The Waymaker Network

Banradi

Adept
First of all, please understand that the entirety of the Waymaker Network is under my purview, protection, and jurisdiction. Any action taken on the stones or the network itself will be taken as a direct offense to me. This will be dealt with appropriately.

I have spoken with Solar Pendari and ordered the creation of 10 new Waystones, which I will connect in the coming months when I become more available after dealing with the white wyrm Bleak. I would like to thank the Celestial Guild for their aid of formal and resources in this matter, as this will help to speed along the healing process, which I have begun already after initially stabilizing it with the very being of myself.

I will also begin to manipulate the stones so that they will function more efficiently. My current order of business:
  1. Allow everyone access to the network, instead of needing formal magic to do so.
  2. Increase the efficiency of the network so that it costs mere coins to activate, as opposed to formal components
  3. Add buttons to the stones, similar to the buttons that were once one the Waymaker Stones in Dragonreach. This will allow the user to punch in a code and activate the stone, as opposed to announcing where they wish the stone to take them, although you may activate them as you currently do if you desire.
If you have any other suggestions on how you would like the stones to operate or think that I should reorganize the above priorities, please do not hesitate to suggest them to me. Know however that I have final say in this matter, and don’t really care if you disagree with me at end of it.

Furthermore, a few lessons on how you can help take care of the network moving forward:
  1. Do not travel with any more than 60 people through the network at one time. This puts unneeded strain on the network and can cause serious damage. Groups of 15 or less are preferred.
  2. Do not attempt to be clever with the stones in any way, shape, or form. I assure you, you are not clever.
  3. When using the network, please treat it with the same respect that you may show someone while visiting their home, as the network is mine. If it is not treated as such, then I will not be having many visitors over in the future.
Safe Travels,
Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry
Waymaker

Last edited:
Banradi -

That shattering of the Waymaker stone this past weekend was done entirely under my care. It's destruction is completely on me.

Per your announcement - I expect you to come speak to me and me alone for what happened to. No one else has any responsibility for its unexpected destruction .

Again my deepest apologies for what happened. I made a mistake and I take full responsibility for it.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avacyn,

Understood. Thank you. That was hardly a stone in the first place... Thankfully the key in question has most certainly been drained of its usefulness or outright destroyed, and I do not have to worry about it being used in the future.

I showed poor judgement in selling a key for a few extra coin. That error will not be made again.

-Waymaker

Last edited:
I know what The Waymaker Banradi says is true- so to the person you gave me use of their key for my actions to assist the Beekin- when the Waymaker key you purchased does in fact lose usefulness or is destroyed - speak to me about reparations for your purchase. My request for aid is what negatively effected your valuable Waymaker key and harmed Waymaker Banradi's network- I will do what I can to assist you get back your losses.

Waymaker Banradi- I expect my offense to have consequences.

Yours in Service,
Cyn

*clearly frustrated*

Bloody--- Cyn.

Please stop talking about this. I don't need your apologies and for you to continually yammer on about this. Also it's not about an instance of "when". It's already happened. We will discuss privately if you so wish... Everyone already knows how much you like to talk and sacrifice yourself. I'd like to keep this dreaming about the network in general, and not about your specific instance that started the need for this dreaming in the first place.

-Waymaker

If it could not be construed earlier, please note that I have full jurisdiction when it comes to matters of the Waystones. I forgot this fancy word initially, and have corrected it in my announcement above.

I would also request that in these lands you refer to me as either Waymaker or Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry. Either is fine.

Thank you.

-Waymaker

Waymaker,

I'd like to sit down with you sometime after you're done with Bleak, and talk to you about the magic behind the stones, and perhaps, with your permission, witness the creation of one of the stones. The magics that allow for the travel have always fascinated me.

Eric

Eric,
Those are my favorite discussions. I'd be happy to talk with you about them at some point in length.

Gronk,
My friends call me Radi. I don't consider many of the people here in Wayside my friends. You included. Feel free to call me whatever you'd like, just know that I won't respond otherwise from here on out.

-Waymaker

Radi,

If I can help with repairs in anyway, please let me know.

Ignathis

I'm afraid this project must be halted at this time. At the very least, I've fixed your network to a semi-functional state. You're welcome. Although with me gone and assuming the Celestial Guild still tries to put up more stones without my help, it will fall apart yet again. Likely soon. And trust me, I know what I'm talking about, as much as you wish I didn't. I'm not here just to continue fixing my home when you screw things up. Feel free to improve it on your own, although I'm sure those in power will continue to restrict its access. That or continue to let it deteriorate.

Also, to anyone who has problems with me, please do not show what I can only imagine to be cowardess, and actually speak to me next time instead of hearing it secondhand through my distraught mother.

On that note, if any of you even think about laying a hand on her for any of this, you will have the entire Irani clan and our allies rally against you, which is highly ill-advised. Although this is probably of little matter as she is moving to Dragonreach this winter anyway.

**** You Wayside. You're not worth my time. Perhaps I'll come back in 1,000 years once you all are finally dead and try again.

-Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry

Last edited:
I'll check with the celestial guild and see where we at with the waystones. If our waystones are in disrepair I'll make sure that they're fixed.

-Asura Akuma

Last edited:
Hey Radi,

I don't tink you gotta worry about anyone attackin' yer mom just cuz you're being an ***. Dat's all on you.

GRONK

Perhaps I overreacted. I apologize. As I continue to manage the network, I am learning how useless and irrational emotions are, and quite frankly, any sense of humanity. That being said, I mean what I said and I still do not plan to visit again during your lifetime. Feel free to think of me however you like.

