The price we pay

Oh you are quite right, it takes much more, cheif amoung the requirements is time and dedication. Eventualy, if enough time goes by, everyone sees five lights. Its a oversimplified analogy for their people in general. For people who live over multiple millenia there is more then enough time to make sure that everone complies.

Who do we hold responisible for those who submit? Do you blame them for giving into the overwhelming presence of their society and not having enough will to find another way, or do you blame those who put them in that situation? Do we hold them equaly accountable? I mean no offence, I am curious to hear your veiw.
Amaranthus

Amaranthus,
I felt the pain you felt. It cut me to the very fiber of my being (possibly more than you can imagine) . (As did Ren and Tehlok (SP)) I ask you this: Would they have permitted us to enter their city and repair their Stone? Is it even possible to do that? How many people would have died (Inocent women, children, defenseless farmers) in the mean time while we attempted such a feat? I do not condone genocide. War is pain, I have come to understand this. You cannot blame yourself for not finding an alternate solution, it seems like you wish to beat your self up and feel more guilt over this and want company to share in your misery. Timing was critical if the multiple onslaughts that came in waves the last few days were not apparent. I lament that it came to what needed to be done, but the Icenia did what was necessary to protect the population for further harm. When the body is infected with a sickness, sometimes you need to cut off the part of the body that is diseased to save the rest. That is the price to save a life, that is what was needed to be done. You lament the loss, but you dont wear the black armband forever. You rebuild and move forward. I ask you to meditate on that and if you wish to have a more private conversation I will make myself available at your convenience to be of council.

In service to the lands I travel,
Squire Symerille Strongbow Foxfire
Elemental Warden of Icenia
Guildsman of the Fairsdale and Ashbury Mages Guild

The analogy to amputation does indeed seem quite fitting, Symerille. Amputation is someting that people only wish to have happen as a last resort. There is also extensive healing that needs to take place after the act is done.

I will meditate on this.

Telokh Amdo

Even now my dreams are filled with the nightmarish things we have done. I can her and see just as you do Amar, and know that we did not do this in vane. I was next to the stone when it shattered. I am well aware of the deth of innocents. But if you never heared me before, or will never hear me again, please, hear this:

Our children are safe. We no longer have to fear the mind-groping that we all stay half-awake worring about. Yes, Genocide is a terrible and offencive thing, and I do not always condone the saying "ends justify the means" but ours is a special case. But as you said, you yourself do not know if EVERYONE was killed in this. And we may use what has happened as a tool. Tell our young what we have done to save them and their future, so they may have the time we did not to think of another way. You said you have only a night's time to try to think of another option. Prepare those who may be faces with another question lke this to take more time. To think harder and listen to the passions we all tap into as we fight for our freedome and way of life.

I will never let myself forget the voices of the people dieing that tore through my head. I will never let myself forget how it felt to have my mind played with like a toy, telling me my friends were not so loving and that my life was a waste if I did not join the Dominion. If you turly think that this was a mistake, that this was the wrong in every way, then do something about it. I am not saying this is how I personaly feel, but if this is what your heat is telling you, use it. Make sure this never happenes again. Do not let history repeat itself.

Nichole Delonchre Merik

My opinion wont really matter too much considering I had joined the fight at the very end and could only learn so much before it had all ended. the whole genocide issue can be and has to be put in the past , if you dwell on the past it can eat you alive. I am one to talk...

learn from this, it was a big reminder to me why this necromancy crud is illegal and to make sure no other civilizations are being raised on such filth values.

~Vincent Tarethial~

Back