The Book of Arden

I wasn't sure what to call it, so yes, I realize that 'Space Mage' sounds as though it refers to some aspects of astrology. Jane exerts mastery over space, a form of rifting that folds the fabric of space to transport matter. I believe he is using the second constant of space to perform the deed, but in simpler terms, one could look at it like folding paper. If there is a better term for a Mage such as this, I would appreciate the information, as Space Mage sounds quite silly.

- Velnaeus Xevaz, of the Seekers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there is a better term for a Mage such as this, I would appreciate the information

"A mage that can Rift." Generally the method is immaterial.

Thank you for clarifying,
-Gideon

"A Mage that can Rift" seems a bit clunky, though, doesn't it?

I am willing to accept different styles of communication exist with no one perfect way.

I prefer, when dealing with something new or potentially confusing, it is better to explain the salient points when transferring information, emphasizing clarity over colorful.

"Jane is a Dragon Mage" would also convey the appropriate power level and respect, even if it's a bit of a general title. Which can have it's own pitfalls.

I suppose it's the difference between a warning on the battlefield, and a high level discusion over tea.

-Gideon

That's the miscommunication that exists when you use the phrase, "Jane is a Mage that can rift." Jane is NOT a Dragon Mage, to my knowledge: he is sImply a Mage that specializes in space magic. There is a significant difference, as his method is not dragon magic rifting, but actual spacial distortion. I would also not put him on the power level of a Dragon Mage. He is like me, as Pyke said, a renegade of magic: though, as a correction to that, we are more likened to Nomads of magic, for we do not conform to the boundaries that mortals have erected, but instead, those that the universe has mandated. We play by the same rules as every other Mage, without the self-restrictions set by those without the desire to explore what lies beyond the veil.

he is simply a Mage that specializes in space magic
I feel you are almost mocking me. How is this clear or helpful information?

as his method is not dragon magic rifting, but actual spacial distortion.
In my opinion there is no meaningful difference, if the end result is the same.

Again, we simply communicate differently. Perhaps in time I will learn to understand your reasoning for emphasizing that which you choose to emphasize.
Unfortunately, currently your words seem very focused on self aggrandization which makes it very difficult for me to take you seriously. You speak to have talent but until you decide to communicate in a way that is productive I can't put any weight behind your words.

Perhaps we will be able to communicate better outside of the dream realm. Maybe then I can gain a better understanding of the situation.

-Gideon

With all this gathering of information, one piece important to me is absent, what information do we have on the selunari of these lands? I haven't been here in quite some time and would like to know anything anyone can tell me. I would like in particular to speak with Pyke, Alahana, and/or Maxwell in public or private about a matter brought to my attention. I thank anyone who has the time to pass this knowledge.

Ardos Irani
Selunari Defender

Gideon,

I suppose the periodic nature of the dream could be hindering this discourse, so yes, it may be wise to save the rest of this conversation for the market day. I would, however, like to express that I meant no insult by my words: in fact, they were meant to carry respect for you as a fellow Magic user and Formalist, by way of not trying to simplify my explanation down as would be required with someone not as well versed in magical studies and practice. I apologize for my words' inadequacy to express that sentiment; I must confess that I am quite new to the concept of politeness in my words, and am currently working to correct such a foul habit.

Ardos!

Strangely, the only Selunari I have encountered outside of adventurers is one from Arden, that was transplanted here.

I have been told most Selunari live in the Empires capitol. I did not meet any when I was there, but my visit was quite brief.

Zhool is not a green dragon. It is quite possible he works for one. But he is NOT one. Unless he can hide himself from other dragons somehow.

He seems fond things like practical jokes and minor mischief. The number of reports of him casting chaos is alarming and I believe to be true although I have not seen it.

A number of people have attempted to attack him with no effect. Literally.

On a power level basis, not enough is known to judge accurately. He has exceptional defenses. Primarily in the form of immunities. He also has at least some dragon magic capability, as well as the ability to rift. I have never known him to attack anyone, so I cannot estimate his offensive abilities.

Zhool is great

In an effort to expedite information, editorial privileges are now being given out.
Please remember, this is a book of public information. Anyone can read it.

I'm sorry Pebbles. My pictures all just look like sticks. Perhaps a true artist would like to add to the book?

Did you know pictures of sticks can represent sounds?
I would be more than willing to help you learn to interpret the stick pictures.

Back