v0.10 - Mettle vs Disarm/Destroy

Yeah drain sucks, but it goes away after 10 minutes. Good luck having fun without a weapon, armor, or shield if your local blacksmith doesn't have a spare till the next logistics.

I admit that I’m used to being in chapters with reserves of mundane weapons (not necessarily because of blacksmiths, just treasure that’s been stockpiled) and can generally replace things pretty easily. That might not be as easy in other chapters. But I rarely ever see Destroy tossed out by NPCs here, either.

On a completely different note, just noticed Muir's IG Name, and every time I read the last name it makes me twitch :p

I'm of the opinion that *love* and Acidic Skin effects do nothing to enhance the game and should be removed entirely. Shatter and Destroy -- at the very least -- should be raised in level significantly and only retain their current power level. i.e. Shatter should be 8th level, Destroy should be 9th and their respective damage vs Constructs should remain the same.

I agree with love and Acidic Skin effects being removed. Ugh.

Shatter and Destroy? Nah. I really don't think there's anything wrong with these*. I literally could not envision playing a character who didn't have backup weapons in any type of fantasy game I play (my Paladin in Pathfinder typically walked around with four melee weapons). My backup Alliance character will walk around with at least two plus a shield, and I'm not opposed to giving him three. I think Armor in 1.3 costs ridiculous amounts of PP, but not so much for weapons. If communities don't stockpile gear, maybe they should start.

Edit: *unless used in ridiculous quantities towards new players in situations where even backup weapons wouldn't be viable. But that breaks down to bad Plot being bad Plot, and not a problem with the ability itself.

Back