[Twinspire] Outlander's Guild

That's... what I was afraid of.

Thank you, Lord Everbright.

Since I have not officially joined the guild yet, I sought permission from one of the officers before I joined this conversation.

I understand the concern everyone has over this prospect, but there are a couple very important things that need to be considered.

First, the visions don't clearly identify anyone. Confirmation from the Professor in Omar Nadine stated you couldn't identify anyone. It was merely the feeling of outlander that lead them to believe the collective was our number. They can sense a connection to our numbers, not identify anyone.

Second, the location and who else was present for the ritual is not visible during the ritual. The reason given for this was that it was outside the scope of their question.

Third, we had no Stone elves involved in that ritual. Coldsky is not a celestial caster and was not involved and Loxious wasn't present.

Fourth, during the war, Omar Nadine was rescued from the Vor by FathomFalls armies.

The claim they can't see anyone else around due to the scope of their question carries two problems.

First that would imply that everyone present had malicious intent, because Simeon was involved in the ritual and wasn't viewed by anyone conducting the vision. A vor being involved in the ritual would be a noteworthy statement given the recent war with the Vor.

Second it is claiming a Stone Elf has malicious intent, my understanding is that claim would require them to have an emotional attachment to something and wish to harm it, a feat I understand stone elves not to be capable of.

Omar Nadine is indebted to Fathomfall for assistance during the war, so as far as secondary verification, I question it. Given the lack of details provided, missing members of the ritual, and the addition of one who wasn't present in the ritual until we perform our own vision it's still unverified in my eyes.

There are more holes in this story than Tzero's corpse.

-Genji

I hate to break it to you, but your attempt to discredit doesn't hold water.

I have talked with the good professor, and he was able to determine by empowering the ritual, that there was a member of *that* group that was malicious in intent.

One, person.

I was part of the focus to stop the meteor, and I'm afraid that those present do match what was going on. It was the focus of formalists, not merely celestial casters.

Sorry, one of our number betrayed us.

If it should be discovered that one or more Outlanders had a hand in this unspeakable act, they will be prosecuted to the fullest, for those who would perpetrate such actions have no place in our or any other society.

No place, indeed. Yet is this action not representative of the culture of superiority for which we are all responsible for cultivating amongst ourselves?

We are the heroes. Our cause is righteous, and in the fulfillment of our cause we will neither bend nor bow to anyone who has failed to demonstrate to us that they are worthy of our respect.

We are the saviors of kingdoms, of empires, of entire planes.

We have seen more than you.

We are stronger.

We know better.

We make the decisions by which you will live or die.

Are we all in such a hurry to disclaim that which we have wrought by our own practices? We consider ourselves the greater; is it such an unreasonable step for one among us to think themselves greater still? I think not. Look to Fathomfall and behold a monument to our greatness that will be remembered for all of history.

This is the price of hubris.

This is the price of arrogance.

This is the price of ignorance.

This is the price of apathy.

This is the inevitable result of what we have allowed, or even encouraged, ourselves to become- yet when reality holds up a mirror into which we are forced to gaze we scramble to sacrifice the one among us who dared exemplify the values we espouse in a desperate attempt to appear as anything other than which we are.

Allow me then, to be the first to proclaim culpability, and to make an offer in turn.

Even though I was not present for the events which occurred I am guilty of perpetuating the pervasive attitudes of superiority which led to this conclusion.

Should the person responsible for this act, recently ascertained to be among our number, request it of me I shall offer what protections I can give, for I am responsible for my part in contributing to the mindset which enabled them to do as they have done. I welcome, but shall not require, to my side those who have the courage to speak their part in this.

You need not stand alone, for you are not alone responsible.

Sir Shikar al'Basteua
Knight of the Royal Parnan Order of Morgan
Baron to the Court of Andar (Retired)

Please, my friends. Let me take this opportunity to say: with one possible exception, I would like to think that we are all on the same side. We don't want to be used as political pawns, excuses, and scapegoats by Fathomfall, we don't want the innocent accused, we want to find the truth. I do not see Genji's words as trying to discredit anyone, but rather pointing out legitimate concerns he has because he does not want to see fingers pointed at the wrong person. His concerns may have answers, but that does not mean that there is any disingenuousness behind them. Let us not begin this new guilded fellowship by assuming the worst about one another- and I am sorry that I appear to be calling out Lord Everbright's words here. This is not my intention, for there too I wish to not assume the worst, but they are a springboard from which I wanted to say this, because I want to say these things before they are too late to make a difference.
Even the party responsible may have had the best of intentions, and may now be shocked and horrified by what those actions wrought. The death and ruination caused need to be answered for, but we do not need to hate, sight unseen.

Well, this dream is quite turbulent.

This is Aziraphel. I was one of the mystic woodfolk that was part of the effort to redirect the meteors that were headed at Trevalia. You may notice I said "effort" and not "ritual". Because it wasn't a ritual, not by any stretch of the word. It was an impromptu down and dirty manipulation of magical energies, the like of which we generally cannot do without the involvement of some sort of above and beyond supernatural being of a nature and power level way above our own. You know what I mean.

