Tonfas

Or cloth with dyes. People develop dye allergies all the time. (Holly working in the top allergic contact dermatitis clinic in the world reveals all sorts of allergies you didn't think would occur.)

Oh, we shouldn't play during the daylight, because someone might have xp (xeroderma pigmentosum). Or in climates that allow water to fall at random from the sky (aquagenic pruritus).

Personally, I just coat my weapons in peanuts. Makes it easier to loot the poor bastards.

I'm all for letting people test out new weapon designs with me. Just, uh, fly on down to LA or send me a roundtrip ticket, and I'll be happy to do my part.

jpariury said:
Personally, I just coat my weapons in peanuts. Makes it easier to loot the poor bastards.

Okey, to me, this was funny on many levels. The best being:

"That wasn't a valid hit!"
"Are you kidding me? You have a squirrel munching on your leg!"

This inevitably reminds me of a birthday cake coated spell packet.

"You! With the yellow frosting! Confine!"

zehnyu said:
This inevitably reminds me of a birthday cake coated spell packet.

"You! With the yellow frosting! Confine!"

Best encounter ever.... Followed promptly by people getting eaten by a dragon.

~Joe

I Invoke the powers of Chaos to raise this thread!

So... You could make one 'Tonfa' as a standard shortsword with a crossguard that only extends out in one direction, and the other 'Tonfa' as a very oddly shaped shield with no rigid parts. You might be able to get the look while still being within the safety guidelines.

FrankManic said:
I Invoke the powers of Chaos to raise this thread!

So... You could make one 'Tonfa' as a standard shortsword with a crossguard that only extends out in one direction, and the other 'Tonfa' as a very oddly shaped shield with no rigid parts. You might be able to get the look while still being within the safety guidelines.

Theoretically, yes. However this would defeat the purpose of the Tonfa as you would be better off with just a shortsword and a shield. Without using the side projection handle, you might as well just have a club.

Bah, let 'em have tonfas. I am so not scared. Unless I was a rice pattie Dryad ripe for harvest or something.

Did you know tonfa guy actually appeared in the movie 300? He was the 3rd guy from the bottom left in the wall of bodies. Thats what you get for bringing farming equipment to a sword and board fight.

I mean if we are going to try to allow rules for every makeshift weapon I demand rules on a prison shiv.

...wasn't there an Earth Shiv that went out in Deadlands?

It was a coreless throwing knife about 5" long. PCs got very excited.

I suppose you could put a open cell foam thrusting tip on a throwing knife.

Can you touch assassinate with thrown weapon?

Nope thrown weapons can only be used for attacks as a thrown weapon. though I believe you can waylay with them but I'm not certain on that.

If Tonfas pass, I am making Nummmmmm-chukkas FYI. I be a numchukkamasta IRL.

LOL, I had the pleasure of a Tonfa experience once....

In all my years of martial arts comps, and tourneys. All the weapons, combat and forms Competition I have participated in, judged or witnessed ( thought its been about 4 years now since i was "active" in the scene). I have seen someone do a Kata/Form/demo with Tonfas one time....

He gave his heart and sole into it, but it was boring as hell and I really pulled a simon cowl when it was my turn to rate and judge. Anyway I gave him a 6.5 for Uniqueness, determination and passion. But I'd give a redneck playing spoons on his knee a better "Forms" score.

But in Nero the basis of the attack form of these... these tonfa things, regardless of how bad of a concept it is, the wipping motion just doesn't fit the rules.

NUMCHUKKKKA!!!

A tonfa CAN can be made according to the rules, at least a tonfa-shaped blunt can. I don't know the proper dimensions for a real tonfa, but the long section would be the same as any one-handed weapon. The "handle" of the tonfa would be made og open-cell foam and be the "head" of the blunt weapon. There you go!

People keep forgetting the real reason why it is a bad idea:

You'll get yourself killed. And other people too... (Lets not repeat the shield/spear discussion from a few years back... I'll die on the inside)

Style is one thing... But fights are statted with you included in the APL.... if you fight with a craptastic fighting style... then you might as well not even be there...

If you want to be an Eastern themed character there are PLENTY of ways to emulate that archtype without using a shitty *** weapon style. :geek:

Stephen

Ok ok, heres why we are really bitter..

Stephen and me were going to the store one day ( 7-11 for delectable slurpees and super dr. pepper big gulps) , and these 5 ninjas armed with swords on backs and crossbows and throwing knives and machine guns believe or not jumped us. Now steve and I almost had them defeated but these mother F$%kers pulled out TONFAS and just beat us up... took my 7-11 big gulp money too.... Stephen lost a bit more......

Infact i dont wanna talk about it anymore...

:eek: :D :eek: :D

Chazz said:
I mean if we are going to try to allow rules for every makeshift weapon I demand rules on a prison shiv.

Chazz,

Don't you have to move the blade across your tongue to whet the blade before pomeling the person in the back with a Terminate?

ah the memories.:D

Paul

Ithica said:
Ok ok, heres why we are really bitter..

Stephen and me were going to the store one day ( 7-11 for delectable slurpees and super dr. pepper big gulps) , and these 5 ninjas armed with swords on backs and crossbows and throwing knives and machine guns believe or not jumped us. Now steve and I almost had them defeated but these mother F$%kers pulled out TONFAS and just beat us up... took my 7-11 big gulp money too.... Stephen lost a bit more......

Infact i dont wanna talk about it anymore...

:eek: :D :eek: :D

That's just not right... NOW I understand why there is all this Tonfas hate coming from certain directions... ;)

So did I ever tell you guys about my old Ninja crew. We were pretty cool, used to wear all black, used only tonfas, used to run the local 7-11...

Back