Ugh, I'm sick of lurking

Wilde_Night said:
Gee!!

<hugs from across the world>

I wonder if you can mail baklava safely? <ponders>

It is your task to bring back som similar snack-type recipe from Guam. We will then forever associate it with you that way we assiciate Baklava with Gee. And you will also be responsible for bringing a large batch of it to each event! ;)

Oh.. um... I was wondering if he could mail it to me. LOL.

You don't want the traditional food here do you? I mean I can make lumpia, red rice with finadine and spam. And if you really want I can look up how to make balut <gags> but Micronesia/Philipines doesn't have the same refined tastiness of Greek Cuisine.

You absolutely can ship baklava safely. The only reason I know is because I got the idea to sell mine on eBay during the Christmas season for a little extra cash. A lot of people actually do it. I never fully committed, but I think with better preparation I could do it next time around. It's nice to see that you're still around though, Susan, even if it is quite some distance away. :)

And I accepted long ago that people are more happy to see my food than me. This last batch I made and brought up to Stroudsburg was a batch that I won't be able to match for a while. My mom's brother's friend is a beekeeper in Greece. When my mom was there in early fall of last year she brought a bunch of the honey home. I had enough for two batches of baklava, and both were better than anything I've ever made before. The honey is very dark and tastes nothing like what you would expect it to taste like.

Come to think of it, my mom may still have some honey left at her house. I'll see if I can use it for a future batch. I already owe Erica quite a bit of baklava. In exchange I get a cool new costume for the May event. Did I mention I <3 that woman? :D I also loved how she got a to-go container from that Irish Pub and shoved a crapload of the baklava in it.

LOL. Nah, Gee. I love you for you. The food is just a bonus. ;)

Wilde_Night said:
Oh.. um... I was wondering if he could mail it to me. LOL.

You don't want the traditional food here do you? I mean I can make lumpia, red rice with finadine and spam. And if you really want I can look up how to make balut <gags> but Micronesia/Philipines doesn't have the same refined tastiness of Greek Cuisine.

They don't eat ssancks or dessert in Guam? We don't necessarily need to match the culinary height of Baklava.

Gee-Perwin said:
By the way, I love those little character avatars you guys have. I was messing around and came up with this silly one:

If you could make it look like a giant gingerbread man I'd have done that.

You need to chub him up a bit!

I like sweet potato pie. So does Skirfir, the tavern owner.

Scott

Yeah I wish you could fatten those guys up a bit. Who would ever want to buy food from a skinny baker? Guess I'll definitely have to make sweet potato pie if one of my favorite baldies likes it. Speaking of the tavern, do you guys have a fridge in the kitchen part?

There is a fridge. It's not very big though. Most likely there will be room for some home made treats.

Scott

Gee-Perwin said:
Oooh, nice suck-up post! Working on Gee-points for potential baklava deliveries, eh? :p

*Susan scored a point*

Im making you costuming!
I want everything but sweet potato pie.

So Yes pls.

~Erica

The only reason I asked about a fridge was for rice pudding, which I *may* make. It's not terribly difficult, other than standing there stirring for 45 minutes. But I can do that while baklava bakes.

Erica, you will be well fed that weekend. :p Tonya, I'm probably going to make peanut butter fudge and chocolate fudge. You can also smoosh the pieces together for the peanut butter cup effect. I forgot how much you loved it when I used to make fudge back in the day.

Geez, I'm going to have a lot of cooking to do.

Hey... is Perwin still a loyal minion of Candyman?

Does Candyman ever come out to play anymore?!

Gee-Perwin said:
Fearless Leader said:
Now that the April event is closed for pre-registering, you can start signing up for May!!!

I plan on doing it this weekend, but thanks for the reminder. Speaking of this weekend--you're welcome. You'll know what I mean soon. :D

Unfortunately, I won't be there this weekend (sigh). I have a kidney stone operation tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. and will be kind of out of it for most of the weekend....

Ugh, that's TERRIBLE! Believe me, I feel your pain. I had a kidney stone back in the fall of '06. I was in bed for a few hours dealing with the throbbing pain before I finally went to the doctor's office. It was small enough that I was able to pass it on my own, so they gave me Vicadin and sent me on my way. To people who have never had one before, I tell them to imagine being punched in the kidney while being kicked in the crotch every single time your heart beats. I imagine it's even worse for you if you have a bigger stone. God, I'm shaking just thinking about that again.

Also, I know a woman who has two children and had three kidney stones. She told me she'd take the pains of child birth over kidney stones any day.

Gee-Perwin said:
Ugh, that's TERRIBLE! Believe me, I feel your pain. I had a kidney stone back in the fall of '06. I was in bed for a few hours dealing with the throbbing pain before I finally went to the doctor's office. It was small enough that I was able to pass it on my own, so they gave me Vicadin and sent me on my way. To people who have never had one before, I tell them to imagine being punched in the kidney while being kicked in the crotch every single time your heart beats. I imagine it's even worse for you if you have a bigger stone. God, I'm shaking just thinking about that again.

Also, I know a woman who has two children and had three kidney stones. She told me she'd take the pains of child birth over kidney stones any day.

Yikes, our XO missed the kickoff of OIF when he got sent home from Kuwait for kidney stones. There were a lot of snorts and chuckles until our Platoon Sergeant, a well-traveled vet (still a rarity at that point--there was maybe a year of Afghanistan under our belts and Desert Storm was 11 years prior) who shut everyone up by telling us he's rather get shot again than have kidney stones again (He got a purple heart in Panama).

So I feel for you Mike, even if I can't relate directly.

Fearless Leader said:
Gee-Perwin said:
Fearless Leader said:
Now that the April event is closed for pre-registering, you can start signing up for May!!!

I plan on doing it this weekend, but thanks for the reminder. Speaking of this weekend--you're welcome. You'll know what I mean soon. :D

Unfortunately, I won't be there this weekend (sigh). I have a kidney stone operation tomorrow morning at 6 a.m. and will be kind of out of it for most of the weekend....

Ironically, the writeup still lists him as playing certain NPCs and/or being encounter head for certain encounters. I suspect minor last minute changes will ensue.

Oh, and, hope you feel better, Mike.

-MS

Back