The Upcoming Town Battles

satsukirebel

Scholar
For those of you who plan t' be comin' this next market day I'd appreciate it if you'd stop by the tavern and "check in" as it were. I'll be settin' up a list of attendance which should 'elp us get accurate numbers for redistributin' our finds. In the past we've scrambled to figure out 'ow many people we 'ad figh'in' with us. This 'as lead to missin' payments and anger at those who're volunteerin' their time in the process. Often they've 'ad to go without gettin' paid themselves because the moneys gone. So, I'm askin' from one adventurer to another, let's all just please get together and 'elp do us all a favor.

Sincerely,
Miss Alyce Sharp

I would recommend a policy of if you don't "check in" you don't get your share but I myself obviously cant institute it.

I would recommend watching closely. As mi familia is aware, is most likely you are being robbed when someone is offering to make sure of 'fairness'.

-Nikolai

Gorka hasn't ever had problem counting even when her head pound and what to just beat some nasty thing. Gorka can count high, and in whole integers. List good idea not lose anyone to nasty corrupted generals, or spiders.

-Gorka
Healer of Gaden

I'm sorry mister gypsy, do you know me? If you've come to insult my intentions then we best be 'avin' a chat on that when we meet again.

Let's be clear 'ere, I care about gettin' paid and makin' sure everyone else does too and I'll be damned if there's somethin' wrong with that. In case you're wonderin' it's not my job to count the money or auction the finds. Forests Edge 'as taken over that task and I'd say they're doin' a fairly good job of it, Gorka included. 'Owever, as I'm standin' in for McGregor as the current tavernkeep and I'm around so much it makes sense t' be gettin' an accurate count at a central location. I'll be givin' the list over t' those who need it. Gorka is right, this could 'elp insure our safety as well should we be needin' to.

I mean, wot the 'ell? How would anyone be "robbin'" the people by 'avin' an accurate 'ead count? For peter's sake!

-Miss Sharp

Be assured, is no offense meant. But as I have seen in Empire, and in dealing with adventurers elsewhere, only reason that most will want such knowledge is to make sure they get biggest slice of pie.

-Nikolai

Nikolai,

I know you and have fought with you, and you have proven yourself a worth ally.

However, I would suggest that you hold your tongue in this matter. I vouch for Miss Sharp's credibility and honesty in this matter. It is not advisable to continue down this road of slander, I guarantee that it would not end well.

Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Humble Militiaman of Hope's Reach

What slander are you talking about? He said he meant no offense.

Tets

Salutations and greetings all around.

It seems that with this coming up over and over again I would like to bring up my own issues with this debacle that is the "Town Loot". When it comes down to it, and even split across the bored is unfair and please, give me a chance to explain my reasoning for this claim and I think you will all agree.

For starters, there are some of us who place themselves in higher risk situations and as such require more, earthen attention. This is not bad, nay, I comment them and their bravery, yet their cut of the loot does not... While more spells and elixirs and/or potions are used on them, they are still the ones in the front. I have no personal solution for this, but someone must being it up as an issue for there to be talk about it.

Secondly, those of use who pay large amounts of our personal coin so that others may fight on. Alchemy and Potions are expensive to make and with the less then stellar response to more reasonable prices, it leaves those of us that create such goods often times in the red. The same is true for those of you who buy them and use them. This issue has a simple fix however. Before the town embarks a pot is made of healing items. This pool of goods is tallied and the town agrees upon an adequate amount. After, when things are being split, the pot is immediately compensated, and the remaining loot is split as it has been or how ever it might be split down the road.

Finally, do not simply auction off magic items. It would be far more beneficial to the continued defense of the town to have those spread out. As I have seen it, only a select few will gain such valuable items. All of us fight hard every market day to fend off the ever encroaching Corrupt yet the tools we so desperately need are always placed in the hands of those who already have the power to make a difference. I do not deny the necessity of Forest Edge and Sheriff Ferrn. You all risk your lives time and again for the town. Please, place some faith in us to have your backs and allow us all to be equipped for these dark times that are ahead.

Thank you for listening to an elf's rant and I urge all of you to think on my words. It may be some time before I can see you all once more in person but perhaps when next I come to town some truly amassing progress will have been made that leaves everyone at the very least satisfied.

-Arrin Fillrith
Alchemist of Harbors Far

Gorka hasn't seen you in town for a quite a few market days Arrin.

You want to do it differently Do it differently when you go adventuring in a small group, test it there, see what works THEN come back with all this about change. We don't need it now. If Riches are the only reason you are fighting ageist corrupt and undead I don't think I want to share the battle field with you.

Your statements annoyed Gubba cus last time annoying debates like this started they were Annoying.

- Gorka &
Gubba

Volpe hear townies argue again. Townies use many long words and many new words.
Volpe not fully understand why townies all argue over metal bits and fighting. Fighting fine when for something like survive.
Volpe know metal bits tradeable. But not sure worth killing for.
But Volpe think elfie cowbirding & up to something about metal bits. Maybe elfie want more bits and try not show it, like in cub games. Volpe not know for sure.
Volpe will continue to watch townies argue, maybe learn something more!
But Volpe think Gorka probably right.

~ Volpe

Volpe,

I'll give you a shiny metal bit to define the word "Cowbirding" for me. That seems like a worthwhile place to spend coin...entertainments, services, and goods.

Fern

Fern no see what cowbirds do? Fern not know what all tribe cubs know? Fern should get new tribe Destiny Callers to learn from.
Showing cowbirding would be better, but Volpe not know how to here. So Volpe try teach with townie words.
When strangers usually approach cowbirds nests, cowbirds attract attention. Sometimes fake injury. try make you follow.
Or cowbird fly at you, pester you, annoy you. Sometimes make you follow, sometimes drive you away.
Tribe Destiny Callers teach cubs cowbird do this for young or mates. Make strangers not pay attention to them by drawing their attention to something else or themselves. That be cowbirding.
Does Fern now understand?

~ Volpe

I think so Volpe, if nothing else I owe ya a bit. So how is the elfie cowbirding?

Fern

Elfie first say those who "place themselves in higher risk situations" should get something better.
Elfie then speak about putting "Alchemy and Potions" things in "pot".
Next Elfie say "After, when things are being split, the pot is immediately compensated, and the remaining loot is split as it has been or how ever it might be split down the road".
See? Elfie draw attention to what he first say. Then try to get you to follow on second bit.
Volpe note Elfie is "Alchemist". If townie follow second bit, he benefit, Yes?

~ Volpe.

I myself do agree with the "Elfie's" bit on magic items. I think weaker adventurers should get at least some of the magic items found.

deoman said:
I would recommend a policy of if you don't "check in" you don't get your share but I myself obviously cant institute it.

Perhaps you could explain this to me? Why should someone not get there share just because there name didn't get written down on some list?

-Tets

Because, Tets, would make theft 'moral'. After all, all who were 'there' were paid, da?

-Nikolai

Back