As much as it pains me to leave a network in such a state, I refuse me or my home to be considered as a simple tool in these matters. There is a level of respect I would ask for... I would almost say I understand the importance of bowing to nobility now, and will now do as such within your lands as is custom.

Thank you. Best of luck in your endeavors.

-Waymaker

P.S. Asura, if you or Solar Pendari get the time every now and then, I'd be curious to hear how the network is doing. That way, I can be adequately prepared once I return in the future.

Last edited:
I have stayed silent as long as I can- but there are things I would like to say.

To begin- while I will only refer to him as Waymaker as is respectful in this- make no mistake he is my son.

I believe this is stemming from a lack of understanding and in that- an unfortunate lack of respect.

I will explain as best I can- I may make mistakes but I will still try.

As I understand it the network in Wayside was not functioning well- according to information Waymaker shared before he put himself into the network so he could begin to work to heal it. He told a story of dragons and a goblin.

This was in May of this year- before that the entire network stoped working or only working dangerously.

At this time Waymaker was also holding together the network in Dragonreach and planning to place the most dangerous Waystone ever created on the plane of Vacuum in Dragonreach. Waymaker was clearly using a good deal of himself to maintain these things and still he gave more of himself to help us in Wayside. Waymaker sacrificed for the network and Wayside - he worked tirelessly to heal it and Make it better. He was working to make it so an elite few did not have more access to it than the common people. He was healing it and making it stronger. For this we should be thanking him.

Waymaker did this because he loves the network - it is his home and it is in many ways a living being on it's self. I have seen the inside of a network made and maintained by Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry and The Waymaker and it is ...breathtakingly beautiful. This is because the people of Dragonreach have the respect to allow those who know better maintain and care for their Waymaker Network.

Now back to Wayside and It's Waymaker network - and Waymaker.
I am not sure any of you understand how much Waymaker has given to The Waymaker network in Wayside- he has worked tirelessly to heal it- to fix problems those who were supposed to maintain the network caused- I am sure out of misunderstanding.
He did this while maintaining Dragonreach's network and placing an impossible stone and fighting Bleak... he did this because he felt it was important that Wayside's network was healed and improved ...

In exchange he asked for respect - not just of him but of his Home- the network he saved. The network he healed .
Calling it a tool is insulting and not being able to see the work he did ... is just unnecessarily blind.

I understand that maybe no one quite understood all of this- the work the effort and the dedication of Waymaker ... but very few if any of you asked. A person sacrificed for Wayside and few of you even asked if he was ok. You all knew he was doing a major and dangerous thing last May to heal the network - he publicly announced it. You knew suddenly the network was working again-or maybe you did not because it is such a - specific - allowance that can use the stones.

But in the end- Waymaker- Banradi Irani Moduri Newberry - Radi- asked for respect of his home and his work and the title he earned- I am both confused and ashamed at how hard that seems to be for so many people. We demand respect for people who have done far less.

I hope this clears up why Waymaker has in the greatest sense of the words -
"The entirety of the Waymaker Network is under my purview, protection, and jurisdiction". Those words are the truth of this mater - Waymaker should be allowed control of the Waymaker Network because he is the one with the knowledge and power to maintain , heal and improve it.

I know this will be likely followed up with- "well Others can do it too "or "he only says he does."... sadly you are wrong. Wayside reached out to Waymaker when our Waymaker Network failed and began to collapse- there was a reason for that. Waymaker is the one who has the ability to heal and control the network- and all he asked for was our respect - how prideful are we?

I am sure this will also be met with- if Waymaker showed respect for others in the past or now- maybe we would give him respect... that is a hollow statement from a Kingdom who holds so stringent to respect for nobility that slander is easily suggested in everyday interactions.

While my son is looking to protect me - if you have issue with my family - please let me know. I like to know where me and mine stand among friends .

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Cup Bearer Avacyn,

Oh dats rights i forgot dat waymaker is a title. I have to go find da scribes of Terna and rewite books since we miss dat! Since as long as i remember waymaker is NOT a title! KNIGHT is a title. LADY/LORD is title. DUKE is title. Dont forget dat! Waymaker is not. You can call self what you want, but dont mean we have to respect da title you give yourself!

Radi, i dont use fancy stones, but if people say you fix, then i will respect you for fixing tem. Not respect for title you give self. So dank you for fixing and i will respect you for that.

Ser MountainTusk
Knight of Duchess Fairfax

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ser MountainTusk,

I agree with you - it is not a recognized title- and I was not asking for respect for the title .

I was asking for respect for the man who wishes to be called it. My apologies if that was confusing.

I used the title because I care about giving respect. In fact I can only think of one major misstep of respect I have made and that was in private.

So to be clear the respect goes to the man- not the title in this case . And isn't that more important than respecting a title- but to respect the person who holds it...

Yours In Service,
Cyn

I won't lie, I made quite a few mistakes as an adventurer, but one thing I was told by my dear friend and Baron when I was granted land and title that will never leave me:

Never explain; never complain.

Stick to your conviction and leave it at that, otherwise you dig yourself a hole that you will never emerge from. You are on the right road Cupbearer, but make sure you do not stray from the path.

Baron Eren Davis
Baron of Fairfax under her grace Duchess Neheris Fairfax

Your Excellency Baron Davis,

Thank you. I will try very hard not to.

Also thank you, your Excellency, for being a man I have always respected - title or no title.

Yours In Service,
Cyn

Thank you Cupbearer Ironrose. Thank you Ser Mountaintusk. Thank you Baron Davis.

Your words are all much appreciated. I did not expect this to be as dramatic as it ended up being, much to my displeasure. That will not happen again.

-Waymaker

Back