The new Sheriff ain't no greenhorn

Whoa, yer dreamin way to fast for me, I caught a few words in there that made sense, but I'm afraid I didn't quite follow you until the 'does that clear up your question'. I think I'm getting what the sherriff is sayin, but is Briarpass a lady or a place or both? Cause it seems like she welcomes people, which is nice, but also has citizens, which is usually a town thing.

-Unknown, and confused.

This is interesting. I have never known anyone but the very powerful or Fae to be able to conceal their identity in the dreamworlds. Perhaps a reminder that our dreams may echo places we do not expect?

-Shin

A great many things in life are not alive in the traditional sense, like a sword, or a boat or the sea. As a soldier comes to rely on his blade to protect his life, he may give it a name or start to think on it as an old friends. When sailors have spent time on the sea they come to know that the sea has moods, like a lover or mother, or something more vengeful. These things may not truly be alive, but over time we come to think on them as such.

I've seen Briarpass go through many changes, but the people who make their homes there and the land itself come together to breath some life into the town of Briarpass. It is hard for me to think of Briarpass simply in terms of a plot of land on a map. Briarpass is far more than dirt, rocks, and trees. Briarpass is the sum of all the hope of the people who live within it's borders. Briarpass is their past and their future. Briarpass is, in a way, like a mother to the people who call it home.

To some Briarpass is just a town, just a place. To me Briarpass is a home. I like to think that she has moods, reflected in the winds and the weather, that the people of Briarpass are her heart and her spirit. That is simply how I feel.

Hennessy,
Adopted son of Briarpass

Wraith said:
This is interesting. I have never known anyone but the very powerful or Fae to be able to conceal their identity in the dreamworlds. Perhaps a reminder that our dreams may echo places we do not expect?

-Shin

I'm not hiding anything, I'm who I always have been even when dreaming, its not my fault nobody knows my name yet.

It seems strange to me to convince yourself to think of a thing as a thing that is not the same thing. I think I'll come by brairpass in the next few days, depending on how long it takes to get there, perhaps three or four days from now and maybe I can figure out how a thing can be so many things.

-Unknown, but framilar

I have not 'met' any number of those whose dreams I have shared here, at least not physically. Yet their dreams also carry a sense of what they choose to call themselves. An interesting dilemma.

-Shin

Perhaps the other dreamers that know them provide the context for the others, I'm no expert on dreams.

-Known but not by name

Wherefore keep you your name hidden on a dreamthread meant to congratulate a new Sheriff? There be nye threat here. I mean nye disrespect...I were just wondering.

My names Durl, I wasn't keeping it hidden, I just haven't met any of you folks yet.

-Durl

Back