The house near the forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It’s probably going to be something like, find the land mass, so we can kill a fey lord, to weaken a dragon mage, to distract a vampire, to.... I forget the other things we are supposed to be doing... but yeah. Do all that to dome how save the shard. Really, if we can detach parts of the shard at the borders and eff off I say let’s go home and take the whole place with us and settle down elsewhere. Let Alzoon burn everything else down or whatever his evil end goal is.”

she poured herself another drink and finished it quickly. “Actually does anyone actually know what his evil end goal is? It can’t just be ending the world can it? Like that’s dumb. Besides the act of ending the world, what does that actually get you? Nothing! because there is nothing left. Evil people who are evil for the sake of it are dumb.”

"I assume he hasn't quite thought that far ahead yet, they usually never do. He might try to destroy this shard and then travel to another, that's what I would do if I was an evil dragon mage. But trying to take over and destroy an entire shard seems like way to much work! So many meetings and contracts and planning and waiting... I don't think I'd have the patience for it." Jinn says with a laugh.

"Give me my realm of eternal beaches and I'd be happy. Wouldn't try to destroy a single thing!"

“Oooo. Eternal beaches. That sounds nice. Really it would be nice to get away from here and just relax.” Rohnan layed down on the bench. “That would be nice. Mmm. Maybe that’s just what Alzoon needs; a vacation.” She laughed. “Hey, what does Alzoon even look like? For some reason I keep picturing Azcain.”

Jinn ponders for a moment, trying to recall the one time he saw the dragon mage.

"He's a gangly looking guy with a stupid hat and a punchable face. The last time I saw him i was in the midst of a sylvanborn rage and trying to cut his head off, so I can't really picture his looks."

Jinn drags another chair back with his feet and props them up on it, sinking deep into his chair.

"He always travels with a group of elementgnolls, so he is easy to spot. Don't let the trash talk fool you, I watched him obliterate one if the guardians with my own eyes. I was standing right beside him when he went down. I watch him shatter Helena's spirit the last time he was in the lux, Bogart too. His power is unbelievable and he is not afraid to wield it as he see's fit, and that is terrifying."

Jinn pauses for a moment, and looks around at who was near him.

"He is part of the reason I don't like the idea of the shorter lived races, humans especially, lengthening their lives through magic or other more nefarious means. They can't seek to handle eternity, and the power they amass seems to warp them somehow."

Jinn chuckles at looks at Ruki, who has been strangely silent this whole time.

"Not you Ruki, your cool."

“That’s true enough. Countless legends and myths of those who have achieved immortality have it to be more of a curse than a gift. Look at DAM. And Biata aren’t knowen for their short lives either. Even we aren’t likely to live forever. We get too bored too easily, though I can do with waiting another two-hundredish years before dying again.” She summoned some empty mana into her hand and started to fiddle with it.

"I still haven't met a sylvanborn who got bored with life, and here are a few living on my glade that are under then anyone can even remember. My plan is to go back to the falls permanently if this live is no longer what I wish to do, I will live out my days there. As for the vampire, I feel like he was always a bit of a prick, driven to such extremes to save his people. Which is a lesson we can all learn. We can not become what we are fighting by doing whatever it takes to claim victory. We must remember what we are fighting for, any why we are fighting, and remain steadfast in our beliefs."

Jinn watches Rohnan out of the corner of his eye, keeping the mana in sight.

"But I am pretty sure I will never become bored with life! There is always new places to travel to, new shards to visit, new hands to hold, new lovers to find. There will always be something that drives me to keep on living."

Jinn laughs and takes a big drink from his tankard.

"And knowing the rest of this clan, I don't see any of us getting bored with life anytime soon."

“Not bored with life.” She scrunched her face as she started to toss the empty mana between her hands. “But just bored in general. I don’t think that any of us want to die, we just love life too much to not live it. Sure you’re safe if you stay still and don’t go out into danger but going out and seeing the world, exploring new lands, kissing a new lover in the rain, attempting to behead dragon mages, you know, doing things that are fun and scary that make life worth living.” She dismissed the mana and put her hans behind her head. “Physically we might be immortal, but our spirits are just as strong as anyone else. And it takes more stubbornness and sheer force of will to not die. If so then every resident of the lux would live forever.”

Jinn's eye's light up and a grin spreads on his face. "But! If one gives up this adventuring life, chances of dying goes down exponentially. I never once felt like I was in danger whenever I've travelled and kissed new lovers in the rain. One can do that without the danger, for the most part." Jinn stops and thinks for a moment. "Actually... one of the last times I left this shard and kissed a new lover in the rain we did end up beheading a dragon mage... forget I said anything, life is dangerous!"

Jinn laughs to himself "Luckily I'm just to damned stubborn to die!"

“Well, I’ll hold you to that.” She said dryly, “in the meantime, I feel a need to prepare. It probably won’t be for too long that more people start trickling back here. Alzoon knows what we are planning and has had all winter to prepare his lands against us even more than they were already. Calan is right, it’s too quiet here.”

Jinn lays his head back against the chair and breathes deeply. "Let him come, it's going to have to happen sooner or later. We've sealed off two of the realms, the world can no longer come to an end. He needed all of the fae lords to make it happen, or so the contracts read. I have grown a little weary of the mindless violence I've had to endure for the past three years fighting him off. So I am going to sit in this chair for a wee bit longer... if the shard does come to the ends times, you'll know where I will be"

Jinn smiles a sly smile and raises his tankard in a cheers motion.

Calan takes everything in then leaves for a walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back