The house near the forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
“I’m doing good Cato, thanks for asking. My studies are good but I’ve gotten everything thing that I can from them for now and aren’t going to be as useful as I first hoped. Which is annoying. How long do you think that you will be back in the Lux for? I was wanting to discuss more with you but maybe later.”

She turned to the new sylvanborn “Good to see you alive Jinn. Calan was so worried. An no. No one recived your message through the sanctum, not even Evo received word.”

Calan observes Cato speaking.
To jinn he explains .
“I could have yes, but I voted against it. We all know how you feel about meetings a spirit farewell or recall just seemed like it would be a kick in the horns. Like imagine you’re at rest then a bunch of sobs call you back for a meeting. Seems selfish, honouring you would be to not try any of that.” Calan let out a sigh,
“It’s been months since I looked at the note I’m sure it’s in the house somewhere but the banners appeared with a hastily written with no information I think all it said was these needed to be returned home.”

“An no” Calan emphasizes

I will only be in the Lux for a day or so. The ArchMage has requested I get back to the city asap in case he needs to speak with me. I would enjoy speaking with you before I leave.

She nodded to Cato. “We’ll definitely talk later then. Nothing too detrimental that it can’t wait. For now though, breakfast I think.” And she moves to start to head to the tavern.

Jinn laughs as Rohnan greets him "I can see how worried everyone was, but I really do have to wonder what you all think of me if you think I could meet my final death on vacation... in New Acarthia of all places. I am pretty certain I sent word to The Sanctum when I made it back to Calandonia, you would think it would have made to to Evo pretty quickly."

He stops for a moment to think. "I'm assuming either it got lost in the shuffle or I didn't actually send it... I was in a bit of a rush when I arrived here. As for the note from Balthazar I could imagine it was very to the point. He was very stone elfish, very blunt."

Jinn watches Rohnan head towards he tavern, and gives her a wave.

"Enjoy your breakfast."

He turns back to Calan. "Oh boy... I am in serious trouble aren't I?"

Calan gives a nod. " I feel like your not wrong one way or another. to be fair she didn't even act all that upset when I went missing, I believe her words to me were I am showing you the amount of care and disregard that you and Jinn have shown me. Which doesn't sound right to me?"

Jinn strokes his chin "Hmm, strange. That is a far cry from how she was last fall. She is easily one of the most protective ones residing within The Lux right now, even with the short amount of time she has actually lived here. Sadly I never really knew past Rohnan, her time in The Lux was barely months before you both went mist walking and came back... But I do like who she is now, hopefully the problem doesn't run to deep."

Jinn turns to his housemates and smiles. "Well I'm sure whatever it is, we can help her figure it out. That or she will return and throw some evocation at me and it will all be over."

“well sir Jinn,” he says with a bit of a bow. “What would you care to do now that you are home?”

Jinn chuckles "HA! I'm going to get in trouble for that one day I'm sure of it. Well, could we get up to? I'm not used to it being so quiet here."

Calan looks to Cato, " what did bring you back my friend? I feel like I haven't seen you in as long as I haven't seen Jinn."

Jinn watches Cato walk into the house "I wonder just what he has been up to in the city for so long. I know both him and Rohnan were studying those new ancient celestial pathways, but neither seem all that excited about them." He sighs "But I have a feeling I know what Cato is up to at least."

Jinn grabs a small chair off of the veranda and set it down beside the steps. Dropping his travel bag down gently he rummages through it for a moment before pulling out a wooden pipe and a small bottle. He sits in the chair, leaning back, and lights his pipe and uncorks the bottle.

"Well I am going to sit back and enjoy a drink. My feet have literally been murdered by all the walking I've done, and I feel like I've earned a bit of rest. Plus it feels like anything interesting will come this way, we have a tendency to attract that sort of thing."

Unclipping the travel tankard from his belt, Jinn pours some of the mead into it and sets the bottle down. He sips it while slowly puffing on his pipe and looking out over the scenery.

Calan takes a seat opposite Jinn; it was nice familiar even home felt like home.
“ I suspect that they are both following your lead, I don’t blame them either. It’s the sort of thing where a little can go a long way and turn the tide on the battlefield.”
Calan removes his hat again and tosses it to jinn.
“what do you think of this?” He asked “I don’t suppose you brought back any of that good drink from new Acarthia? I haven’t had it since we were in the library a year or so ago and I’m kind of craving it.”

Jinn catches the top hat and gives it a once over. "Hmm, interesting. You might have to spar with it on, it may weight you down!" He says with a laugh, and tosses it back. "It's a good hat, a strong hat... I quite enjoy it"

Jinn picks up the bottle and hands it over to his friend. "Of course I brought more Acarthian mead back with me. Finest mead you can get over there, at least that's what the man who makes it says."

Jinn takes another slow sip and exhales, sinking into his chair. "It is good to be back..."

Calan pulls his copper mug from his porch and blows onto it dislodging any dust that was settled in the bottom. He fills it about a quarter full before placing the stopper back into the bottle and passes it back to Jinn. taking a small sip it creates the most satisfying feeling you can imagine as it settles down into his stomach.

“ you know, we should set up some sort oftrade with new Acarthia; I feel like this would brighten the mood of many around here. This place could use a little more happy in it.” Calans face shifts to seriousness as he puts the hat back on. “I’ll tell you more about the braid on the brim latter, you said you needed to take care of things when you got back, and that you’d had visions? What happened?”

The sound of boots on steps could be heard as she climbed up onto the veranda with an apple in hand as Calan spoke. “Yes Jinn, fill us in on your wild adventures.”

She rolled her eyes at Calan and smiled smugly as she took a bite of her apple and took a seat. When she finished chewing she made sure she was looking Calan in the eyes as she said. “Your fathers ring.” Before turning to Jinn. “So, your six month long aventure, how was it?” She asked with a stupid grin of barley contained glee.

Jinn rolls his eyes as he watches the two sylvanborn speak to each other.

"Can cut this tension with a dagger you can, good to see things didn't change to much in my absence."

He picks up the glass bottles and hands it to Rohnan.

"My adventures... oh my adventures, where do I begin? Well I landed about a half a days walk outside of New Acarthia, but luckily there was someone hunting in the area that would direct me towards town. I made it in time for their Walk of the dead, which was strange. I spoke to some spirits, watched other spirits put on a play only to be interrupted by a giant dryad necromancer. So I was enlisted by the leader of a tribe of freemen to jump through a mirror to find said necromancer. Couldn't find him, but the lands of the free persons tribe were corrupted and taken over. I fought a mummy, fought an outsider, saved some wee little adventurers, adopted a sylvanborn, became a dryads knight, jumped into a box that took me to a dram realm, got transported into a nightmare realm and fought a nightmare thingy, then almost killed a bunch of my friends because something was in my head, Fought nightmare hounds, drank a bunch, almost got in trouble with a Baron, watch someone assassinate a dutchess, watched someone get obliterated, I also worked in the tavern for a bit."

Jinn takes a breath and a long drink.

"That was just the weekend... I was only gone from this shard for a week or so."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back