Town Layout and Layon Policies

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Hey folks!
Next event, and for all summer events...

We are going to be losing Lucky Circle cabins and much of the lower half.
What does this mean?

It means that for the nicer cabins in Greenwood, we are going to institute a first pay, first stay policy for those cabins.
First Pay, First Stay:
For the 3, 12 person cabins, 8 people from a team must pre-register/pre-pay for them and put in their notes the team they are staying with/team they are on.
For the 1, 8 person cabin, 6 of the 8 people must do the same.
You will most likely get NPC or PC overflow if you cannot fill the entire cabin. If, for example, you fill up 8 of the 12, I might ask you to fill the front-most beds of the cabin, and allow 4 NPCs to sleep in the rear of the cabin, close to the back door, so as to make the least amount of distraction as they come and go. If warded, you can't use that door IG anyway. Maybe we can even hang sheets/tapestries to section it off.

****Just so we are clear... being on one of the noble teams does not guarantee you a Greenwood cabin. If others beat you to it with following the above rules, so be it.

Citadel cabins all sleep 8, although the website says one has 6.
-They have no heat. They do have wood burning stoves if needed.
-They have no ELECTRICITY. Bring battery operated lanterns and flashlights.
To reserve these, 4 of the 8 must do above.

Keep in mind... on the paypal page, there is a NOTES field just under your address before the final submit screen. Leave your message there (ex. staying with Tiatar) and again when you fill out the new handy-dandy pre-reg form. If you have already pre-reged/pre-paid, please send a note to AcarthiaLogistics@gmail.com so we can get this figured out.

If you are a guild member, you can also stay within that guild building if arrangements were made in game or via letter to plot.

We are also thinking of ways to create a small "room" within the tavern for 1 to 3 beds to be rented from Stoney.

I just want to be clear, is the requirement that X number of persons both prepay and preregister? Or one or the other is sufficient to secure the team space?

Thanks,
Trace

What if we already did the paypal thing without the note field filled out (which apparently I need to look harder for)?

Gah, misread that paragraph, emailing logistics now...

Ooooh another edit: How does it work if were prepaid for multiple events?

Hold those thoughts... in my haste, I forgot the players who are on small teams and are more solitary and it isn't quite fair to deny them light and electricity because of it, especially when they already paid far in advance for those amenities... give me a week or so to think over the new layout and what I can tweak around camp... I have some good ideas...

Battles to the DEATH!!

WORD!! No, seriously though... we are still going to stick to first come first serve... so no cabin is safe. We will be dividing one of the 12 person cabins into two, 6 person cabins. Each will have its own door to use. The 8 can also be two 4s if needed. We also have 4 spots in the healer's guild annex. I just spoke to Mac and he has things figured out for everyone! As long as we don't go past 52 paid/pre-regged players, we should all have light, heat, and electricity. It just may mean that you have to share space with some other small teams either in game or oog. As for #53 on up, they're in the dark. FYI- we are currently at 28 for the event several weeks away.

Is preregistering multiple games in advance needed or is there a cap? For example, if I register for the next two years of games do I get priority of someone who "only" registers for one year in advance.

You could make us all draw cabins from a fishbowl.

Dosnt work for those of us who have worked to put together big groups and for obvious in-game reasons and coordinating ooc reasons, need to be together .

It actually does. Your team was the first to pre-reg according to the specifications I originally asked for. Perhaps this is also a good way to ensure pre-reg's in advance! Like I said though... give me a week to figure stuff out... I have been in talks with Mac and camp, and I think all parties will be happy... as always... please be patient.

Is preregistering multiple games in advance needed or is there a cap? For example, if I register for the next two years of games do I get priority of someone who "only" registers for one year in advance.
Seeing as most players only pay one game at a time, I am sure this isn't even an issue. You can pay as far out as you like.

It actually does. Your team was the first to pre-reg according to the specifications I originally asked for. Perhaps this is also a good way to ensure pre-reg's in advance! Like I said though... give me a week to figure stuff out... I have been in talks with Mac and camp, and I think all parties will be happy... as always... please be patient.

I was responding to Seth about the fishbowl-pull idea. Not the first come first serve policy, thats fine as far as I can see.

For the record, I'm prepaid over multiple events. I'm interested in a detailed answer to this question.

Trace, you and Ian are the only two who are... and aren't paid for a year or 2 as in the above example. That's why I said it isn't an issue. Paying for the two of you in advance guarantees that the two of you will have beds in a heated/lit cabin... not your team.

I do imagine that this will still be true.. not everyone will be able or willing to take advantage of the annual pass, so these people should have a distinct advantage in being guaranteed a cabin spot. possibly an unmentioned benefit of having the pass..

I'd like to think that pre-regging and paying for a cabin is first come first serve within the time period between games, meaning, People that pay for a Annual pass don't have to worry about rushing home to pay and are toward the front of the line from game to game. If we are trying to grow the chapter and everyone has locked out all the new players from being able to stay in a cabin, that may not create the best impression or a desire to return. I love that we have people that are actually camping and hitting up tents and all, but there are other potential issues that arise. Speaking as one of the few players that require power while sleeping, being locked out of power simply because I didn't have the funds to pre-reg a year in advance or buy an annual pass would be more then annoying. That said it's also dependent on the number of people on the team that are pre-regged for this per the rules outlined above.

Side note: For some reason I thought we no longer had Citadel, am I incorrect or do we need to update the original content with what is available?

We dont have citadel anymore, not for cabin camping anyway. Those have been closed and condemned, basically.

Power needs for health reasons always trump timing, so we will always get you accommodated. Doesn't mean you shouldn't still pre-reg early, but we won't put someone into an unsafe situation because they pre-reged later than someone else.

Back