather.com just now, Seattle's chance of snow is limited to Sunday starting around noon in the form of rain/snow confusion, and Winlock is likely to see a burst of snow for a few hours right around when the mod starts today, with no predicted snow tomorrow. The Portland forecast I read shows 80% chance of snow starting around 1pm this afternoon, followed by freezing rain going back to a rain/snow mix overnight which may become more snow but is expected to turn to regular rain by noon on Sunday.

Take care everyone! Dress WARMLY!

Probably the most notable thing is that we didn't have running water the whole time, because of frozen pipes. This made toilet-ing nontrivial, involving fetching water from big trash cans with a bucket, breaking through the newly-formed ice if necessary.

In game, the mod... happened. The PCs didn't all die before the party, which would have made for a dull party indeed. The food was good. "Barry Dehatchet" taught most of the NPCs and Yenu Liars' Dice while most PCs were out freezing in the cold. We exchanged a few coin over that before putting it back in the loot bucket.

It went very well, besides the freezing cold and the lack of water. There was plenty of time to talk, some people were up until 5am hashing stuff over. Mod was deadlier than expected but we made some headway on plot. All in all, I thought it was a success.

~Carmen

Roan Dari Alki said:
some people were up until 5am hashing stuff over.
Others fell asleep on the table.

Back