v0.10 - Poll - Perception of combat resolution

If v0.10 were rolled out today....

• Total voters
When you phrase it that way, sure :p

In my mind, 'significant' is the people going from swinging 20s to swinging 8s or something. But losing 2 points of damage isn't that big of a deal to me...especially since I'll likely be able to put some extra points into bind-o-mancy.

And thus, increase the amount of KO effects entering the battle. Which this poll is trying to gauge. :)

To be fair, the aim of the poll -is- directed towards overall battlefield impact. While a 22% increase may be significant on a personal level, a 2 point difference isn't really noticeable.

Depends on your chapter / crew. If you're rolling with lower level characters or in a low level campaign, 2 points is significant. If you're at the average field fight, then you're right.

You trash panda.

YOU WOUND ME, SIR.

Depends on your chapter / crew. If you're rolling with lower level characters or in a low level campaign, 2 points is significant. If you're at the average field fight, then you're right.

True story. There's a reason I didn't set definitions for "significant," because I figured people would have a better idea of what's significant in their groups and what isn't.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if Ruki didn't view 2 points as significant in their chapter, then it probably isn't.

My main goes from swinging 5/13 all day to swinging 2's after .10, so I'll call that a significant damage loss.

He picks up a fair bit more spell slots in exchange, but most of that build is going to formal to get AA and a few other high magics.

I'm only replying with words to clarify that he's a triangle faced monkey from the trash.

I'd lose a racial prof. Knocking my damage down from my large crossbow from 8 to 7.
Edge melee would go down to 4s from 8 and 6 on two weapon due to removal of the damage rituals.
Have expanded enchant for ranged disarms so I can't take out shields and weapons from back line anymore.

For my Earth Spellsword that would be my main, I would drop 18bp off of my spells to maintain 9s with my bow. Less spells but with healing at every level, not such a big deal. For my Kin Fighter, he would need a complete over haul not absolutely for the rules but the concept that I built him on would be shot.

On a side note: I see there is a new max for armor but the class limits have not changed. That seems like something that will cause a statting issue in the future. Weren't they trying to get away from bloat? A 200pt suit of armor? Granted that is would be expensive but it could be done. Soaking 200pts of damage that can be replaced in 30 sec to 1 min seems a bit against what they were trying to do with 2.0.

A 200pt suit of armor?

A 200 pt suit of armor is still impossible. While the upper limit is technically removed I believe the new cap is 73 or something. That's a wired number and I can't remember why it sticks out so don't quote me on it. Armor is still counted by location and while the new hypothetical maximum is much higher than it is now in 1.3 it's not that crazy.

Even so a master blacksmith dwarf refitting a 50 suit (definitely doable) in 15 seconds seems pretty good :confused:

Disregard. It is 200pp for a 62pt suit.

Last edited:
I don’t care about your fancy shmancy actual Armor, #AA304Lyf

I don’t care about your fancy shmancy actual Armor, #AA304Lyf

Yeah, I remember how nice that was. Then someone decided throwing DFM's into a crowd to scare the highbies was a good thing to put on a card, and I paid the mid-level tax for not having stacked defenses.

Yeah, I remember how nice that was. Then someone decided throwing DFM's into a crowd to scare the highbies was a good thing to put on a card, and I paid the mid-level tax for not having stacked defenses.
If it helps, I still feel neurotically guilty about this every time I think about you, and I probably will for the next long while.

If it helps, I still feel neurotically guilty about this every time I think about you, and I probably will for the next long while.

Don't! I am not what one would call good at dodging packets. :) Or building Rogues, for that matter.

...Ouch. @Gandian Ravenscroft , you monster (use spellstrikes! That's what I did once and it was great!)!

Don't! I am not what one would call good at dodging packets. :) Or building Rogues, for that matter.
You clearly underestimate my penchant for long-term stress. ;)

Eh, stuff happens.

I felt bad about causing multiple PC's to permanently die over the course of things when I was Plot for OR, but I don't feel guilty.
I felt bad when we had 17 resurrections at 1 event when I was HoP, but I don't feel guilty about it.

I think as long as you provide a fun, consistent world with challenges that make sense for your story, whatever happens is just part of the story, good or bad. And if you scaled slightly high or low for an encounter, eh, just learn from it and maybe adjust in the future. Or if you thought one effect was a bit much, scale it back or use something else that gets a similar feel/result.

How the heck do you kill 17 PCs in one event? I must know the story.

I think the most that Calgary has had since I've been there is 5. And it was all story-related, I think.

Back