Ugh, I'm sick of lurking

I've been on these boards daily since I heard the news of Finnegan's passing. I've had closer friends die in the past five years that didn't have an impact on my life like this has had. That's not to say they aren't missed, but this is different. I think everyone else understands what I'm talking about, especially those of you who were very close to him. I spent the first week thinking about him and all the general memories from my LARPing days. I never left on bad terms, but I did leave. I missed seeing all of thoses faces I saw that Saturday in Stroudsburg. I've said in the past that I would make a return, but it's always been so hard to get away for a weekend when I have a wife and kids at home, not to mention a job I work Fridays & Saturdays at.

About two weeks ago my wife informed me that her (female) boss asked if she wanted to head out to Cape May, NJ to her condo during the first weekend in May. She invited my wife and daughters, along with her own daughter, for a girls trip to the beach. They would be leaving early afternoon on Friday, and coming home during the evening Sunday. Hmmm...that sounds like something I used to do, right? So on a whim I checked the event calendar and see what you all already know--HQ event that weekend.

I've avoided posting because I feel like it's too good to be true. I can think of maybe one or two other times these past four years that I've actually had a whole weekend to myself. To have one line up with an HQ event seems more than just a coincidence. So over the past week I've been making calls and sending out PM's to get things in order. I actually made gas globes last night with the help of my kids...ok they didn't really help, but they at least tried! ;)

I guess my only real question is this--is it too early to pre-reg for May 2-3-4 weekend? :p

And yes, there will be yummy treats. Possibly more than I've ever brought before to a single event.

Geeeeeee

he was probably trying to convince you to come up this weekend so you can play with all your old high school buddies (haha).

do you know to this day, when playing d&d, and someone wakes up another person in the game I have to ask them, " do you wake them up the Gee way...or...?"

-Robbbbbb

Yay Gee is coming back!

Bring the Bakliva

*cause someone had to say it*

Robb Graves said:
Geeeeeee

he was probably trying to convince you to come up this weekend so you can play with all your old high school buddies (haha).

do you know to this day, when playing d&d, and someone wakes up another person in the game I have to ask them, " do you wake them up the Gee way...or...?"

-Robbbbbb

Wow, I'm honored and ashamed all at the same time.

By the way, I had to run up to my attic to get my senior year book from '98. Rather than just have people write the same corny stuff, I asked everyone to draw a picture. This is what Robb drew:

nero-spawn.jpg

Our first event was with the Undoer, thus the line, "Undo this!"

Holy Crap!

I know I entered his info in the databse, but I just checked where Rob lives and it's like 5 minutes from my house!

BTW When Gee comes to play I am forcing him to play Fuzzee instead of Perwin. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaa !!!!! man that is funny! i didn't remember that till just now. (well i remembered the event, not the drawing) man... good times. remember tony played my brother!? haha..

Telokh_Amdo said:
Holy Crap!

I know I entered his info in the databse, but I just checked where Rob lives and it's like 5 minutes from my house!

BTW When Gee comes to play I am forcing him to play Fuzzee instead of Perwin. ;)

i think that's my old place in york though that never got updated (I love in Lancaster now)

but it's still close. if you play poker i will throw a game sometime and have you and gee and eric all play and it will be alliance poker madness

Robb Graves said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Holy Crap!

(I love in Lancaster now)

That is either a very entertaining mistype or a very entertaining intentional statement. Either way, it makes me smile.

-MS

Spawn looks like he's checking weapons. Who made Spawn a marshall?

I think on my list of people to bring my weapons to, he'd be second to last.

Scott

mikestrauss said:
Robb Graves said:
Telokh_Amdo said:
Holy Crap!

(I love in Lancaster now)

That is either a very entertaining mistype or a very entertaining intentional statement. Either way, it makes me smile.

-MS

LOL. it was a typo but it just goes to show you, even subconciously I aim to please.

Telokh_Amdo said:

Fuz-ee is by far the worst character anyone has ever played--ever. A bear scavanger in a full head-to-toe slightly modified Chewbacca costume is a terrible idea. The worst part was walking around acting like I was three years old, high pitch voice and all.

A fat, human baker isn't that great of an idea either, but at least I don't come home with Chewbacca lint in my belly button.

Robb Graves said:
what's ******** is i didn't even draw medieval spawn... ::shaking head::

I'm still waiting for you to make it big so I can sell my yearbook on ebay for millions. You better be there by the time my girls are ready for college. Weddings at the latest, though! They are only four years old now, so you have some time.

i have 2 metal cds out, 2 more on the way, a folk cd in the works, and multiple published works of art with more on the way.

Granted they don't sell for millions, but how big are we talkin here?

Wanna buy a yearbook? :p

I love thread hijacks more than anything, but back on topic quick. In case you were on the fence about attending the May 2-3-4 event, my goal is to bring along baklava, fudge, sweet potato pie, some type of cake/cookies, and possibly more. All homemade, of course.

This is your thread Gee. Anything you say here is On-topic!

Gee!!

<hugs from across the world>

I wonder if you can mail baklava safely? <ponders>

Back