So, it was a long crazy physically draining day. Tzero decided to fight us on the hottest day in Twinspire all year. So my memories are a bit hazy. As i said, it wasn't a ritual, it was a group of us channeling our celestial magic energies into Simeon which he in turn used to redirect the meteors. That is plural. The one headed at Fathomfalls was, as I recall, the last one. We were trying to move it and it wouldn't budge till the last minute. Instead of hitting land it hit the near by sea.

I seem to remember there were four of us involved, Lorotho, Vila, myself and Simeon. The vision mentioned earlier saw a stone elf and a wilderkin but did not see Simeon. Am I correct in this? So, start with the stone elf. It wasn't Vossun, he's an earth caster and I don't remember Loxius being part of the events of that day. As for the wilderkin, I can't even think of any celestial casting wilderkin that has worked with us in Twinspire. Is it possible that something interfered with the vision?

Who benefits from causing this destruction and loss of life in Fathomfall?

Or someone recreated it as closely as they knew how to, so that a Vision cast on the events of the day would show their series of events, and not yours, incriminating the adventuring population instead of a home-grown threat.

Food for thought.

-PS

Warlock said:
Who benefits from causing this destruction and loss of life in Fathomfall?

Better to ask: Other than Fathomfall, who *doesn't* benefit?

They're intent on starting a war with everyone else, and now they start it at a disadvantage. That's good for just about everyone that isn't resting under shards of meteor right now.

Their neighbors.

Fathom fall is going to need food for their people and they had pulled their forces back from the vor front.

The Navy is still intact and I have only heard reports of civilian casualties so their army is intact.They have every justification to expand their boarders to help feed their people.

In truth unless a bunch of military targets were hit that we did not hear about, this benefits no one unless their goal is to kill fathom fall to the last.

Aziraphel, you said the fathomfall meteor would nut budge until the last moment. When is did finally budge, did it feel like the resistance ended or that you finally overwhelmed the resistance but it was still there? If the resistance was still there it would lend support to the target being the capitol. If the resistance was completely gone it may mean something else.

If we want to figure this out we need to determine what was the desired target, the Capitol would have one list of people to benefit from, off the coast is another matter.

Speaking for myself, I would be very happy if we could get our hands on a Vision scroll and materials. Phedre offered earlier to perform such a ritual if we could provide the means, and I would love to be able to accept that offer. No matter how trustworthy and competent the caster of the Visions we're working off of are, it'd be good if we could have one done in-house, as it were, to fill in the gaps that are still uncertain.

If anyone knows where we might be able to acquire one, I'm all ears. I've put out some feelers but I don't yet know if they will have any leads.

- Shay

Belay that request- it looks likely that I will be able to acquire a Vision scroll by way of the Allied Travaelian Army, considering the circumstances. I don't know what components we'll need but that shouldn't be too difficult. I hope we can make this happen at our next gather.

If this is something you'd like Empowered, please let me know before the gather begins.

Also, please be forewarned that last time I was involved in an empowered Vision, we ended up living a small amount of time as though we were in the war that ravaged the lands of Maelstrom. Akemi, Ash, Vanyal and some others thought they were going to resurrect and Vanyal now refuses to be in the same building as one of my rituals, while Akemi will never assist me again... But I'm sure that won't happen this time, there were extenuating circumstances.

I hope...

-Phedre

Tseddon said:
Aziraphel, you said the fathomfall meteor would nut budge until the last moment. When is did finally budge, did it feel like the resistance ended or that you finally overwhelmed the resistance but it was still there? If the resistance was still there it would lend support to the target being the capitol. If the resistance was completely gone it may mean something else.

If we want to figure this out we need to determine what was the desired target, the Capitol would have one list of people to benefit from, off the coast is another matter.

Eventually the resistance stopped. Whether that was because the source of the resistance gave up or had made its point or we just broke it down I have no way of telling.

Phedre- if you are willing, then yes, please. If there's anything I can do to help facilitate it (besides the acquisition of components, which is already a known need), please let me know.

This place has become exceedingly loud recently, and I am unsure about familiar voices. Did I end up in this strange place again?

I believe there was a noblewoman sarr..and a hobling of a place called Ashenspire and a couple other individuals.

Is this it?

-Aislynn Ravenshire
Amani Healer

Aislynn,

Different place, same problems. No crazy game master running around with over-sized chess pieces. Just civil war.

Glad to hear you're whole and hale though.

Aislynn,

I am Commander Tevas of the Order of the Ashen Spire. We met some time ago, and had a short discussion over our shared hatred for the undead. Should you find that your purposes here align with our own, perhaps we can assist towards a common end. The forces of the Order should be easily identified; don't hesitate to seek us out should your cause mirror our own.

Commander Tevas
The Order of the Ashen Spire

Dame...Nyrani was it? I believe i was in the place with some Rune Krator named vampire once before. Is that this place?

Tevas - Agreed. I believe your Order and my house follow the same codes of conduct in regards to undead. House Redeemer and the Order of the Scarlet done suffer none. I will come find you presently.

-Aislynn Ravenshire

Wait... Aislynn, like Scarn's Aislynn? This is pretty far from the forest, I wasn't aware you traveled this far.

Got any of your brother or Cedric's astikir? It's been almost a year since I tasted any, and the last bottle was a fine one, indeed.

If you need anything while you're here, come find me.

-Phedre

Rune Kraytor was it? Well, yes then, this would be the same place as that one. The rest of it all stands as I spoke it though.

How's your quivers? Need any supplies?

~Ny

Back