Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fauns

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Woodlings

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No change

Votes: 47 42.3%

• Total voters
I think many chapters have local names for many races.

In HQ alone we have 3 different cultures of "pink" elves, Barbarians are called Vansir, Gypsies are Romani, MWEs are Children of Camulous, Sarr are Gorbe, Stone elves call themselves Kyralia, there are two cultures of dwarves, two types of biata, a new ogre culture (name not discovered IG yet, so FOIG) and I won't tell you what the Dark Elves call themselves. ;)

In NJ there are Willow Elves, MANY different breeds of Sarr, Folk (barbarians), Sand Elves. The Orcs there call themselves Sastrawan...

In Caldaria there are Ansconi, Arkelian races...

The list goes on. My point is that chapters have the freedom to create cultures in which these races call themselves something else. Changing the name OOG is really just academic.

Ezri said:
In NJ there are Willow Elves, MANY different breeds of Sarr, Ffolk (barbarians), Sand Elves. The Orcs there call themselves Sastrawan...

1) You forgot the most important elves in NJ, the Sand Elves. Your punishment for this transgression will be paid by Taima whenever she gets to mee Kalaji. ;) Oh, there are Wild Elves in NJ, too.

2) NJ barbarians are Folk (one F). Ffolk (two F's) are an HQ NPC race from somewhere in the Ash Forest IIRC.

1) Read the whole sentence
2) Thanks for pointing out the typo

Ezri said:
1) Read the whole sentence

The two F's must have distorted my vision. ;)

Ezri said:
2) Thanks for pointing out the typo

I didn't think it was a typo. I thought it was an HQ plot thing.

I love that there is friction in that, as the rule book states, Mystic Wood Elves are not elves but were called that by people who looked at their pointed ears and mistook them for elves.

Just remember that we need friction to move anywhere.

Please, leave me as a Mystic Wood Elf, and let me claim that I am Ansconi, and not any kind of Elf.

-Ondreij

It may have been prudent to start things off with a "Should we go for a name change vote." and then if that succeeded go for the name list. =)

I voted for Woodfolk, but would be fine with any that did not contain either the words 'mystic' or 'elf'.

MWE is fine, if you want a new name for yours talk to whoever writes your chapters race packets. In crossroads Ogres don't call themselves Ogres. We are the Sandborn. You can call me an Ogre (and I am an Ogre) but my character will correct you.

I don't have a duck in this race, but I find Mystic Wood Elf still is my pref.

Now if local groups want to call their MWE by a local name, I would find that fine...just like I am an American but also a Michigander.

I agree with the throngs of no-changers.

Leave Mystic Wood Elf as a universal name for the race for simplicity's sake and allow individual chapters to create a unique name for their flavor of Mystic Wood Elves.

In addition, I would like to see Mystic Wood Elves get an unlimited racial Obliterate usable only against people that call us "Mee-Wee's".
All in favour?

I would change it for the same reason I wouldn't name my kid Daniel, Michael, Nathaniel and so on, because the outcome in not what you sought. It's Dan, Mike, Nate...Not that those are bad, just not what I would I was shooting for.

"MeeWee" is awful, and I die a little inside everytime it is uttered.

Don't change it because Mystic Wood Elf sounds bad.

Change it because it will forever be marred by that cursed friggin acronym, which, until loooong after no printed example of Mystic Wood Elf remains on the earth, will still remain. So we might as well get the ball rolling.

If anything just drop "mystic"

Dom said:
If anything just drop "mystic"

Naw, cause then they'd be confused with "real" wood elves. I don't play a MWE, but I find MeeWee to be quite obnoxious (despite the fact I use it all the time due to Mystic Wood Elf being way too long of a name).

i like the local flavor idea let a chapter call them what they want and yet at the same time be a part of a hole as a race....

mystic wood folk for the win that's what they have been called in SF for years but then aging its not a big dif

One word names are best

Why not Horned Elf? Stone Elf is "stoned", a Dark Elf is "Dark". Horn Elf has horns.

I will take 1,000 DS please. Hehehehe Just kidding.

Back