The city streets

Damn, thought Vaegar as the knife disappers from his hand. "You!" he calls out clearly prrturbed at not finding the beast, "why are you skullking around these allys? Do you wish to be mistaken for a villian of the Night?" Vaegar crosses his arms and shifts to one leg to show his sterness.

Well what do we have here?. A Sar??..wait a moment didn't the Commander mention that there was a Sar wandering about the area where the murders took place? Phelan says to himself, scanning the surrounding rooftops and street before he takes a longer look at the newly revealed Sar." My dark friend does have a point there neighbor. You don't exactly look like your out for a moonlight saunter." Keeping a grip on the handles of his blades. Phelan says to the Sar. " What are you intentions this fine night?"

The great lion sarr slowly brings his one hand to his lips and raising his finger to his lips make an unmistakabke shhh motion to you both. You now both notice that even though he emminates a magical aura his is also incased in fine plate.

Phelan cocks one eyebrow at the Sar's gesture and nods his head with a smile on his muzzle. This is one interesting night he thinks with a low chuckle before he returns his attention to the surrounding area.

Ignoring but noting the lack of response and rudeness of this Sarr to his question. Vaegar glances around the ally, focussing on the shadows of the roofs and listening for any foot falls that may warn of an approach.

I can always call for the guard later, when this overgrown House Pet provides nothing from this waitng .

The lion sarr looks back towards an alleyway to the west. You note that he then turns his head to the right and looks at the sewer grate off to the side. After a few seconds he then scans the rooftops to the west. You both hear a low growl come from his throat. He looks at you both, " Quickley get behind me....if you want to live so see the dawn." Phelan you now hear a distant howling sound...comeing from many....many throats. Veagar you see many shadows moving along the rooftops to the west, many and they look very familiar to you as you have encountered them before.

Hearing the howls, Phelan draws his blades from his scabbards and quickly moves behind the Sar. After making sure that He is at Vaegar side to cover him, Phelan tilts back his head and a thunderous howl erupts out of body. As the his howl echoes around them, Phelan yells out " Come and face the blades of a Wolf Kin you cowardly spawns of a poodle and let's see how you fight against a real predator ".

The Hairs on Vaegars neck stand up as the howls raise and fall along the roof tops. The dagger is once again in his had as Phelan moves to his side. It is when the shadows of beasts can be seen that the cold training of combat kicks in and Vaegar's tactical side comes out.

He calmly places a hand on Phelans arm and with a tone that brocks no contention he quitely commands "Into the street, now. Back to back." , tuning to the Sarr. "If you will fight, fight with us. Into the street and prove your worth, Shinzen!".

Turning he pushes Phelan out in to the wide street and stands back to back with his Wolf.

The sarr watches a you move into their killing area and shakes his head. "You are new to this hunting game I see. I expected more from you.....my mistake." He then lets out a roar that is heard throughout the town. Windows pop open, lights sprout into being all about you. The area fills with curious onlookers and the sound of hobnails on cobblestone alerting you to the presence of the watch. As you look up to the roof tops and into the shadows you note that your "prey" has vanished. You turn to look at the sarr and note that he is casting a spell. As he completes his cast you see a vortex forming in front of him. He turns and looks at you both and states, " You have ruined the hunt for me today, do not let that happen again." With that he steps into the portal and is gone.

" Well that was interesting.'' Phelan says, as he sheaths his blades. Turning to Vaegar he asks. "Any idea as to what just happened?"

Staring at the spot in which the portal once stood, Vaegar stands still. His fists are clenched and his body trembles with barely contained anger. His nostrils flare as he holds in the many words he could be yelling in to the night, but even he knows it would be to no good. The Shinzen was gone and the only thing to release his anger upon was Phelan, and that would not do.

Calming his breathing, but still with contempt in his voice, he responds to the Wolf kin, still watching the ally they had come from, "What just happened is that every halfbreed and slave in this city seems to have the ability to cast portals on a whim. No wonder the King is gone, this city is no more safe then a haram full of Orc woman in heat." Veagar turns toward the Wolfkin, "It seems we are done for the night. Try and pick up the scents of the other beasts, but dont follow. Go and get some rest when your done. Ill send for you in time." As an after thought, "Oh, and remember this night, Phelan. Remember who spoiled whoms hunt". Vaegar turns and stalks off towards the Sanctum, mumbling in Dark Elf.

Well it would have been nice to have a little heads up that we were not the only ones out hunting this night. Phelan thinks to him self as he turns towards the direction of the Ogres head tavern. Bloody kitten. He just cost me the chance to prove Thirds innocence in this whole debacle, not to mention that are hunt was interrupted and the life of some innocent city's folk might have ended due to this kittens interference.

With a low irritated growl issuing from his muzzle, Phelan turns his head into the wind trying to catch any trace of stench of the beasts...

Back