v0.10 - Poll - Perception of combat resolution

If v0.10 were rolled out today....

• Total voters

Draven

Count
This particular poll is designed to gauge how the combat environment will change in the shift from 1.3 to the currently proposed 0.10, as players redesign their characters.

It is intended to assume that this will be for how you actively participate now to how you participate after. If you're switching characters entirely, that's totally fine, but if you have backups "on the books" that you don't plan to use anytime soon, then this poll shouldn't factor them.

For purposes of this poll, wands classify as pseudostatic damage as long as you expect that they'll last most of an event, if not the entirety. I figure most people knew what I meant by that, I just wanted to make sure it was clear.

Edit: Ugggggh, and I misspelled lessened AND CANNOT CORRECT IT.

Edit 2: This poll assumes you Spirit Forge your character.

Last edited:
I chose static damage won't change, but that's based on where my character is at right now, with 2 backstabs. Rather than continuing to go down that path, as I likely would in 1.3, I'll pick up maybe one more in .10 and then do something else. So, current damage not changing, expected progression definitely involves a lessening of damage.

Also I actually do like the polls, I just have a pathological need to vote for the comedy option in polls.

I chose static damage won't change, but that's based on where my character is at right now, with 2 backstabs. Rather than continuing to go down that path, as I likely would in 1.3, I'll pick up maybe one more in .10 and then do something else. So, current damage not changing, expected progression definitely involves a lessening of damage.

Also I actually do like the polls, I just have a pathological need to vote for the comedy option in polls.

It's the least I could do, since I didn't run out of choices this time. :D

-

Last edited:
I chose these two:
  1. I would be providing significantly less static/pseudostatic damage...
  2. I would be providing significantly less KO effects...
Cause I think my character qualifies for both.

But you wouldn’t be modifying the character build concept? I thought you said you were building into a C Caster.

I go from a 10 prof templar swinging 15 with a tear drop tree to a templar swinging 5 with an 8 tree. Alot more deaths and confines for me!

That is assuming I dont become a 12 tree celestial scholar... Hint I am likely doing that.

Healing goes way up
Potency basically doubles scroll damage
Potion Coatings give everybody packet healing

There are so many more tools for doing just about everything.

Downside is no more expanded enchantments, which I don't own.

Not significantly less damage, just a bit.

I'm currently swinging for 9s from behind. I would likely go down to 7s.

Significantly more for both.

Probably a 16 block C caster with 11’s for wand damage and at least 4 meditates per day.

More cloaks than I’ll need, because why not?

Significantly more for both.

Probably a 16 block C caster with 11’s for wand damage and at least 4 meditates per day.

More cloaks than I’ll need, because why not?

You should check mediate now, you dont have to buy it more then 3 times for unlimited use at 1 minute.

My bad, guys. I put in "redesign" because it was intended to be more clear that I figured people would be abandoning current concepts for different concepts post 0.10 (and thus, Forging).

I apologize for not making that more apparent from the get go.

I guess you can all hate trash pandas, now.

My main doesn't change a single point of build expenditure and does more wand damage, more KO effects due to meditate and my support stuff is all touch cast, so status the same.

I mean, I could stop dual schooling and become a decent powerhouse in one school, but I haven't played an optimised Alliance character yet, why do so with my main now?

Also I cannot resist comedy options.

Not significantly less damage, just a bit.

I'm currently swinging for 9s from behind. I would likely go down to 7s.

I'd say a 22% drop is significant.

To be fair, the aim of the poll -is- directed towards overall battlefield impact. While a 22% increase may be significant on a personal level, a 2 point difference isn't really noticeable.

Getting a gigantic wand boost from Create Scroll/Formal mattering, however...

When you phrase it that way, sure :p

In my mind, 'significant' is the people going from swinging 20s to swinging 8s or something. But losing 2 points of damage isn't that big of a deal to me...especially since I'll likely be able to put some extra points into bind-o-mancy.

Back