[Twinspire] Outlander's Guild

Shay

Hello, everyone.

When last we gathered, the High Arbiter rewarded us for our work on behalf of Travaelia by forming the Outlander's Guild. In the bylaws (which can be viewed in Scholar Evergreen's library), we were required to select leadership and enforcers within one month.

Now, however, there are bigger things that we need to be focused on- what may, we can hope, be the final confrontation with Tzero and the Vor. I have spoken with the High Arbiter, and he has agreed to extend the deadline so that we may focus our full attention on what needs to be done and not need to worry about legalese details.

What I wanted, however, was to remind people that this is still ahead. Probably the next time we gather after this impending conflict, we will be expected to select a head for the guild. So, as we go forth in the days upcoming, please take the time to look around at your fellow heroes and at least start thinking about who you might like to see as leader and spokesperson for the Outlander's Guild.

Until soon!

Shay

Yes, I have been working on things as well for the final assault.

I'd like to suggest some sort of council, with heads of different houses/groups, and we choose a leader to fulfill that role.

I'd also like to put a master of arms (in case thumpage is necessary), as well as a quartermaster. Way too often, I have seen commanders bogged down with pay, loot distribution, etc. I think having a trusted person perform these functions would be a better choice. Also, this would allow the build up of group resources in an organized manner.

Lorotho.

Ever green will you have need of me to bring the scroll to this coming gather you intrusted to me on the gather of the last moon? or should i keep it locked a way for now with tasks at hand being as they are.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We need to appoint a leader and an enforcer. Anything else we can discuss after the fact, including internal rules and laws.

Having been here and done all this before, I'll share any information or opinions that are asked of me... privately.

~Ny'

Lady Moss, yes, please bring the scroll. We need to go over our resources this weekend, and I want to make sure we're not missing anything.

Dame Nyrani, I will contact you privately in missive.

Sincerely,
Lorotho Evergreen

I have every intention of soliciting your advice, Dame Nyrani. Though there _is_ one thing that needs to be determined before we select a leader and an enforcer, and they are... how to select a leader and enforcer. The preliminary bylaws don't specify a method.

(I've been working on thinking up what I hope is a fair and simple method for nominating and then selecting a leader- what can I say, I like structure and clarity. I'll present it if I finish something and it can be used or dismissed as appropriate.)

In the meantime, I just wanted to encourage people to be keeping this whole thing in mind.

Shay dea'Saryn

Being as we are intelligent peoples, I think we can come to agreement that no one who is unwilling should be forced to serve, and that the decision should be made by the group as a whole.

We must come to a decision on this promptly, else the decision will be made for us. We are being given the opportunity to choose our own leadership; let us not squander it.

We should keep things simple. Nominate a few people to both positions, then take a simple vote.

Given the time spent on this already, I think Dame Nyrani's method would suffice. Unless strong objections are raised with convincing reasons I'll submit my nominations by the 29th of this month.

Genji

Since no objections have been presented.

For the position of Guild Leader, I nominate Shay.

For the position of Enforcer I nominate Dame Nyrani.

Genji- I'm honored. If people decide to vote that way I will give it my best.

I mentioned a while ago that I had various ideas for how to handle the electing, but between my own material involvement now and Dame Nyrani's point that we can and should keep it simple, I will instead just make a few notes that are probably considered common sense anyway.

I feel that anyone who has been present for at least one gathering of the Outlanders should be able to nominate, vote, and be nominated. As Nyrani says, if you don't want to serve you can decline the nomination.

The other thing I wanted to say is that not everyone pays attention to their dreams, so there should be opportunity for nomination and voting at a gather. People who cannot make the gather should be able to vote somehow- I don't see a way around them not necessarily knowing all the nominees, but they could either send a message to a neutral party or send a note in their own hand to the gather. Point being I think this should be as inclusive as possible.

Hey, I said it was mostly common sense. I hope.

That said I'm going to step back, this now being an election I'm evidently in the running in. I do encourage people to continue thinking about this and make further nominations in advance of the next gather, so everyone has time to reflect and, if they want to, get to know the nominees better. Don't let apathy leave you with a guild leader and/or enforcer you would not be happy with!

