The questionable traits of some

Heya there Liddia,

I have a wonderdful Idea... I think ya oughta get married, build a house with your new husband raise two wonderfull children in that house....

then one day, outta blue go ahead and tell your children to go live with a complete stranger and set fire to yar own house while you take your wife into hiding in da woods.

I know Mary Lou broke da law, but you broke your Oath.

Billy Ray Gepsum.

Billy Ray Gepsum,

I did not know who the archer really was, nor did I tell on that identity.

Liddia

You talked and you know it... You gave your oath on behalf of your family that you would take that secret to your grave and you broke that oath.Well Liddia Oathbreaker what did they offer you? a lighter sentence for Togashin? maybe they told ya that they would be talking to those men instead of torturin em? Maybe they told you you didnt need to lose face or your position in wayside or your work as a diplomat? They offer you gold? ritual scrolls? good standing with a guild? WHAT WAS THE PRICE OF YOUE WORD?

Billy Ray Gepsum

Billy Ray,

Be calm. You must be clearheaded and rational now. Your well-being depends on it. I will help Dramthin see to your children; no worries on that front, my dear friend.

It is not much consolation as I know and have seen how much you care for your children. I will see to your daughter's care as well, unless you'd prefer me to have her sent to some actual family of yours or Mary Lou's, in which case I will see her there myself.

I know this is awful for you, and that Liddia broke her word to you, and made things worse. But do not make yourself overwrought. It will be handled.

You've my word on it.

Keep a weather eye out for my pidgeon. We will discuss this and more at length, away from prying eyes.

Kind of amusing how one of the people complaining the most did this same exact thing at the past market day in Gaden. Ran a group adventure and one person took the items of power that were found and never made any kind of payment to the others in the group. However, I will wait for said person (who knows who she is) to send me a private missive and let me know what is going on.

Aeneaus

Uh, I didn't take them.

Though the scroll, which is (when I had it identified) a Monster Reaver was stolen from me at some point whilest I was bleeding out on the ground, after having yanno, risked life and limb to heal just about everyone at least once while we fought the Corrupted in the dark. Oh, and we went out into the dark, if I recall, to save a catalyst called "The Last Hope of a Dying Land" which was behind a ward in the cabin. Last I checked -- my land wasn't dying, yours was.

The item itself, which I also had to fight through swaths of baddies (with help, of course) to have identified is a once a day web, twice a day bind item that is going to lose the magic attached to it (I was told) in six to eight months. I believe I related this information to you at some point, Aeneaus.

But if you want to be all cranky and accusatory, that's peachy with me.

If you'd like the item, or perhaps to tell me what you think its worth -- fine. I can either provide you with a share of the cost, or the item and you can pay me and your compatriots. If you'd like, I can have a merchant appraise the item and then sell it to him or her and give you a share of the money -- but as the item's magical properties are soon to expire, I do not expect it to be much.

But don't act like I took the item on purpose. That I very carefully kept you in the dark. I told you what it was, I told you I had it, and I never intended to keep it. Things got crazy, and I didn't see you at all on Sunday morning before I took the mists home. You were more than capable of finding me, AND you were invested in my ward, so you could have come to wake me if it had been that important to you.

I may not have an Elemental Knight to say so, but slander against my good name is not something I take kindly to.

Find me at the next market day when you have decided upon whichever solution suits you.

((Uhhh... edit that post to ammend that the item is 1/d poison shield, 1/d paralysis, as Mandie is a tard and just pulled out the tag on the item in question. Furthermore -- why can't we edit posts? That's just silly.))

I would like to start off by stating I am not from Gaden so it was not 'My Land" Last I knew Vandlar was not dying. But I protect the land I am in like it is my own. I am an adventurer it is sort of what I do. And the scroll was stolen from you while you were bleeding on the ground... Everything I owned was stolen from me while I was on the ground DEAD. Perhaps you remember the whole me being dead part? And kind of funny...If I were to be trying to accuse you and try to slander your "good" name I would have assumed I wouldnt have waited for you to let me know what was going on. I thought the whole waiting for you to explain it kinda made it not slander as I chose not to open my mouth until I knew the facts. You are the one who chose to bring this out into public. I was not trying to start a fight with you or anyone else...I merely wanted to know what happend to the item...If infact the item is going to expire soon keep it whatever I dont care...Just don't threaten me I do not appreciate it...

A

And I wanted to thank you Elysia, You have made me decision to stop adventuring for a while alot eaisier to make. I wish all of you in Briarpass the best of luck in your upcoming endeavors. To those of you whom I could call a friend please keep in touch...I am always just one dream away...

Until Our Paths Cross Again May Fortune Smile Down Apon You And Those You Hold Dear,
A

I never threatened you, Aenaeus.

And just because you "hinted" at my identity didn't mean you didn't call me out. If you had wanted to keep things private, you wouldn't have tried to chide me in a public forum. You'd have sent me a pigeon. You'd have been like, "Hey Elysia, what happened to that necklace and scroll?" -- You wouldn't have been snide, and you wouldn't have tried to hide behind a very thin, very false, "anonymous" hint.

I realize you're angry that people stole from you. But I did not steal from you. So do not act like I am the cause of your problems. I am sorry you want to quit adventuring. It's not for everyone, and it is never easy. Not on the heart, the spirit, or the will. It's not for everyone.

Anyone who's done this for a long while will tell you that.

But what they'll also tell you is that things and posessions are fluid, and that you can always get more. People stole your things. So what? Come to the next market day, I will take you on some quests, get you some coin. I will procure you another longsword, and if I can find it -- a crossbow. You can also have the necklace. I can cast both spells set upon it from memory -- I've no need of it.

If you feel the need to repay me for the sword and crossbow, consider them a loan and you can repay me when you feel appropriate. I know some warriors want a sword or weapon that is wholly "theirs" -- not something just given to them. Sometimes earning things makes them feel like they're worth more. If this is the case with you, then I am willing to take your coin, but not until you've the coin to spare.

I would hate to see you go off angry, if adventuring is really what you love.

But ultimately, the choice is yours. No one can walk the path for you. You must decide, and then walk the path yourself.

You do not, however, have to walk it alone.

Back