An unsettled feeling in my bones leads me to believe that we will be called together again soon. As such I wanted to remind everyone of this- in accordance with the High Arbitor's instructions, we will need to select the Outlander Guild officers when next we meet. So please, if you care, turn your thoughts towards who you should like to see performing those duties, and maybe make a few more nominations beforehand!

Let it be known that the officers have been voted on, this past weekend at the Horse You Rode Inn.

Guild Leader - Lieutenant Squire Shay dea'Saryn
Guild Enforcer - Dame Ny'ranï Sheehar

As its first order of business, the guild created and voted into position a Quartermaster, Lord Lorotho Everbright, to handle the distribution of goods that we might receive either from the field (when pooled) or as payment.

Questions and comments may be directed at the Guild Leader.

Indeed, I am open and available to anyone who has questions, comments or suggestions. I will craft a longer communication soon, with further details.

I've been doing some digging into the accusations of mass murder in Fathomfall aimed at us.

I confirmed with Professor Glanstaufer that without a shadow of a doubt, that there was at least one member of the Celestial casters who forced the meteor down, fighting the will of the rest of us.

The populace is treating our silence and refusal to comment as implied admittance of guilt.

So, a few things must be done.

First, through second hand reports, we have that the Konig's son had a member of our Guild at the celebration that day claimed responsibility. I have not gotten an honest report on who, so I am discounting this as rumor unless someone can give a distinct "this person said it".

Second, we need to have a statement from the Guild leader on this. A "we deplore this action/deny the allegations/will ensure the prosecuton of guilty parties" or what have you. We need to make it clear that we will police our own.

What turned into a coup in Fathomfall, backed by a magic item, and therefore quickly solvable, has now become a nation enraged at us, and no longer a "quick fix". The murder of thousands, and the sparking of war, is a crime I cannot even describe.

Lord Lorotho Everbright

Daviomac said:
Second, we need to have a statement from the Guild leader on this. A "we deplore this action/deny the allegations/will ensure the prosecuton of guilty parties" or what have you. We need to make it clear that we will police our own.

I agree. A statement is being prepared.

I am deeply disappointed by this news. I would have liked to have thought better of us. If anyone knows the full list of who was participating in that ritual I would be pleased to have it.

-Shay

I do want to say that there were a number of people participating in the ritual, and only one (most likely) who was a perpetrator of this act. I know and just want to remind everyone that all of the others who were there were exerting themselves for the good of Travaelia. We are going to find the truth and get to the bottom of this, but it will not be a witch-hunt and we will not be throwing our friends and companions under a mine cart to satisfy Fathomfall.

Hopefully this went without saying, but I was afraid that the other participants might be concerned about the fervor here and I wanted to make some reassurances.

Um, I wasn't around for whatever it was that happened with the meteor, but between my skills in astrology and my ability to cast at least a 480 daggerblow Vengeance, if someone will provide me with the goods to cast a Vision I'll gladly empower it. At least then the adventurers have some sort of ritually-gotten information to make a rebuttal about these accusations. Especially if someone's created a false vision or tweaked/edited the reports.

As an "outlander," a mystic wood elf and an accomplished celestialist, I have no intentions on becoming a scapegoat for these crimes at the next gather. If I had the scroll I'd offer it, but it's not one I possess in these lands.

-Phedre

Independently confirmed... one of the people in the group betrayed the will of the rest of us, and acted with malicious intent.

I have a suspect, based on logical deduction and process of elimination, but I will share more at the gather, after I've done more digging.

Lord Everbright,

Do we have confirmation that this individual acted with malicious intent of their own will? Or must we consider that their mind was manipulated in some way?

-Morganna.

Every ounce of divination points to malicious self-willed.

Yes, I had thought of ineptitude or mind control, which is something I had the good professor specifically look for.

We were able to narrow it down to the group of 2 MWE's, 1 Stone Elf, 1 Wylderkine, and a Hobling.

I was one of the MWE's, and I can absolutely guarentee that I would not have done this. This smacks of ignorance of our history, combined with arrogance, that they "know better than anyone else" that I have seen several times from some of the people who visit.

Back